Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5132
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Snake » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:40 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:31 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:24 pm
If he's staying, he doesn't need to say anything, he's already addressed it. But then again. one statement isnt good enough for a lot of you. The club and/or coaches position has to be clarified over and over.
So the fact Brooks and Mbye don't even know who is coaching the team next year sits well with you, well it doesn't sit well with me, that needs in your words, to be addressed :crazy
I thought Cleary was coaching next season have I missed something not heard anything! My read if nothing is stated it is Fake News !
No mate, Brooks when asked last week said he didn't know who was coaching the team next year, Mbye when asked on the weekend said the same thing, that to me is rather disturbing and needs addressing.
I thought Brooks said it would be hard to get behind a coach that signed with another club in 2 years time .i have not heard these quotes if the 2 players quoted that they did not know who the coach was next season that is a worry ..I only have your post to rely on there as I have heard nothing.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29234
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm

Yep...skulk off when caught out

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:07 pm

Here’s a thought.
Why doesn’t Pascoe have a one on one with Cleary and Offer him an early release from his contract at the end of next season.
It gives Cleary a chance to finish what he started, whilst giving him his dream of coaching his son sooner than later.
It comes with a guarantee that Cleary is finishing off his contract with one final year so the players go into next year with some certainty.
It puts us in an open market position for end of 2019 when according to him 7 other coaches are off contract.
It gives the club a full year to decide on their new vision and who is the best candidate to take that forward.

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:11 pm

The players haven't trained together for at least four weeks! Therefore they almost certainly haven't personally heard from Cleary for four weeks. So how are the players to personally know the latest intentions from Ivan Cleary! He made a statement wwweeks ago that he intends to meet his contract with Wests Tigers for the next two season so why are so many fickle fans, who have no concrete evidence at all, muddying the waters and casting aspersions?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22411
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:12 pm

Now that Nathan is wrapped up, I don’t think the Panthers will go as hard for Ivan to be there next year. I think they’ll relax and be happy to have a crack in 2 years. All this rubbish about their window closing is just that, rubbish. They’ll be contenders for at least the next 5.


magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:15 pm

This whole thread is boring, boring. boring.

Ivan said that he will honour his contract. End of story.

The club will let us know if anything changes.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:17 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:11 pm
The players haven't trained together for at least four weeks! Therefore they almost certainly haven't personally heard from Cleary for four weeks. So how are the players to personally know the latest intentions from Ivan Cleary! He made a statement wwweeks ago that he intends to meet his contract with Wests Tigers for the next two season so why are so many fickle fans, who have no concrete evidence at all, muddying the waters and casting aspersions?
For the pure drama of it.
I also expect that Mbye may not have wanted to get into a drawn out conversation about what the coach is up to. A simple I dunno covers that.
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5065
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:33 pm
When half the forum was blowing up at Ivan Cleary, the other half suggested to calm the farm as we dont know what has happened. i cant believe what Pascoe has said has been so conveniently missed by most on here and swept under the carpet;

‘‘ Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.

PASCOE specifically stating that Ivan Cleary comprised his position at the tigers by talking to Penrith. we dont need to guess anymore, we dont need to blame gus or the media that is all out to get us. Its there in black and white. For all those still sticking up for the guy i find it so bewildering. The guy has no integrity , would have walked out on us that week if we let him and people still have their head in the sand. The guy is a fake and should be no where near our team next year.
Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
Exactly NT - context is everything - but take it out of context if it fits your argument.
Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6345
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm

Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:40 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:31 pm


So the fact Brooks and Mbye don't even know who is coaching the team next year sits well with you, well it doesn't sit well with me, that needs in your words, to be addressed :crazy
I thought Cleary was coaching next season have I missed something not heard anything! My read if nothing is stated it is Fake News !
No mate, Brooks when asked last week said he didn't know who was coaching the team next year, Mbye when asked on the weekend said the same thing, that to me is rather disturbing and needs addressing.
I thought Brooks said it would be hard to get behind a coach that signed with another club in 2 years time .i have not heard these quotes if the 2 players quoted that they did not know who the coach was next season that is a worry ..I only have your post to rely on there as I have heard nothing.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 02ced48a9e
“It’s a tough one. I think it could be difficult if we knew that a coach is already going two years down the track,” Brooks told NRL Tonight.
“We don’t know if it’s going to happen but if it does we will worry about it when it gets to that point.”
If there was no doubt Cleary was staying, Brooks would have said Ivan told us he is coaching here for the next 2 years, but he never once said anything like we know what is happening, or anything like that.
As for Mbye, another forum member asked him on the weekend who was coaching next year, he replied he didn't know.
If you go back a few pages in this thread you will find it mate.
Go hard or go home

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:26 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm


Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
Exactly NT - context is everything - but take it out of context if it fits your argument.
Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
Cheers
"Quality Stupidity"

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:31 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm


Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
Exactly NT - context is everything - but take it out of context if it fits your argument.
Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
What are you both on about. So let’s get this straight. Cleary compromised his personal relationship with Pascoe and Pascoe felt the need to let us know about it. He also felt the need to separate his friendship with Cleary in dealing with him meeting up with one of our competitors. But this meeting didnt have any affect or compromise his position as the tigers coach. Or lead to a legal letter being sent to the panthers. Not hereSay anymore it’s all out in the open. My ten year old gets it.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29234
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:33 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:25 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:00 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:52 pm
Snake wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:40 pm


I thought Cleary was coaching next season have I missed something not heard anything! My read if nothing is stated it is Fake News !
No mate, Brooks when asked last week said he didn't know who was coaching the team next year, Mbye when asked on the weekend said the same thing, that to me is rather disturbing and needs addressing.
I thought Brooks said it would be hard to get behind a coach that signed with another club in 2 years time .i have not heard these quotes if the 2 players quoted that they did not know who the coach was next season that is a worry ..I only have your post to rely on there as I have heard nothing.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 02ced48a9e
“It’s a tough one. I think it could be difficult if we knew that a coach is already going two years down the track, Brooks told NRL Tonight.
“We don’t know if it’s going to happen but if it does we will worry about it when it gets to that point.”
If there was no doubt Cleary was staying, Brooks would have said Ivan told us he is coaching here for the next 2 years, but he never once said anything like we know what is happening, or anything like that.
As for Mbye, another forum member asked him on the weekend who was coaching next year, he replied he didn't know.
If you go back a few pages in this thread you will find it mate.
Clutching again...or maybe just trolling

You bored?

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6294
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:33 pm

rex2ce wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 11:50 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 10:15 pm
Balmainian wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 8:19 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 23 Sep, 2018 6:33 pm


Youre concerned?
Signings made months apart, with an apparent view im assuming to Cleary taking them to Penrith with him in two years time...all designed to fit the balance of that squad and their cap without knowing who is recruited, released & retired in the meantime???

That would be some feat!


:deadhorse:
Another day trolling the net hey ink?
Rex, He doesn’t need to take players to Penrith,
They keep churning good players out of their system every year , there’s not too many spots open in

Their team and their Developement pathways
I didn’t say he was GT ,was another poster
Sorry Rex

TIGERPOWER
Member
Member
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TIGERPOWER » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:40 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:56 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 3:11 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:06 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm


So speaking to the Panthers only compromised their personal relationship? that makes no sense. Why would he need to put the tigers first if the tigers werent compromised. Thats Pascoes own words. The whole world has an agenda against Cleary lol. Its so obvious he is only here because legally he has to be. Why would we want to have someone coach us like that.

‘‘It’s the Wests Tigers before our friendship,’’ Pascoe said. ‘‘Yeah we have a close relationship, but we need to be pragmatic and professional. Once he [Ivan Cleary] talked to Penrith, he compromised that and I had to put the Tigers first.
You don't need to quote it again, I know what it says and what it means.
Ivan Cleary talked to Penrith the exact content of which I don't know. Something in the circumstances of Ivan talking to Penrith, compromised his close relationship with Pascoe.
Pascoe has put the Tigers first, presumably by making it clear to Ivan that there was no chance of a release from his contract.
Hmmmm, Oh I get it, putting the WT first must mean Pascoe thinks that making Ivan stay to the completion of his contract is what he thinks is best for the Wests Tigers. This is so, even though his relationship with Ivan has been compromised.
Ok I'll go with that.
So you just agreed that a) Ivan met with Penrith and b) their friendship (therefore the tigers) was compromised by most likely as you stated him asking for a release. Well that’s what im saying.....

You confused me with your second part of your argument. So can’t really respond to it.
Yes, surprise, surprise, I agreed that (according to media reports) a) Ivan met with the Panthers. He openly admitted as much. Major scoop there.
The next bit b) is where either your comprehension drops off, or your agenda kicks in, or both.
Justin Pascoe makes a clear distinction between his friendship with Ivan and his professional relationship with him through the WT. You cannot simply assume that because Justin Pascoe says his personal relationship with Ivan was compromised, he also means that Ivan's professional relationship was compromised. That's not what Pascoe said. So no I don't agree with your grand assumption there.
I did not state anywhere, anything about "him asking for a release". Another of your assumptions. Remember, Pascoe has said publicly that Ivan has not yet asked for a release.
As for the last bit that you found confusing, I'm not surprised. You seem to be pretty confused about the whole thing in general. But don't let that get in the way of your agenda.
Yes your much smarter than me. Ivan met with the panthers, we sent them a threatening legal letter. Pascoe tells us his relationship was compromised as a result of this meeting. But because your so smart and have no agenda you can confirm that only their personal relationship was compromised and not their working one. Your amazing, thanks.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:44 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:31 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm


