Tedesco

ImageImageImage
User avatar
jas83
Member
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:10 pm

Tedesco

Post by jas83 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:37 pm

We need another option at fullback!

James Tedesco is not a first grade fullback. At least not at this stage coming off a knee injury. I'm happy for him to play remaining of this season to try help his development and hopefully see something for the future but we need to look at another option in 2014 as he can't be our number one fullback.


tigertye
Member
Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by tigertye » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:40 pm

You're off your head

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Stripes96
Member
Member
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 08 Mar, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:41 pm

Behind that team tonight, Slater would have looked like a park footballer.

He'll come good behind a solid, consistent team.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Image

Eye Of Da Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Wed 16 Jan, 2013 10:49 pm

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:41 pm

Ordinary not brilliant but not crap

User avatar
Blake93
Member
Member
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri 05 Mar, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Berowra, Sydney

Post by Blake93 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:42 pm

jas83 wrote:We need another option at fullback!

James Tedesco is not a first grade fullback. At least not at this stage coming off a knee injury. I'm happy for him to play remaining of this season to try help his development and hopefully see something for the future but we need to look at another option in 2014 as he can't be our number one fullback.

What did he do tonight that makes you say this? Blame the guy throwing passes behind everyone and at their feet.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:42 pm

His errors were bad luck not lack of ability. He was equal pace with Shaun Johnson who most rate as top 3 in the league for toe. Tedesco is FAST. He goes close to breaking the line a lot. Another off season and another year of growing and I reckon Teddy will dominate in 2014.

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:42 pm

i agree jas.. i'd prefer him playing nsw cup this year coming back first grade next year..

only guy off contract worth going for is locke.

other person could be barba, but i doubt he'd leave the dogs unless going to QLD.

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:43 pm

well can always go back to Tim Moltzen right???

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:43 pm

Big Tedesco fan and believe he is our long term fullback. However im starting to feel he would benefit from a spell back in State Cup. He has done a great job showing incredible toughness, but im looking for more spark in attack from my fullback and he isnt looking dangerous at all.

BUT the problem is this......Tim Simona is the logical choice to replace him allowing Koro to come back in, however Simona was blowing big time in the 2nd half which raises doubts about him being fit enough for the demands of fullback.

Really not sure what should be done here.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:45 pm

tedesco annoys me so much, EVERY time he returns the ball he's about a finger hold away from an 80m try i swear! It's so annoying that he can't get away, they always get a hand on him at the least and stop him. He needs that extra 5inches of lateral movement which should come with more time coming from the ACL.

He looks a lot better than first few games at FB, confident under the high ball and his lateral movement IS returning. Just hope we can witness a nice breakout game this season as that agility comes back.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

wtigers
Member
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat 13 Jul, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:45 pm

Stripes96 wrote:Behind that team tonight, Slater would have looked like a park footballer.

He'll come good behind a solid, consistent team.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I'm not sure about that excuse tbh. Because he was one of the poor players. He's part of what is claimed to be holding him back.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
jas83
Member
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by jas83 » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:45 pm

tigertye wrote:You're off your head

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Great reply! :roll:

Has he ever made a line break? He just gets smashed every time. I would love to be proved wrong but in attack in his 10-12 games in 2013 he has showed very very little.

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:45 pm

Tedesco was NOT our problem tonight. Dumping him solves nothing about tonights performance.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

wtigers
Member
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat 13 Jul, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by wtigers » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:46 pm

LaT wrote:Tedesco was NOT our problem tonight. Dumping him solves nothing about tonights performance.
I reckon he was one of our problems tonight...

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm not convinced on Tedesco either.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

jas83 wrote:
tigertye wrote:You're off your head

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Great reply! :roll:

Has he ever made a line break? He just gets smashed every time. I would love to be proved wrong but in attack in his 10-12 games in 2013 he has showed very very little.
What has this guy done?! Nothing! Had big hopes but he is not showing anything. Nofo to FB and koro to wing.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33004
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

Came up with an error early but otherwise I thought he was fine. A lot of people quick to crucify a 20 year old playing his first real season of FG.

User avatar
mtd
Member
Member
Posts: 2012
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 9:23 am

Post by mtd » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 9:47 pm

king sirro wrote:Big Tedesco fan and believe he is our long term fullback. However im starting to feel he would benefit from a spell back in State Cup. He has done a great job showing incredible toughness, but im looking for more spark in attack from my fullback and he isnt looking dangerous at all.

BUT the problem is this......Tim Simona is the logical choice to replace him allowing Koro to come back in, however Simona was blowing big time in the 2nd half which raises doubts about him being fit enough for the demands of fullback.

Really not sure what should be done here.
both tedesco and simona would develop from such a move - which is a smart longer term decision.

Post Reply