Half time antics

ImageImageImage
Post Reply
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Half time antics

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:19 pm

Must admit I was disappointed in the antics I saw from Benji ,Liam and Woodsy at half time

They were obviously joking around about something

When you then see the flat footed start to the second half by the Tigers and their failure to turn and chase that kick , where was Potter to tell them to stop the junk and focus ( or even Robbie for that matter )

Arguably our most important second half of the season ,and we just weren't switched on , pure and simple

Hope Potter addresses this , was a worrying sign


Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1828
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:24 pm

Another of the bs threads about how a player should behave at half time or after the match. These things are different for different people, some are at their best when they maintain and aggro through half time and never talk to the opposition before and after , others can switch it on and off, others need to be relaxed when no on the field as it helps them focus. It's like the complain about loosing players being all chummy with the opposition after a match -who cares it doesn't change the result and it seems to have worked ok for the blokes who just won. Sorry I think your point is pointless

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:30 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Another of the bs threads about how a player should behave at half time or after the match. These things are different for different people, some are at their best when they maintain and aggro through half time and never talk to the opposition before and after , others can switch it on and off, others need to be relaxed when no on the field as it helps them focus. It's like the complain about loosing players being all chummy with the opposition after a match -who cares it doesn't change the result and it seems to have worked ok for the blokes who just won. Sorry I think your point is pointless
The Tigers weren't focused when they came out and that attitude was very apparent in the dressing room

Coincidence , I think not

We lack professionalism and we prove that more often than not with our on field actions

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:35 pm

Noticed that on the dressing room cameras and wasn't surprised with the lack of urgency/intensity when the 2nd half started. I wouldn't want it in my sheds unless it was just for a few seconds. And not just before you return to the field.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:50 pm

I was busy and didnt see it last nigh, had a look just then on the IQ recording

Happy - seriously

Antics?

There was nothing in this


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 4:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:I was busy and didnt see it last nigh, had a look just then on the IQ recording

Happy - seriously

Antics?

There was nothing in this
Well Ink I never got even close to NRL level but cannot ever remember talking about anything at halftime that didn't involve the game whether we led 30 nil or were behind 30 nil

I will say the same thing , don't think the leaders of our clubs actions and our first two minutes after half time lack of focus were coincidence

Maybe I'm too anal ,maybe not

bob56
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by bob56 » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 5:22 pm

maybe

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 6:05 pm

Thought you meant the p*ss-weak attempt of the ground announcer last night to keep the crowd interested. We have a track record of terrible ground announcers. The guy before him (bloke who looked like a dodgy car salesman) was a goose.

Although no one is worse than the muppet at Penrith. One of many reasons I hate making the trip out there.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5550
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 6:30 pm

Looked like a few of the boys thought the game was won at halftime. The Simona try on the siren was not a good thing for us in hindsight- it made the boys drop intensity for sure.

Foran and Cheery-Evans are always joking about and laughing before, during and after a match and they perform alright so I wouldn't read too much into it.

This season very much mirrors the last couple of months of 2012: a monumental moment occurs within the club off the field and we as a team just fail to respond in the correct fashion and capitulate. We could be in for some hidings over the last 7 weeks IMO.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I was busy and didnt see it last nigh, had a look just then on the IQ recording

Happy - seriously

Antics?

There was nothing in this
Well Ink I never got even close to NRL level but cannot ever remember talking about anything at halftime that didn't involve the game whether we led 30 nil or were behind 30 nil

I will say the same thing , don't think the leaders of our clubs actions and our first two minutes after half time lack of focus were coincidence

Maybe I'm too anal ,maybe not
How do you know fulton wasnt talking about something during the game?

I remember the back end of 05 sheens encouraged, and it was good to see...the players laughing, enjoying themselves running out for kick offs and second halfs

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:44 pm

We saw the result when they came back out in the second half. Poor effort from the senior players. Didn't see the warriors laughing they looked like they ment business so did Elliot.

Would have been best not to have half time.

laufoofan
Member
Member
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon 24 Sep, 2012 9:05 am

Post by laufoofan » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 9:50 pm

The boys never get on with the job. In their mind they have already won the game at half time.These are amateurs. The pros get the job done, the amateurs left it undone.

Potter's job is not finished when we were ahead at half time. We have young heads on young shoulders who have to be reminded every opportunity we have for them to get on with the job.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41161
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I was busy and didnt see it last nigh, had a look just then on the IQ recording

Happy - seriously

Antics?

There was nothing in this
Well Ink I never got even close to NRL level but cannot ever remember talking about anything at halftime that didn't involve the game whether we led 30 nil or were behind 30 nil

I will say the same thing , don't think the leaders of our clubs actions and our first two minutes after half time lack of focus were coincidence

Maybe I'm too anal ,maybe not
How do you know fulton wasnt talking about something during the game?

I remember the back end of 05 sheens encouraged, and it was good to see...the players laughing, enjoying themselves running out for kick offs and second halfs
The quicker this club forgets about what happened in 2005 and Sheens the better to be honest

We should be focusing on 2013 and beyond and Potter plans for the future

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:20 pm

What was wrong with the kids foot race? Haha

Nah different players have different mentalities. Some want to joke around, others like to keep focused. The whole team started well but died. Potter said the flu was around this week and we certainly lacked energy as the game went on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9754
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:25 pm

I didn't see the footage but in general we seem to concede a hell of a lot of tries just after half time.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29571
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 21 Jul, 2013 1:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I was busy and didnt see it last nigh, had a look just then on the IQ recording

Happy - seriously

Antics?

There was nothing in this
Well Ink I never got even close to NRL level but cannot ever remember talking about anything at halftime that didn't involve the game whether we led 30 nil or were behind 30 nil

I will say the same thing , don't think the leaders of our clubs actions and our first two minutes after half time lack of focus were coincidence

Maybe I'm too anal ,maybe not
How do you know fulton wasnt talking about something during the game?

I remember the back end of 05 sheens encouraged, and it was good to see...the players laughing, enjoying themselves running out for kick offs and second halfs
The quicker this club forgets about what happened in 2005 and Sheens the better to be honest

We should be focusing on 2013 and beyond and Potter plans for the future
That would be best for your argument here....but the fact is it blows your theory outta the water.

It was nothing

10 or 15 seconds of something slightly amusing to Liam.

:deadhorse:

Post Reply