On There Line

ImageImageImage
pHyR3

Re: On There Line

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:39 am

happy tiger wrote:People seem to forget we scored arguably the try of the season in those conditions
That's true, but i bet if we started throwing it around 5 times in a set of 6 we'd screw up quite a lot more. It's all about probability, in a situation we're you've made a massive break you should pass it a bit. When you're 10 out with the ball, maybe not as much. Better to create pressure and wait till they crack under the conditions.

Both clubs made about 12-13 errors that night. a lot more than normal games.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:46 am

pHyR3 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:People seem to forget we scored arguably the try of the season in those conditions
That's true, but i bet if we started throwing it around 5 times in a set of 6 we'd screw up quite a lot more. It's all about probability, in a situation we're you've made a massive break you should pass it a bit. When you're 10 out with the ball, maybe not as much. Better to create pressure and wait till they crack under the conditions.

Both clubs made about 12-13 errors that night. a lot more than normal games.
I want us to harden the hell up and play smart high percentage football every week as well , but I was just mentioning at eye same time we scored a great try

a lot of it comes down to confidence ,when you have high completion rates and few errors when you do try the lower percentage plays seem to come of as long as you don't try and push

I don't know if anyone else felt the same , but as soon as Benji got the ball during this try I thought "he will stuff this up" and then when he offloaded to Robbie "we will score" :roll

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 11:04 am

Certainly didn't feel the same way. I thought the play had broken down until Marshall shrugged off the tackler and then support arrived.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 12:34 pm

Against the storm, we have been systematic, I would like us to do the same. Wait for the opportunity, the rest is grinding the opposition down. Try playing the game in their half. Keep Beau Ryan under control, his frustartion is a matter of time.
Reduce the thinking time of Luke Lewis and Carney, give them an opportunity to make some mistakes that we can take advantage of. I watched the sharks game against the cowboys, the attention given to Carney caused him to make several errors.Our tactics on Carney should be the same.