Tedesco

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz

Re: Tedesco

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:12 pm

i'd give him the whole year.

the problem i have atm is that he's not showing much improvement which should come with confidence and time.

god forbid he doesn't get injured/suspended... looking at how somoene like simona or nofo would go at fullback will tell a lot
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:14 pm

why is it with some players people want to make every excuse possible.apart from catching a high ball he has shown sweet fa and he is not up to first grade standard at the moment and every time he runs looks awkward. He should be dropped and simona or nofo should be giving a run.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:33 pm

My main concern with Teddy he dosnt seem to be able to get up in the line and play the second receiver role and these days all the good no1s play that role of a second no6, made famous by the great Hogo.

Anyway other than that I think he is getting better and I think he will kick on in 2014. Very hard to shine at the back in a disjointed team

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:38 pm

Any reason there are two threads running at the same time with this title?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:40 pm

jas83 wrote:
tigertye wrote:You're off your head

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Great reply! :roll:

Has he ever made a line break? He just gets smashed every time. I would love to be proved wrong but in attack in his 10-12 games in 2013 he has showed very very little.
Either 4 or 5 line breaks in his debut v The Sharks mate

He is still tentative and is struggling with the effects of the turf toe

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:41 pm

MagpieBilly78 wrote:
stryker wrote:
MagpieBilly78 wrote:I agree, Tedesco is rubbish. His best attribute is taking bombs, but everything else he does is rubbish. The player I reckon is poo poo is Lawrence. What does he do?? Before he dislocated his hip he was great but since, he,is the worst centre in the comp. We need a clean out badly - starting with Reddy, Lawrence, Buchanan, Tuqiri, Utai, Groat, Bell, Iosefa, Anasta, Fulton, Blair, Pettybourne, Ayshford, and definitely MARSHALL - all you do gooders who are sucking up to Marshall, well you saw what he is worth, peanuts with a capital P
Yeah lets sack 14 players...you moron.
Yeah big mouth, lets sack 14 players. Marshall, Pettybourne, and Ayshford have left already. Reddy, Utai, Tuqiri, Bell, Groat, and Anasta have spent many months on the sidelines, so realistically, only losing a few. Another so called expert that accepts mediocre players, and hides behind a keyboard. That's why we struggle on the park, because we carry poor players, and never give them the fear of dropping or releasing them. I would rather 14 kids, than these 14 overpaid, underperforming nobodys.
Hhaha 'nobody's'? Get a clue Billy. Lets promote 14 kids...3/4 of which arent ready for the week in, week out ferocity of first grade, then when they inevitably cop injuries as their bodies arent ready yet we can start raiding the sgball for backup....some people have no idea at all.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm not sold on teddy yet either ...I haven't seen any of the play people were saying he has .another billy slater was one call ... Not even close ..maybe Nofo can play fullback

seijai

Post by seijai » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:29 pm

2 things that piss me off about Teddy -

(1) Every time he fields a kick, he lies down to catch it. Either looks like knocking on (like tonight) or gets throw like a rag doll.....he is bigger than Hodgson but gets thrown more than him

(2) He NEVER EVER EVER NEVER passes the ball.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:41 pm

supercoach wrote:My main concern with Teddy he dosnt seem to be able to get up in the line and play the second receiver role and these days all the good no1s play that role of a second no6, made famous by the great Hogo.

Anyway other than that I think he is getting better and I think he will kick on in 2014. Very hard to shine at the back in a disjointed team
The second receiver will come with experience IMO. Definitely needs to improve this part of his game.

I also think he will get better, with a full off season and no more injuries he should be over his knee 100% next year.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:44 pm

tigertye wrote:You're off your head

X2
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:47 pm

Agree with all the comment. I too have heard and given big wraps to him as our future No 1, however the gloss is wearing of a litlle. Fisrtly he has to stay on his feet, he's always slipping over. I know he can catch well, but I still get nervous when he's taking a bomb. As someone mentioned, hasn't really added the spark we need in the backline. Maybe 1 - 2 games out of 1st grade could help.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:03 am

I;m very happy with Tedesco- He is safe under the high ball, puts his body on the line.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:22 am

Tedesco is ordinary at the moment. He seems to have stopped sniffing around for an off-load for some reason. Tonight when Farah and marshall tried the old 'outside-inside' move they used to run with Moltzen, Teddy didn't show up and Benji had to pass it inside to Woodsy. Tedesco isn't following the ball around any more.

I guess I'm still on the 'stick with him' side, but I'm not seeing much so far to justify the remarks made on here by some people about his potential.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 2:06 am

Not sold on Teddy. He has a great ability under the high ball, something Moltzen lacked, but he doesn't seem to have the speed/slipperiness Moltzen has to get through the line. It just seems like he gets smashed every time he runs the ball.

I can't see him making breaks out of nothing. Guys like this are needed to win premierships. All the top teams over the past few years have had one. Barba and Slater come to mind when I think of slipping out of tackles; Inglis comes to mind when I think of shoving players of the way.

All the GF teams over the past few years have had an X Factor fullback (mind you, they've been mostly Melbourne and Manly...)

2012 - Slater & Barba
2011 - Stewart & Locke
2010 - Boyd & Mini (sort of like Tedesco is now)
2009 - Slater & Hayne
2008 - Stewart & Slater

The list goes on. Even Hodges was an X Factor at fullback in 06.

Conclusion: To win premierships, you need an X Factor Fullback. I do not see Tedesco fitting into that category.
Last edited by WestsSupporter on Sat 20 Jul, 2013 2:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 2:35 am

Tedesco hasn't shown a lot in attack, but after watching that miserable team performance today, it's fair to say we have much bigger problems than tedesco to worry about.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:36 am

He's positioning could definately do with some work.
That suggestion of Simona to fullback and Tedesco to reserve grade wouldn't be that bad a move. It gives an elusive player some space and a young player who is struggling a bit some respite, rest and an opportunity to work on his game.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 3:42 am

seijai wrote:2 things that piss me off about Teddy -

(1) Every time he fields a kick, he lies down to catch it. Either looks like knocking on (like tonight) or gets throw like a rag doll.....he is bigger than Hodgson but gets thrown more than him

(2) He NEVER EVER EVER NEVER passes the ball.
He doesn't pass because we are running fullback sweeping movements and he us a running fullback. The Blues did the same thing with Dugan who is a running fullback. Just because Hunt did & Bowen, Boyd and Slater do the move really well, every other team copies team. The problem we have is our fullback doesn't have the passing game required.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:49 am

I,m liking Simona at the rear Nofo,Koro now there is a potent speed machine, not that impressed with Tedesco at the moment just leave it at that and see how the rest of the season goes for him.