Joel Reddy

ImageImageImage
southerntiger

Re: Joel Reddy

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 1:33 pm

Flippedy wrote:Reddy has perfectly filled the gap left by Brown's departure, imo. Before the start of last season we bought Reddy for $? and Blair for $$$? - I know who has been the most value for us in the past 18 months.
Reddy was dreadful last year. Couldnt tackle to save his life.

However, he has been a very handy squad player this year and it is a testament to never giving up on a player.

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:17 pm

Reddy defended three in last night and did a good job. And from memory, he had Lawrence and the winger outside him when he scored.

Don't be surprised if he fills a bench spot in a full strength team to cover back row rotation and injury to backs.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Robz

Post by Robz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 2:20 pm

I'd be very happy if he covers that utility role off the bench in a fully fit 17.

Welcome to the Jungle!

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:01 pm

king sirro wrote:
Milky wrote:
bp tiger wrote:sorry to disagree but reddy is only a steady centre does not break the line at all and has defenvise issues at times.
But last night when moved to the backrow what a great game he had his defence was great and his work rate was also of the highest standard, i think he may have found his true spot.
Mate he was not in the backrow.
Yes he was
he was generally outside Lawrence, but they did alternate a little, he did make some runs that resembled a back rower.
imo close to our best tonight

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:22 pm

Watched the game again...Reddy was NOT outside Lawrence. Reddy played backrow
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:56 pm

king sirro wrote:
Milky wrote:
bp tiger wrote:sorry to disagree but reddy is only a steady centre does not break the line at all and has defenvise issues at times.
But last night when moved to the backrow what a great game he had his defence was great and his work rate was also of the highest standard, i think he may have found his true spot.
Mate he was not in the backrow.
Yes he was
he was generally outside Lawrence, but they did alternate a little, he did make some runs that resembled a back rower.
imo close to our best tonight

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:02 pm

i think he was still playing centre even when lawrence came on. im really liking lawrence on that left edge as a backrower. he can go outside the centre to provide a decoy or he can run the straight line for the fullback to chime in.

reddy was even defending outside of lawrence and the only time lawrence was on the outside of him was when reddy had gone in to make a tackle and was at marker- the tackle he did on mcrone is an example of that. im 100% certain reddy was playing centre.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:26 pm

Gee um getting frustrated. Please Mick Potter come on here to confirm Reddy was moved to backrow. Lawrence parked himself inside Simona while Reddy was 3 and sometimes 4 in. Those who think Lawrence played backrow can u explain why u think that? Reddy clearly moved closer in while Lawrance was one in for 95% of his time on the field.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:32 pm

whenever i saw them, lawerence was always inside of reddy- even when reddy scored the try, i think you can see lawrence trying to wrap around reddy to go on his outside but sirro hits reddy with a nice short ball.

as soon as lawrence came on, i was paying a lot of attention to where he was playing and i was certain he was playing inside reddy.

cbf looking at the replay but when reddy at times rushed in on the playmaker- when he missed lawrence went on his outside or if he got him lawrence again went on his outside if reddy was at marker. i thought that's what backrowers do. to fill the void at centre if the centre is at marker.

happy to be proven wrong though
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:45 pm

Well the debate rages because i too watched closely to see where they were playing lol. Would love to get some confirmation as im positive Reddy played bsckrow and your positive Lawrence did.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:45 pm

http://www.nrl.com/tigers-boosted-ahead ... fault.aspx

A gutsy come from behind win over Canberra has given Wests Tigers a timely confidence boost heading into a testing clash with NRL benchmark Melbourne.

Saturday's 17-12 victory over Canberra at Campbelltown Stadium represented a third win in their past four games.

The result moved the battling injury-hit Tigers two places up the ladder to 13th and it was the lowest score they had conceded in a game this year.

In a season when they have leaked points and struggled to score some of their own, the Tigers showed resilience to come from 12-6 down.

"To win will just boost our confidence as far as being able to pull teams back," Tigers coach Mick Potter told AAP.

Next Saturday's clash with reigning premiers Melbourne at Leichhardt Oval looms as a litmus test for the Tigers.

They led the Storm 12-6 in Melbourne earlier in the season, before the premiers piled on 20 unanswered points in the final quarter.

"We gave them a little bit of a shake for about 60 minutes down there, but the game is 80 minutes and we need to do better," Potter said.

The injury-riddled Tigers suffered yet another casualty in an ill-fated campaign, with hooker Masada Iosefa suffering a broken arm in the first half on Saturday.

On the positive side, centre Chris Lawrence made an encouraging return from a hamstring injury he suffered back in round seven.

"I thought he was solid and it wasn't a day for outside backs too much, but he played his part," Potter said of Lawrence.

"He was solid defensively and I thought carried the ball good and didn't make any blues and it was a night where the game got slippery and untidy and he was solid."

Potter wasn't impressed with the decision to put Lawrence on report for a shoulder charge.

"I thought it was a wrong call," Potter said.

maybe im wrong
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 4:59 pm

Good find
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

bbtigers81

Post by bbtigers81 » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 9:00 am

Watching the game I thought Lawrence came on and went to the back row as he was definitely inside Reddy for a time. As the game went on he was clearly playing left centre. Perhaps you are both right and the force remains balanced.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:56 am

bbtigers81 wrote:Watching the game I thought Lawrence came on and went to the back row as he was definitely inside Reddy for a time. As the game went on he was clearly playing left centre. Perhaps you are both right and the force remains balanced.
I think they were swapping but Lawrence was predominantly left centre I think. Reddy warmed up with the forwards, Lawrence the backs and Reddy made more tackles.

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:43 pm

Having Reddy shift to the left second row position was great.
I think having a quicker (centre type) backrow inside hime helped Lawrence out also.

And lets face it the left backrower has been a definate weakness for us this year. I think Reddy can plug that gap.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 3:46 pm

I love reddy, and am glad to see him getting the plaudits this year

He's been far and away our best centre this year.

His try did look like a back rowers try, all this talk of moving Lawrence to the back row.. may have been looking at the wrong centre...
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 24 Jun, 2013 8:49 pm

rewatched this arvo, they were swapping, with the game played tight it is pretty difficult to tell who was supposed to be where and whether it was planned to swap or they were jumping in to help out

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:57 pm

Reddy moved upfront .. WOW ..
He will be battered and bruised, Storm have some big boys..