Tedesco

ImageImageImage
ragedmachine

Re: Tedesco

Post by ragedmachine » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 8:58 am

I've never rated Tedesco. I think he lacks muscle around the hip/legs that's why he keeps fumbling over himself and has no potent acceleration.

I nickname him 'elbows' because he doesn't use his arms and shoulders when he runs - just swings at the elbows

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:06 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:Tedesco is ordinary at the moment. He seems to have stopped sniffing around for an off-load for some reason. Tonight when Farah and marshall tried the old 'outside-inside' move they used to run with Moltzen, Teddy didn't show up and Benji had to pass it inside to Woodsy. Tedesco isn't following the ball around any more.

I guess I'm still on the 'stick with him' side, but I'm not seeing much so far to justify the remarks made on here by some people about his potential.

i Agree, I'm one of those who saw big things in him and now i'm seeing him fade.
Seems to be down after every tackle -in all honesty he is doing a Steve Matai.. FFS get up and go again.

I really thought he would have clicked a few notches higher by now but he is either off not playing injured or falling over when he is on the field. Dont know why but it adds to my frustration of the way we are tracking this season.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:09 am

Golden wrote:well can always go back to Tim Moltzen right???
Please dont !!
He will stand there and watch the ball bounce or catch the ball, pass it to a winger so he doesnt have to run it back.

I rather Teddy, Meany even Reddy but no MOLZ at FB

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:30 am

I think he has been really solid this year. He is great under the high ball, runs the ball back hard. I think many forget he is only 20 , he was coming back from a horrible injury this year and has been injured a few times throughout the year and is still playing with injuries in his first season of the first grade. He is also running off a key play maker who is horribly out of form and forwards who have lost the battle most weeks this year.

He is our best option this year and will only get better next year IMO

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:17 am

Average player who will not improve because he does not have the necessary skills to ever attain the mantle of a good fullback. He stood out in NYC but those days are past tense because he is now playing with the big boys and is being shown up big time every week for the fullback that he is....not. Fed up with the excuses some posters make up for him on here....Only young....playing injured etc. I saw Les Johns take the field when he was on the brink of retirement with bandages from his ankles to his hamstrings and he still killed them. You either have it or you don't....he don't. If we are to ever be a genuine threat to this comp then players must fight for every position....every week, and only find out on the Tuesday as to whether they have a gig for the big game or not. We must be ruthless to attain our goal of another premiership because ladies and gentlemen it is a business and must be run like a business else we will never taste that premiership glory ever again.

krayola

Post by krayola » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:22 am

What exactly do people expect of the guy? He's 20. Coming off a knee reco. In his first year of first grade.

Had his first 'bad' game of the year last night IMO but Sirro and Sue have also had ordinary ones at times this year w no call for them to be dropped.

So some nuffy compared him to Billy Slater and you believed them. And now you're disappointed. That's your fault.

And Nofo, Simona and Koro have been great in their positions, so LET'S MOVE THEM FROM THERE to fullback? Great idea.

The guy is safe as a house under the bomb and runs hard. When he puta on muscle he'll break the line from those runs and this thread will cease to exist.

We lost last night, but all this hate is unnecessary.
One of my sources is Pascoe

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:24 am

quintus wrote:Average player who will not improve because he does not have the necessary skills to ever attain the mantle of a good fullback. He stood out in NYC but those days are past tense because he is now playing with the big boys and is being shown up big time every week for the fullback that he is....not. Fed up with the excuses some posters make up for him on here....Only young....playing injured etc. I saw Les Johns take the field when he was on the brink of retirement with bandages from his ankles to his hamstrings and he still killed them. You either have it or you don't....he don't. If we are to ever be a genuine threat to this comp then players must fight for every position....every week, and only find out on the Tuesday as to whether they have a gig for the big game or not. We must be ruthless to attain our goal of another premiership because ladies and gentlemen it is a business and must be run like a business else we will never taste that premiership glory ever again.
Okay, you obviously don't think an ACL tear at 19 is a big deal. Your opinion. But you talk about competition for spots. Who's this brilliant fullback who will surpass Tedesco in every area of fullback that we have to replace him with?
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

barra

Post by barra » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:26 am

Played his worst NRL game last night. But definitely worth persevering with, in any case we have no other player who is any better at fullback!

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:40 am

stryker wrote:Yeah I agree. He just doesnt threaten the line at all. seems very easy to tackle. I think his positioning needs work as well. He has courage but thats about it I'm afraid.
I really want Tedesco to be our long term fullback option but lets be honest Moltzen looks more dangerous in attack than Tedesco. We need more out of him.

