Marshall - Not Surprised

ImageImageImage
User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Re: Marshall - Not Surprised

Post by stryker » Tue 28 May, 2013 10:29 pm

I agree Big Sirro, Benji has been called all matter of things on this forum this year ranging from useless, to pathetic...from lazy to a thief...from a primadonna to a sook....and even worse from some.

I would respect their opinions if they realised what he is as a player and what his function is within this side. A lot of the whinning arse bandits on here dont though, yet are lining up to crap all over the bloke.

What I saw on Friday was a typical Benji game. Rocks and Diamonds until the end of the game when we required him to create something and get us the win....which is exactly what he did. It has not been happening much this year granted, but he is forming combinations with our young outside backs which is starting to work....he is only a couple of games off carving up again and recieving praise off the bandwagonners who will have moved onto someone else by then.


shane2801
Member
Member
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by shane2801 » Wed 29 May, 2013 4:17 pm

You just said it there Stryker. Rocks and diamonds. Why in the hell would we want to keep someone at the club on the $$$ he will command? Over the past 2 years I can't remember many diamond filled games. If you are happy with rocks and diamonds then good luck to you because I'm not and will not accept it. It's rubbish.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29234
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 29 May, 2013 5:45 pm

Only a couple more games off???

The comps half over by then...

jesus

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Wed 29 May, 2013 6:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:Only a couple more games off???

The comps half over by then...

jesus
Well he needs to finish forming combos with what is essentially a new backline...may even take longer. You havent got aspirations for finals footy this year do you? Pretty sure you dont.

snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Post by snowleopard » Wed 29 May, 2013 6:28 pm

For what it is worth..I watched the replay of Friday night again and whilst I have been a big critic of BM in the past I must say I saw some very positive signs.

1. BM and RF seemed to be communicating again and scheming/working together for the good of the team and that is a very good thing
2. BM wasn't the total focus of our attack and was prepared to sit back and support RF & CS and it payed dividends for us ..just look at the try JB scored from the RF kick and see where the defence was watching and heading
3. If EP had held that ball from BM it was a try for sure and BM would get the most credit for setting it up
4. BM produced the play of the game and it won us the game
5. BM chased hard all night on kicks and breaks
6. And for me the most important ..for the first time in his history at WT he made genuine attempts to tackle and support his team mates in defence

The thing I think we need to take into consideration with BM is TS tried unsuccessfully to change him to a structured player who would run the team around the park and put absolutely no responsibility or accountability on him for defence. MP is trying to get him to play a totally different game that has him to be less involved in the normal run of play so he can focus on his game breaker capabilities when it counts most, but, at the same time not let him off the hook for not tackling one on one, chasing or supporting the other team member in defence.

The sceptics will say that he is just doing this to get bigger $$$. IMO losing the NZ captaincy, potentially losing his spot in the NZ run on team, being benched by MP and being constantly criticised in the media for his performances has made him realise that if he doesn't change he will lose the lot. In my experience in life and business the greatest motivator for change in people is the 'fear of loss" and BM seems to be reacting exactly as I would hope he does for his own good and that of the WT.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Wed 29 May, 2013 9:10 pm

snowleopard wrote:For what it is worth..I watched the replay of Friday night again and whilst I have been a big critic of BM in the past I must say I saw some very positive signs.

1. BM and RF seemed to be communicating again and scheming/working together for the good of the team and that is a very good thing
2. BM wasn't the total focus of our attack and was prepared to sit back and support RF & CS and it payed dividends for us ..just look at the try JB scored from the RF kick and see where the defence was watching and heading
3. If EP had held that ball from BM it was a try for sure and BM would get the most credit for setting it up
4. BM produced the play of the game and it won us the game
5. BM chased hard all night on kicks and breaks
6. And for me the most important ..for the first time in his history at WT he made genuine attempts to tackle and support his team mates in defence

The thing I think we need to take into consideration with BM is TS tried unsuccessfully to change him to a structured player who would run the team around the park and put absolutely no responsibility or accountability on him for defence. MP is trying to get him to play a totally different game that has him to be less involved in the normal run of play so he can focus on his game breaker capabilities when it counts most, but, at the same time not let him off the hook for not tackling one on one, chasing or supporting the other team member in defence.

The sceptics will say that he is just doing this to get bigger $$$. IMO losing the NZ captaincy, potentially losing his spot in the NZ run on team, being benched by MP and being constantly criticised in the media for his performances has made him realise that if he doesn't change he will lose the lot. In my experience in life and business the greatest motivator for change in people is the 'fear of loss" and BM seems to be reacting exactly as I would hope he does for his own good and that of the WT.
Hear, hear...well said mate.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Thu 30 May, 2013 1:03 pm

stryker wrote:
snowleopard wrote:For what it is worth..I watched the replay of Friday night again and whilst I have been a big critic of BM in the past I must say I saw some very positive signs.

1. BM and RF seemed to be communicating again and scheming/working together for the good of the team and that is a very good thing
2. BM wasn't the total focus of our attack and was prepared to sit back and support RF & CS and it payed dividends for us ..just look at the try JB scored from the RF kick and see where the defence was watching and heading
3. If EP had held that ball from BM it was a try for sure and BM would get the most credit for setting it up
4. BM produced the play of the game and it won us the game
5. BM chased hard all night on kicks and breaks
6. And for me the most important ..for the first time in his history at WT he made genuine attempts to tackle and support his team mates in defence

The thing I think we need to take into consideration with BM is TS tried unsuccessfully to change him to a structured player who would run the team around the park and put absolutely no responsibility or accountability on him for defence. MP is trying to get him to play a totally different game that has him to be less involved in the normal run of play so he can focus on his game breaker capabilities when it counts most, but, at the same time not let him off the hook for not tackling one on one, chasing or supporting the other team member in defence.

The sceptics will say that he is just doing this to get bigger $$$. IMO losing the NZ captaincy, potentially losing his spot in the NZ run on team, being benched by MP and being constantly criticised in the media for his performances has made him realise that if he doesn't change he will lose the lot. In my experience in life and business the greatest motivator for change in people is the 'fear of loss" and BM seems to be reacting exactly as I would hope he does for his own good and that of the WT.
Hear, hear...well said mate.
x3
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

shane2801
Member
Member
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed 18 May, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by shane2801 » Thu 30 May, 2013 4:28 pm

Let's end this thread by me saying I hope he proves me wrong. I really do.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Post Reply