WTs 2019 Front Rowers

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41516
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Re: WTs 2019 Front Rowers

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:21 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:07 am
Geo. wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:44 am
Umm which team doesn't play off the back of their middle forwards laying a platform..
Wests Tigers!!!!
:roll
We have the best three middle forwards money can buy BT

Nofoaluma , Marsters ,Thompson


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33163
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:18 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:13 am
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Twal

14. Aloiai
15. Musgrove
16. MCK
17. ET
Swap ET for Mikaele.

Tarl
Member
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue 20 Mar, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Tarl » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:49 am

If the rumours are true...

8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Twal

14. Aloiai
15. Musgrove
16. Ma'u
17. Mikaele

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 2097
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm

:pray:

8. A Passi
9. Liddle
10. Teikeaho
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Twal

14. Aloiai/Garner
15. Musgrove/Matulino
16. Ma'u
17. Mikaele/Packer

Balmainian
Member
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by Balmainian » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:26 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:18 am
Demps wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:13 am
8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Matterson
13. Twal

14. Aloiai
15. Musgrove
16. MCK
17. ET
Swap ET for Mikaele.
Agreed Mikaele is a weapon.
I’d be giving him and Twal as 1st grade as possible.


User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 12:29 pm

:pray: Twal be a started please
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:04 pm

To be honest here, the more and more I look at it, im finding hard to fit Chris Lawrence into my starting squad:

8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. Garner
13. Twal

14. Eisenthuth
15. MCK
16. Aloiai
17. Mikaela

If true and we have signed Musgrove he's be in my starting squad, probably over Aloiai.

MCK has to be on the bench as the utility player backing up as a back or forward.

Wests Tony
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon 12 Sep, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Wests Tony » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:16 pm

Can't agree with you on that. Lawrence is still a better player than Garner at this stage of their careers and is way in front of Eisenhuth, MCK and Aloiai. He can also still fill in as a centre if there is a game time injury in the backline.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 2:10 pm

Wests Tony wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:16 pm
Can't agree with you on that. Lawrence is still a better player than Garner at this stage of their careers and is way in front of Eisenhuth, MCK and Aloiai. He can also still fill in as a centre if there is a game time injury in the backline.
Lawrence is going well in the 2nd row but his days as a centre are gone.He was moved to the 2nd row because he just dosent have the lateral mobility to defend in the centres

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:07 pm

Wests Tony wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:16 pm
Can't agree with you on that. Lawrence is still a better player than Garner at this stage of their careers and is way in front of Eisenhuth, MCK and Aloiai. He can also still fill in as a centre if there is a game time injury in the backline.
Definitely better than the three you mentioned - agree.

What a difference a few months make.

2018 without a shadow of a doubt our best forward.

Go to 2019 - can't get in the 17.

You guys slay me.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5566
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm

A lot of people have Mikaele as a walk-up start in their 17. Can't recall seeing him standing out much in the ISP games that were televised this season. Hopefully others who regularly watched ISP have seen him show a bit more promise.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8420
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:28 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
A lot of people have Mikaele as a walk-up start in their 17. Can't recall seeing him standing out much in the ISP games that were televised this season. Hopefully others who regularly watched ISP have seen him show a bit more promise.
Forward equivalent of T. Gamble.

Nah, hope he kicks on.
Has an imposing frame.
Time will tell.

*Not a haiku.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:34 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:04 pm
To be honest here, the more and more I look at it, im finding hard to fit Chris Lawrence into my starting squad:

8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. Garner
13. Twal

14. Eisenthuth
15. MCK
16. Aloiai
17. Mikaela

If true and we have signed Musgrove he's be in my starting squad, probably over Aloiai.

MCK has to be on the bench as the utility player backing up as a back or forward.
Are you kidding? You are going to put Aloiai and Eisenhuth in front of Lawrence?

Give yourself an uppercut.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41516
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:48 am

Excited to see what Garner looks like after his first full pre season in an NRL squad

He could seriously put 5-6 kgs on that frame and be a completely different unit again

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33163
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:48 am
Excited to see what Garner looks like after his first full pre season in an NRL squad

He could seriously put 5-6 kgs on that frame and be a completely different unit again
Yeah I'm also hopeful that a fulltime gig for Garner means he can put on a bit more muscle and take his game to the next level. He runs good lines but another 4-5kg of muscle would make him much more effective.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:36 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 10:13 pm
A lot of people have Mikaele as a walk-up start in their 17. Can't recall seeing him standing out much in the ISP games that were televised this season. Hopefully others who regularly watched ISP have seen him show a bit more promise.
He only started playing ISP at the back end of last year and did well in the games he played. Part of it is just wanting to see something new (a lot of people had Felise in their 17 last year), part of it is that he’s been hyped for a few years now and part of it is that Maguire is a coach that’s likely to give a young bloke a shot.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:48 am

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:34 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 1:04 pm
To be honest here, the more and more I look at it, im finding hard to fit Chris Lawrence into my starting squad:

8. Packer
9. Farah
10. Matulino
11. Matterson
12. Garner
13. Twal

14. Eisenthuth
15. MCK
16. Aloiai
17. Mikaela

If true and we have signed Musgrove he's be in my starting squad, probably over Aloiai.

MCK has to be on the bench as the utility player backing up as a back or forward.
Are you kidding? You are going to put Aloiai and Eisenhuth in front of Lawrence?

Give yourself an uppercut.
It's funny everyone is asking for bigger, more robust back rowers .. but when we suggest players in the back row we get people saying are you kidding .. no Lawrence .. Lawrence is 188cm tall and only just in full kit 100kgs. I have always like Lawrence in the side, but he just too small to do the job required as a mobile bustling back rower these days. I hope he proves me wrong.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29898
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 10:23 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:48 am
Excited to see what Garner looks like after his first full pre season in an NRL squad

He could seriously put 5-6 kgs on that frame and be a completely different unit again
This will be Garner's 2nd full pre-season with the full time NRL squad ...he trained in 2018 along with a few others from ISP and flegg...

Same will happen again this year ...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Post Reply