8-2 Penalty Count?

ImageImageImage
king sirro

Re: 8-2 Penalty Count?

Post by king sirro » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:05 am

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Snake wrote:
king sirro wrote:Same thing every year. The teams at the top of the ladder get a free ride while the teams at the bottom get hammered. Been happening for years.
Bravo some common sense it's not right but it's been like this forever and the Tigers have had the rub over periods when they were on top over the years,it the way it is.
Let me tell you the way it is. When Refs are not busy practicing the christian names of the 400 or so NRL players, or cultivating expressions like 'I'll sit yer down', 'go away' and 'It's on report', they apply the rules in pre determined periods. And yes, they do favour teams, particularly those they've put a little cash on

I think its more self preservation by the refs. If a top team goes down to a bottom team they come under more scrutiny. But if they ref poorly yet the top team wins they get off cos most people think "well the better team won" and a poor performance is forgotten a lot easier.

It will continue to happen until the NRL and media jump on this and bring it to everyones attention. But dont hold your breath
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:15 am

Perrenara couldn't give us a penalty if he tried. And deadset how many cannonball tackles did the Burgess brothers do. Ridiculous amount.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by 851 » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:31 am

tigermaniac wrote:Many of souths tries came off the back of crap penalties. The difference tonight was we got pinned, while souths didn't, for identical situations. And I agree with the other poster, Perenara is not neutral with the whistle. In the end we lost and souths fans will tell us we weren't good enough, don't blame the Ref, but should they be lucky enough to make the GF and lose through bad a call, I can't wait to tell them the same.

This happens every week with Souths,they get away with stuff the other team gets pinged for,I have had enough of this red and green free run,or as I call it a rails run,I hate souths and hope the 42 year drought continues.
Pride of the league and when souths are going good rugby league is going good,these type of statements make me sick,what a crock.
Go hard or go home

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:45 am

Perenara is the same guy who killed Manly against Souths with his terrible, inconsistent reffing.

Every year there is a fairytale team with a rails run. Parra, Dragons even us in 2011 although we blew it

Roosterman

Post by Roosterman » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:49 am

TJL wrote:The game tonight proved to me that the league wants a Souths v Easts GF. It wasn't just the penalties either, if that try that was declared no try by Perenara was called a try we'd be looking at a totally different result. BTW, the penalty count was 9 - 3.
You say the nrl want a easts vs souffs gf..... There going about it a strange way then since we are by far the most penalised team in the comp and receive less then anyone
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 10:56 am

Meh, we gave away our fair share of stupid penalties...

My gears were only grinding when Inglis was twice able to milk penalties for absolutely nothing, I couldnt pick the infringment either time.

It wasnt a whistle happy game which was good, and with a little more discipline and the refs not being all over Inglis' junk, the penalty count would have been pretty even and low both ways.

Souths got piggybacked into field position, but our defence turned brittle, and we leaked some seriously soft tries.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:12 am

I might be one Eyed but gee Souths get a good run from the Refs, I am convinced the League want Souths to win the Grand Final.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 11:23 am

tigerbenji wrote:I might be one Eyed but gee Souths get a good run from the Refs, I am convinced the League want Souths to win the Grand Final.
After the off-field drama which is likely to eventuate over the next weeks the NRL is desperately hoping for a fairy tale end to the season.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 12:57 pm

No surprise we got 'hammered' in the penalties when perenara s*** himself and binned sammy in the 3rd minute which basically gave us 18 points

Tell me the last time a player was binned within the first 5 mins of a game

Henry is a dud

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 1:47 pm

TJL wrote:The game tonight proved to me that the league wants a Souths v Easts GF. It wasn't just the penalties either, if that try that was declared no try by Perenara was called a try we'd be looking at a totally different result. BTW, the penalty count was 9 - 3.
exactly ... its a completly different game at 24-6 on half time. was absolutely filthy with the no try for lote. hopeful for a roosters v anyone but sowfscum grand final :pray:
I dislike sowfs immensely

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 4:34 pm

Yes the Refs get it wrong many times, but we can't forget, watching on TV gives us a top view, the Refs haven't got that luxury, but the one thing that drives me nuts is how they police the ruck area/ slowing the ball player down. It doesn't matter which angle you look at it, you can tell if it's a penalty or not. Clearly last night the Refs stuffed the game for us in this area.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 31 Aug, 2013 4:51 pm

Peaches wrote:Perrenara couldn't give us a penalty if he tried. And deadset how many cannonball tackles did the Burgess brothers do. Ridiculous amount.

You know Peaches, I don't think Perenara did give us a penalty. Pretty sure the measly 3 we got came from Haines' whistle.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 01 Sep, 2013 11:13 am

Flippedy wrote:
Peaches wrote:Perrenara couldn't give us a penalty if he tried. And deadset how many cannonball tackles did the Burgess brothers do. Ridiculous amount.

You know Peaches, I don't think Perenara did give us a penalty. Pretty sure the measly 3 we got came from Haines' whistle.
It was as if each ref had their own defensive line.