Why Anasta is playing lock

ImageImageImage
kh_canada

Re: Why Anasta is playing lock

Post by kh_canada » Thu 23 May, 2013 8:25 am

What is the point in utilising Anasta in the backrow just so we have an extra man to take off the minutes? When in fact we are throwing away any opportunity at an attacking play by wasting Anasta's kicking game and organising in the halves.

At the present time, Sironen is getting lost in the halves and fails to offer much in attack. He isn't playing badly but he isn't doing much either. Benji will drown Sirro, Anasta will help keep him at bay and is able to put his two cents in.

I just can't understand why the coach cannot see where our players play best but instead decides to settle for mediocre when he could be reaching for exellence.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 23 May, 2013 8:40 am

What you don't seem to understand BnW is that Lock in the modern game play tight , they are basically another prop with a little more mobility

So your saying you are happy for Blair to play prop , you may as well play him at lock

Then have Woods and Buchanan as props

Backrow of Sue and Fulton
7 Anasta
13 Blair
12 Fulton
11 Sue
10 Woods
9 Farah
8 Buchanan

14 Ava
15 Groat
16 Thompson
17 BMM /Spence /Sironen

2 props /2 second rowers on the bench and 4 starters who can step up and play prop

I can't see what your issue is with that side It is more balanced ,has size to match the Cowbees and still has some mobility

We can use Sue to just target Lui all night ,actually even is starting to sound like a game plan ,something we seem to be be lacking for a while

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 23 May, 2013 1:24 pm

kh_canada wrote:What is the point in utilising Anasta in the backrow just so we have an extra man to take off the minutes? When in fact we are throwing away any opportunity at an attacking play by wasting Anasta's kicking game and organising in the halves.

At the present time, Sironen is getting lost in the halves and fails to offer much in attack. He isn't playing badly but he isn't doing much either. Benji will drown Sirro, Anasta will help keep him at bay and is able to put his two cents in.

I just can't understand why the coach cannot see where our players play best but instead decides to settle for mediocre when he could be reaching for exellence.
My point exactly.
Sirro hasnt been bad but at the sametime he hasnt been Outstanding.
Anasta has lots of experience to help out in the halves, Benji wants to step up and without help in halves he will end up over doing it.

I can Criticise Potters selection all day long but there is also a big element of players controlling the result. We could pick them anywhere and they could still show no respect for the game and be lazy as hell.

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Thu 23 May, 2013 1:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:What you don't seem to understand BnW is that Lock in the modern game play tight , they are basically another prop with a little more mobility

So your saying you are happy for Blair to play prop , you may as well play him at lock

Then have Woods and Buchanan as props

Backrow of Sue and Fulton
7 Anasta
13 Blair
12 Fulton
11 Sue
10 Woods
9 Farah
8 Buchanan

14 Ava
15 Groat
16 Thompson
17 BMM /Spence /Sironen

2 props /2 second rowers on the bench and 4 starters who can step up and play prop

I can't see what your issue is with that side It is more balanced ,has size to match the Cowbees and still has some mobility

We can use Sue to just target Lui all night ,actually even is starting to sound like a game plan ,something we seem to be be lacking for a while
i think you are on the money there. i think that should be the side and that is the strongest side i think we can field at this stage pity Potter cant see this. Sue has been much stronger then Thompson and deserves to start where he actually feels comfortable and i agree can give Lui hell all night as he is not strong in defence which we know very well

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Thu 23 May, 2013 6:30 pm

People call for Blair to be dropped, all of us have, he has even been belted consistantly by everyone in the media. If you cannot see that Potter is trying to find a way to get more metres out of Blair, and for less minutes on the park, there is something wrong.

You can spout modern lock all you want, but nowhere in the role is arm grabbing turnstyle who makes 30 odd metres a game over 80 mins. Old-school lock, modern lock are big minute players. On current form you cannot back Blair to fill the role unfortunately.

I am not backing Potter, who knows how this is going to play out, though i can understand what he is trying to achieve. Anasta cannot possibly do any worse than Blair has served up this season (bar the Storm game), minimal metres average tackle count, and lately bulk missed tackles, but Braith is also in a position where he can assist in the halves as well.

Sending out the same old tired team that has had us belted and ran through isnt good coaching. At least he is looking at ways to utilise Blair while he lacks the depth to do something more drastic.

domster

Post by domster » Fri 24 May, 2013 9:13 am

Is all this shuffling of deck chairs on the titanic really going to make a difference. We are talking the same crew of players albeit with different numbers on there backs.

Play hard, play tough and don't embarrass the old girl Leichhardt oval tonight. Smash them and make yourselves count !@

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:02 pm

Maybe just maybe this is what will get us home to-night, being back @ Leichhardt Oval & if we can get a half descent crowd behind the Players they might just guts out a win for their fans.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:03 pm

Also maybe Anasta will move to Half & Sirro to Lock.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Fri 24 May, 2013 4:09 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Also maybe Anasta will move to Half & Sirro to Lock.
Most of us are hoping for that too.. Unless Sirro has a blinder in the halves before the change is made (if its made)

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 24 May, 2013 7:09 pm

Also, keeping anasta away from the halves gives more consistency to the team if they change to brooks. Imagine the uproar if they went sirro, then anasta for 1/2 games THEN brooks....no halves cohesion which has been a big problem in the last 2 years. Although, this year a lack of finishers hasn't helped either.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 25 May, 2013 11:33 am

regardless of where anasta was playing last night he was rubbish. Errors, penalties etc.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.