Fifita

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Pokies

Fifita

Post by Pokies » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

Sheens preferred playing Groat ahead of Fifita. I think it's pretty obvious why he no longer is at our club.
He's going to be one of those players that always has a huge game when playing us.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:48 pm

he played well tonight partly due to his own ability and partly due to the inability of some of our forwards. Put him up against a stronger pack and he wouldn't score tries like you see in the under 10s. Happy to be proven wrong in SOO3 though.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:49 pm

I'll tell you what we'd be going alright with Fifita and Woods packing down with Farah up front...ahh it hurts to think about it.

rozelle rudy

Post by rozelle rudy » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:58 pm

tiger jim wrote:Why keep talking about this guy he is gone kicked our ass tonight . Lets talk about the guys who are not up to first grade i am talking about some of the forwards i feel some of them are not up to it .

such as who? woods, farah, fulton all solid. thompson scored a good try. murdoch-marsila made an impact. the much-maligned blair hangs in there in a cloud of mediocrity, completely overshadowed by the player he replaced, fifita.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 9:59 pm

what happened with his first try?

he found some space but then Farah decided to not tackle him?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:02 pm

Pokies wrote:Sheens preferred playing Groat ahead of Fifita. I think it's pretty obvious why he no longer is at our club.
He's going to be one of those players that always has a huge game when playing us.

With the exception of his line break where he went through untouched and the very last try right on the line we actually handled him better than any club I've seen him come up against this year. 143 metres is low for Andrew over the past 12 weeks. He generally cracks 200.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:03 pm

and that would be counting the 60 metres he ran for the try too ... so his actual hitup metres were remarkably lower than usual

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:07 pm

Unfortunately, Fifita is gone so we have to forget about with it, there is not much use crying over the past errors.
We can only hope that we will not repeat the same error again with our current NYC players :)

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:13 pm

galea#11 wrote:Congrats to th sharks for unlocking his talent . We didn't now we need to get over it . Every club has that player that kicked on at another club for whatever reason
are you being sarcastic or what ?
every man and his dog knew fifita was going to be a top notch player , he used to make 60 metre breaks up the middle leaving players in his wake . fifita was always going to make it in the top grade .stubborn timmy was the only person who has other ideas because the kid from blacktown has attitude issues in his opinion .

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Fri 05 Jul, 2013 10:20 pm

I don't care if its sheens fault .
History says the wests tigers didn't get th best out of him FACT
The sharks have end of story lets move on cos he ain't comin back

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:49 am

Machine!

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 7:18 am

MacDougall wrote:
Pokies wrote:Sheens preferred playing Groat ahead of Fifita. I think it's pretty obvious why he no longer is at our club.

With the exception of his line break where he went through untouched and the very last try right on the line we actually handled him better than any club I've seen him come up against this year. 143 metres is low for Andrew over the past 12 weeks. He generally cracks 200.
True, both of fifita's tries were due to soft defence on our part, although I think sue did ok to bring him down when fifita scored his 2nd try, he shouldn't have been isolated like that. Take away those 2 massive lapses in defence & fifita barely makes 100m, woods easily outplays him. Damn we're frustrating to watch!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:44 pm

galea#11 wrote:I don't care if its sheens fault .
A Humpty/Sheens masterstroke.

Development

Potential

Vision.

His effort in covering, giving Nofo start, catching him and putting him into touch was - dare I say it - an origin play

willow

Post by willow » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 12:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Development

Potential

Vision.

His effort in covering, giving Nofo start, catching him and putting him into touch was - dare I say it - an origin play
You're right on that call Ink. For a big bloke he can motor and like Woods, really does lead by example out there and get through a lot of work.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 1:22 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:every man and his dog knew fifita was going to be a top notch player , he used to make 60 metre breaks up the middle leaving players in his wake . fifita was always going to make it in the top grade .stubborn timmy was the only person who has other ideas because the kid from blacktown has attitude issues in his opinion .
Yep. I think it was pretty clear how good he was.

wests4life987

Post by wests4life987 » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 1:24 pm

just hope he does the same to QLD when close to their line just run as hard as he can at thurston or smith

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 3:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Development

Potential

Vision.

So you are saying that Fifita is faster than Nofo? He came across in cover which is a lot shorter that running him down from behind.

If you watch the replay, you will see that Marshall contributed in no small way to that play. Marshall is walking along minding his own business, (instead of trying to give back up for an inside pass) he watches as Fifita runs past him and instead of running interference for Nofo, which he would be entitled to do, he watches a great covering tackle.

It should also be noted that there were two other sharks between Nofo and the tryline, so there was no certainty that he would have scored.

Citizen Tiger

Post by Citizen Tiger » Sat 06 Jul, 2013 6:22 pm

The myth grows onwards and upwards, now approaching stratospheric heights. When with us Fifita ran sideways, bounced off tacklers with his 'I'm an Alpha male ' routine', sometimes straightened up and more often than not just gave defences a chance to get organised. His minutes were limited and his off field attitude poor. Now the hindsight merchants are in full cry because he's showing some form. We lacked Vision?, our development focus was poor? Blah, blah, blah, what a load of self serving dross. He's in an environment now where he's showing signs of reaching some of his potential? I'm happy for him, life will often provide those twists