Exactly NT - context is everything - but take it out of context if it fits your argument.
Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
What are you both on about. So let’s get this straight. Cleary compromised his personal relationship with Pascoe and Pascoe felt the need to let us know about it. He also felt the need to separate his friendship with Cleary in dealing with him meeting up with one of our competitors. But this meeting didnt have any affect or compromise his position as the tigers coach. Or lead to a legal letter being sent to the panthers. Not hereSay anymore it’s all out in the open. My ten year old gets it.
I am reasonably certain that if Justin Pascoe and/or Marina Go thought that Ivan Cleary had compromised his (Ivan's)position as coach or his professional relationship with the Wests Tigers Management or the playing group by talking with Penrith, the Wests Tigers Management would have undertaken legal action against him, as they said they would. Far from that, they have done what they can to ensure that Ivan Cleary will be here to coach the Wests Tigers until the end of his contract. From where I stand, that is an endorsement.
So presumably you know more. What exactly makes you so sure that Ivan Cleary's tenure is compromised?
"Quality Stupidity"

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:51 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:44 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:31 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm


Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
What are you both on about. So let’s get this straight. Cleary compromised his personal relationship with Pascoe and Pascoe felt the need to let us know about it. He also felt the need to separate his friendship with Cleary in dealing with him meeting up with one of our competitors. But this meeting didnt have any affect or compromise his position as the tigers coach. Or lead to a legal letter being sent to the panthers. Not hereSay anymore it’s all out in the open. My ten year old gets it.
I am reasonably certain that if Justin Pascoe and/or Marina Go thought that Ivan Cleary had compromised his (Ivan's)position as coach or his professional relationship with the Wests Tigers Management or the playing group by talking with Penrith, the Wests Tigers Management would have undertaken legal action against him, as they said they would. Far from that, they have done what they can to ensure that Ivan Cleary will be here to coach the Wests Tigers until the end of his contract. From where I stand, that is an endorsement.
So presumably you know more. What exactly makes you so sure that Ivan Cleary's tenure is compromised?
His talking about his friendship and how he believed loyalty was a big part of that. By talking to the Panthers behind Pascoe, Ivan has broken that bond, so now it’s business before leisure.
Ivan has made pascoe wise up to the fact that his relationship in respect to the Tigers needs to remain professional between the two of them.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:54 pm

Needaname wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:51 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:44 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:31 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm


Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
What are you both on about. So let’s get this straight. Cleary compromised his personal relationship with Pascoe and Pascoe felt the need to let us know about it. He also felt the need to separate his friendship with Cleary in dealing with him meeting up with one of our competitors. But this meeting didnt have any affect or compromise his position as the tigers coach. Or lead to a legal letter being sent to the panthers. Not hereSay anymore it’s all out in the open. My ten year old gets it.
I am reasonably certain that if Justin Pascoe and/or Marina Go thought that Ivan Cleary had compromised his (Ivan's)position as coach or his professional relationship with the Wests Tigers Management or the playing group by talking with Penrith, the Wests Tigers Management would have undertaken legal action against him, as they said they would. Far from that, they have done what they can to ensure that Ivan Cleary will be here to coach the Wests Tigers until the end of his contract. From where I stand, that is an endorsement.
So presumably you know more. What exactly makes you so sure that Ivan Cleary's tenure is compromised?
His talking about his friendship and how he believed loyalty was a big part of that. By talking to the Panthers behind Pascoe, Ivan has broken that bond, so now it’s business before leisure.
Ivan has made pascoe wise up to the fact that his relationship in respect to the Tigers needs to remain professional between the two of them.
Of course, I've got no argument with that. I would have hoped he didn't need the reminder.
That said, we don't know the details of conversations between Cleary and Panthers Management. Pascoe could have felt blindsided by the fact the meeting took place and that someone at the meeting canvassed Cleary moving to Penrith either before or after his tenure at WT.
My personal reading of the situation is that Cleary asked the hypothetical 'what if I was to leave early', and this forced Pascoe to say No Way in no uncertain terms including legal terminology. That may have put a little strain on the friendship.
Last edited by NT Tiger on Mon 24 Sep, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quality Stupidity"

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6294
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 5:19 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:45 pm
Russell wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 4:08 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 24 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm


Missed it by that much. Context is everything. Read it again. In the conversation, Pascoe is referring to his relationship with Cleary when he says "he compromised that". So Pascoe never says Cleary compromised his position at the tigers, even if it does suit certain agendas on this forum.
Exactly NT - context is everything - but take it out of context if it fits your argument.
Where have I taken it out of context?
Lol - you haven't NT - Tigerpower did.

I was agreeing with you.
I think that the club was trying a big bluff, when they on about the big legal stick,

It means nothing at all if Ivan talked to Penrith.......UNLESS....Pascoe can prove that they discussed
Himbreaking his contract ..... no one has said that that is the case.
He’s able to talk to anyone if he’s talking about after his present contract.

Unless The club rolls out some very solid evidence that shows actualfault on Ivan’s or Penrith part ,
They are most likely snookered,

All they can do if they want him gone ,is to pay him out , or hope that he might forego a payout,
Which would be a silly thing for him to go
Those saying we’ll get a million dollar payout are living in fantasy Land,
On what’s happened up to now , they don’t have anything to bluff with

Locked