Ava Seumanufagai

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ava Seumanufagai

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:04 pm

Forwards thrive under proper structure. They can time runs, know angles and plan accordingly.

All our forwards did the job off the back off structure and our forwards playing so well allowed for that structure to flourish.

Been an Ava fan for a long time now

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 6:16 pm

Ava for PM.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 8:03 pm

Never saw much of him last year but I really took notice in the grand final where I felt he outplayed Moors. He has really shown improvement this year and is now playing the minutes he deserves. Looking forward to seeing how he goes next year as we have a few forwards on the rise which puts us in good stead.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:32 pm

he has gotten better as the year as gone on.
He has always ran hard but ended on his back too often earlier in the year, now he is finding his belly and getting a good ptb.
We are getting some depth in the pack.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:32 pm

he has gotten better as the year as gone on.
He has always ran hard but ended on his back too often earlier in the year, now he is finding his belly and getting a good ptb.
We are getting some depth in the pack.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:37 pm

I learned today that Maroon on Triple M has the best pronunciation of Seumanufagai out of all the commentators that cover Rugby League.

True Story.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:38 pm

wtigers wrote:
stevetiger wrote:He is good. We need to sign him up to a long term contract. He goes forward consistently.

He is better than Blair already and probably Galloway as well.
Is it just me or is Galloway not playing that well at all ATM? Both Blair and our young guys are impressing me more

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I thought KG went alright, at least he takes the hit up unlike Blair passing the ball to the next bloke.

The thing i like most about Ava is he runs hard. Not scared of whoever he runs into.
Old fashioned front rower!!! I respect that.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 9:41 pm

Bends the line ay!, Big Gal was sent back 10m in the 1st 1/2 after a try when we should have gotten over the A line.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 12:17 am

I'm really glad other people are starting to notice how good he's been going. The more minutes he plays the better he looks.
Still a few things to improve on but what a real diamond in the rough type. Is a must in our top 17 next year.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 2:30 am

He can tighten up his defense a bit more but overall he's developing very nicely.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 3:02 am

southerntiger wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:Anyone who doubts Mick Potters ability to coach need only look at the level of improvement in this guy. I am so impressed with what he has been able to achieve when the team has been under such adversity.

I am excited for next year!
He played well last year. He has developed as you would expect a young prop to develop.

Did Potter steal your mrs? Give the guy a bit of credit FFS.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 4:02 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
southerntiger wrote:
Tigersmurf wrote:Anyone who doubts Mick Potters ability to coach need only look at the level of improvement in this guy. I am so impressed with what he has been able to achieve when the team has been under such adversity.

I am excited for next year!
He played well last year. He has developed as you would expect a young prop to develop.

Did Potter steal your mrs? Give the guy a bit of credit FFS.
I give him credit for picking Ava but Ava has played well from game 1 this year. The guy is and has always been a very decent footballer. To suggest that Potter has developed him in just 12 months is pissing in Potter's pocket.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 7:00 am

stevetiger wrote:
wtigers wrote:Is it just me or is Galloway not playing that well at all ATM? Both Blair and our young guys are impressing me more
Galloway isn't playing that good but for what we need he is still better than Blair. Blair is good but he doesn't have the motor or go forward that we require. Blair is like Payten as a player - a great player as a support player.
Being harsh on Galloway - yesterday he made 140 meters, 20'tackles and didn't miss a tackle, give away a penalty or make a mistake, also almost scored a try and he is only 2 games back from injury which had him out for most for the year.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 5:04 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Being harsh on Galloway - yesterday he made 140 meters, 20'tackles and didn't miss a tackle, give away a penalty or make a mistake, also almost scored a try and he is only 2 games back from injury which had him out for most for the year.
Yes, I don't understand the negative vibe being generated around Galloway. For a guy coming back from a pretty serious injury, I think he is going fantastic. Always bends the line and that is generally early in the tackle count.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 5:28 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
wtigers wrote:Is it just me or is Galloway not playing that well at all ATM? Both Blair and our young guys are impressing me more
Galloway isn't playing that good but for what we need he is still better than Blair. Blair is good but he doesn't have the motor or go forward that we require. Blair is like Payten as a player - a great player as a support player.
He missed a tackle on Creagh that lead to a try.

He gave away a penalty in the next set and was lucky to not be penalised for a late shoulder charge the set after that.

Galloway is good at what he does, but has greater limitations that most of our other props. His mobility, particularly laterally leaves a lot to be desired. I suppose he is generally slow all around, slow leg speed, slow lateral movement, slow play the balls.
He can still make metres and he is usually good for a dirty hit up, but next year we will perhaps see him drop down to our #3 or #4 prop.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 5:55 pm

If Galloway drops down to our 3rd or 4th best Prop the others will be going well.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 6:21 pm

tigerbenji wrote:If Galloway drops down to our 3rd or 4th best Prop the others will be going well.
Yep, i think it will be so next year. It should help Galloway too, allowing him to develop something new that will add to the tea and make him less predictable.

pattyferg

Post by pattyferg » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 6:32 pm

All forwards dominated. It was great to see. No need for the smashing in your face forward now that we have BMM, Ava, brown and tapau on his way and even Keithy adds some much needed size.
Keith is our senior prop, we should build the forwards around him. He will lead the way in tough times and show the kids how to do it. Give him some time to be back at his best. If he plays like he did against the dragons every game i would be happy. If he scored everyone would be saying how good he was.