Our wingers

ImageImageImage
pattyferg

Our wingers

Post by pattyferg » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:00 pm

Simona could look good at fullback. Even though teddy is solid, just looks a bit awkward in FG

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:00 pm

Bye bye Lotte bye bye Utai.The future is here! Well done boys

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:03 pm

Timmy who ?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:05 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Both been very good. We now have a very good selection of outside backs. I would find room for Tim in the centres and have Koro on his wing.

Nofo is class. A mini tank.
We always had a very good selection of outside backs ,,,,somebody wasn't prepared to use them ,,,,,,,
Perhaps. Not many went on to do much. Nofo was picked at the right time. Simona could have played more earlier in his career but is better for the experience.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:07 pm

willow wrote:I'd shift Simona back to the centres, possibly at the expense of Lawrence, who while solid tonight, has definitely lost pace and footwork. He was effectively a backrower tonight in the way he hit the ball up.
Apart from one missed tackle later in the game, Lawrence was very good defnsively tonight. Shut down Slater and Cronk all game.

Im not covinced he still cant be very good at centre but do want to find room for Koro, Nofo and Simona in one backline.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:10 pm

Our wingers now have made those spots there , I'll have Simona over Korribete sorry guys but Korro has a lot of mistakes in his game (defence and ball handling) , if Korro was fit now you couldn't justify dropping Simona for Korro or even Nofo for that fact.
We have an abundance of kids coming through, happy times !!!
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:11 pm

southerntiger wrote:
willow wrote:I'd shift Simona back to the centres, possibly at the expense of Lawrence, who while solid tonight, has definitely lost pace and footwork. He was effectively a backrower tonight in the way he hit the ball up.
Apart from one missed tackle later in the game, Lawrence was very good defnsively tonight. Shut down Slater and Cronk all game.

Im not covinced he still cant be very good at centre but do want to find room for Koro, Nofo and Simona in one backline.

Lawrence was solid in defence tonight, although Chambers got on the outside of him once and Lawrence had no acceleration to go with him. The way he hit the ball up was more like a backrower, whereas Simona does have the fancy footwork to get on the outside of his opposite. For this reason I'd look to shift Simona to the centres, and I think Rowdy could do the job in the backrow given he hits it up nice and hard, and got through a hell of a lot more work in attack than Thompson did in the backrow.

alex

Post by alex » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:11 pm

Koro needs to come back through reggies. He has a lot of finer details to work on.

Must give a shout out to Chris Lawrence tonight. He looked a lot more sharp tonight, didn't look like he was running in second gear, and made some nice reads in defence.

Wouldn't change this backline at all.

Making me scratch my head why we signed Pat Richards when we the current guys are performing so well and guys like Reddy, Koroibete are not even there.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:12 pm

The more competition there is for Wests Tigers first grade spots the better. It is bringing out the best in our players.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:13 pm

I would also have Simona in the centres at the expense of Lawrence but that won't happen realistically.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:15 pm

I don't think Pat will see much of FG next year.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:18 pm

All these comments are well and good ...before many judgments are made lets see how we go against Souths ,Roosters on a dry night. These 2 wingers have certainly thrown down the gauntlet and I hope they keep in improving, not getting to overboard at the moment.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:19 pm

alex wrote:Koro needs to come back through reggies. He has a lot of finer details to work on.

Must give a shout out to Chris Lawrence tonight. He looked a lot more sharp tonight, didn't look like he was running in second gear, and made some nice reads in defence.

Wouldn't change this backline at all.

Making me scratch my head why we signed Pat Richards when we the current guys are performing so well and guys like Reddy, Koroibete are not even there.
Good point about Richards , he is playing great in England and is popping Goals from everywhere on the field blind folded...
Injuries will always come into play but Simona and Nofo have to be in the side , big headache for Potter

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:22 pm

Snake wrote:All these comments are well and good ...before many judgments are made lets see how we go against Souths ,Roosters on a dry night. These 2 wingers have certainly thrown down the gauntlet and I hope they keep in improving, not getting to overboard at the moment.
dude ,bit harsh they were great in extremely testing conditions tonight

they have made every post a winner so far ,and you can't do anymore than that

Keep up the very good work

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:23 pm

willow wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

Lawrence was solid in defence tonight, although Chambers got on the outside of him once and Lawrence had no acceleration to go with him. The way he hit the ball up was more like a backrower, whereas Simona does have the fancy footwork to get on the outside of his opposite. For this reason I'd look to shift Simona to the centres, and I think Rowdy could do the job in the backrow given he hits it up nice and hard, and got through a hell of a lot more work in attack than Thompson did in the backrow.
Thompson was a disgrace tonight. He looked quite good in the trials but, i hate to say it, has been a complete bludger this season.

jas83

Post by jas83 » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 8:24 pm

Is david nofoaluma in our first grade 25 man squad? If not we might see him being replaced by Tuqiri or Utai due to the second tier salary cap. From memory Simona was in our first grade squad

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:00 am

it's pretty simple

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
2.5 Simona
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
4.5 Naiyavaro
4.75 Reddy
5. Koroibete
5.5 Richards

we will revolutionise the game!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 30 Jun, 2013 9:07 am

we'll have some pretty good depth at the back at least and the experience Simona and Nofo are getting will hold us in good stead for next year