I suppose we should keep him in the top grade and give it some more time because he isn't bad however at some point we are going to need more impact at the back.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:42 am

cktiger wrote:Every week it's more 'give him time'.
The kid has been pushed by too many people before before he was ready.
Our best back three are Simona , Nofu and Koro - three real attacking weapons.
He has been talked up too much hasn't he. I don't want to drop him yet but you have listed the best back 3 that we can put on the park at the moment.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:54 am

Learn to read before you imply what I never said. What's he doing on the park if he is not fully fit? I'm saying that ALL positions within the team should be fought for every week. That should be our goal. In other words no more walk ups. That's one of the reasons that two good backs will be joining us next year as well as another big forward. What brilliant fullback dunce?

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 11:46 am

jas83 wrote:
tigertye wrote:You're off your head

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Great reply! :roll:

Has he ever made a line break? He just gets smashed every time. I would love to be proved wrong but in attack in his 10-12 games in 2013 he has showed very very little.

Agree. Not a first grade fullback at this stage. If you watch the game, he continually dropped the ball, was going one way when he should have gone the other. No line breaks, (again), runs into people instead. Overall a very overrated footballer. With Koro coming back lets see how young Nofo goes there.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 11:53 am

Going into the Manly game definitely a backline of

1. Nofoaluama
2. Koroibete
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford
5. Simona

For me..

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:19 pm

quintus wrote:Learn to read before you imply what I never said. What's he doing on the park if he is not fully fit? I'm saying that ALL positions within the team should be fought for every week. That should be our goal. In other words no more walk ups. That's one of the reasons that two good backs will be joining us next year as well as another big forward. What brilliant fullback dunce?
He's not fully fit, sure. Half our TEAM is not fully fit. You think Farah is 100% after origin? same with woodsy, teddy, buchanan etc. etc. I'm sure they're all carrying injuries. You can't rule em out if they're not fully fit else we'll be playing our ron massey team half the time.

Tedesco is recoverying from an ACL team, and that requires him building strength and most importantly confidence.

And all positions are fought every week except maybe hooker or 5/8. If tedesco put up a 2 or 3 genuinely poor games in a row I would not be surprised to see him dropped but he has barely had that many poor games all season. They have been solid, a couple of hic cups here and there but decent overall. He's 20! nofo, simona, and koro have all also had errors. So has farah.

I don't see any value in replacing a young hardworker putting his body on the line every week, performing decently all while recovering from an ACL tear which will keep getting better and better every week. He looked like he was jsut about to make 2 or 3 line breaks last night. needs a tiny bit more agility and he'll start doing well.

Edit: Also, he is bloody fast. 2nd fastest in the team i reckon behind koro. Did you see that chase on Johnson? didn't make it but still that's phenomonal on probably the 2nd or 3rd fastest guy in the NRL.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:50 pm

Was very surprised by the chase on Johnson. Good speed. Not sure about acceleration

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 1:42 pm

I don't understand the critics of Tedesco and what they're expecting. The kid is 20, playing his first full season of first grade. Has come back from a major injury to his knee. Not to forget, he plays in one of the 4 key position is a football side. I just don't understand what people were expecting? We're you expecting Billy Slater like support play, GI like kick returns???

Think about it. He lost 12 months recovering from an ACL injury. it's been clear that there are still issues surrounding the strength in that knee. That entire leg probably needs a bit more strength. Fair to say that whilst it's fully healed, it's not yet a strength level required of a professional athlete. It may be close, but not close enough yet.

For myself, i see it this way.He is our long term fullback and nothing skill or talent wise leads me to believe otherwise. His issues appear physical but i'm patient with this because of the ACL injury. I say judge him on mid 2014 form. But as some have said, he seemed to chase Johnson without any signs of being hindered. So that's a good sign. I don't think he would've done so well in that scenario 3 months ago.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 1:55 pm

Yep, tigerpete. Speed isn't as big an issue with his ACL tear it seems. More the stepping and turning, which is how he tore it in the first place.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 2:07 pm

some people on have lost their nut. Teddy is 20 will develop into a josh dugan type of player. People on here a way too harsh. It was only last week we were bagging bodene Thompson, but he was solid last night. Sure Teddy made a couple of mistakes but our season is over, these guys need more game time. As far as I am concerned you don't know what you are doing in the NRL until you have at least played 30-40 NRL games. very harsh and unfair to be critical at least he has a real go.