Fibros vs Silvertails

ImageImageImage
BIG AL

Re: Fibros vs Silvertails

Post by BIG AL » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 6:55 am

innsaneink wrote:Learnt what footy and tribalism was all about as a 16yo on the hill at Lidcombe, sneaking Tooheys and watching Tommy & Dallas cause havoc against the silvers around 77/78/79...was very easy to buy into all that as a teenage bogan westy
Easy to buy into something that was true. We were treated as second class by the league and Manly absolutely thought they were better than us. Would of been amazing to of been at that trial match in Melbourne in 78.

Funny thing is that with everyone remembering all this we all forget that Wests were actually a very good side through those years not just a bash them side. Masters was a genius at knowing when to let it rip and when to calm things down and play the poor us hand.

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 7:04 am

How good was the O Grady no try, scoring of his own kick but being called off side. Hartley was a goose.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 7:57 am

It's amazing how all the decisions went Manlys way. The O'Grady no try, the 7th tackle try debacle against Parra .... He was the biggest cheat ever. I think he used to train with Manly at one time.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 8:02 am

BIG AL wrote:How good was the O Grady no try, scoring of his own kick but being called off side. Hartley was a goose.
to this day, this still infuriates me, and fuels the fire of my hatred towards Manly and Hartley.

Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 27 Jul, 2013 10:53 pm

BIG AL wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Learnt what footy and tribalism was all about as a 16yo on the hill at Lidcombe, sneaking Tooheys and watching Tommy & Dallas cause havoc against the silvers around 77/78/79...was very easy to buy into all that as a teenage bogan westy
Easy to buy into something that was true. We were treated as second class by the league and Manly absolutely thought they were better than us. Would of been amazing to of been at that trial match in Melbourne in 78.

Funny thing is that with everyone remembering all this we all forget that Wests were actually a very good side through those years not just a bash them side. Masters was a genius at knowing when to let it rip and when to calm things down and play the poor us hand.
Wests were a bloody good side alright. Most teams actually feared playing them in those days - they were very intimidating. Wish our guys could get an aura like that happening now.

Don't know if they were treated as second class by the league though - I think old Roy has a lot to answer for, putting ideas in people's heads :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen