To all the people...

mtd

Re: To all the people...

Post by mtd » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:39 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:And there-in lies the problem.
oh i don't understand rugby league. please, tell me more about myself wise one.....
:roll
Well, if you honestly believe bringing in Siro & Halatau etc is going to solve this defense then you obviously have no clue.

Defense = Attitude, simple.[/quote]
the point of your original post was to rub it into everyone who disagreed with you previously about our squad.

i haven't mentioned our defence once. I just said we have 5 guys out who are in our starting 17 which I think is a fair enough opinion to suggest our performance today isn't a benchmark..... to which you decided you suggested i had no idea with your :crazy

you're a muppet mate.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:55 pm

And the Dragons had their #1 attacking weapon in Dugan out, yet they still put 44 points on us...

If you think Siro, Halatau & Simona would have made a difference then it's pretty obvious who the muppet is!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:56 pm

Don't think any of the players out today would have made a significant difference, maybe Galloway but that's about it.

At the end of the day, we can't tackle and our discipline is atrocious. Won't win many games.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:58 pm

Agree hybrid, unless the lads grow some heart in defense it's going to be a very long year, especially for those counting the opposition tries.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 5:58 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Don't think any of the players out today would have made a significant difference, maybe Galloway but that's about it.

At the end of the day, we can't tackle and our discipline is atrocious. Won't win many games.
Yeah I agree I thought we were better than that actually , we are in for a long year even though it's only Round 1
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 7:11 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:And the Dragons had their #1 attacking weapon in Dugan out, yet they still put 44 points on us...

If you think Siro, Halatau & Simona would have made a difference then it's pretty obvious who the muppet is!
it wont be duggan for long not with widdop around
i reckon they will be top 8 and i said this before the season had even started
imo once they relize witt sucks and put williams there they will have a awesome 1,6,7

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 8:16 pm

You believe the attitude is wrong, Zaibatsu - TJL has got us the wooden spoon already and Black, Orange and White has fired Potter after one game.

Sounds like you people have a great attitude to me - Give up and maybe follow the Tigers next year would be the best remedy.

I and most of the Tigers supporters I know are not giving up; we don't expect to win the Premiership, make the eight et al. However we do support the team and are behind the players and the coach and will for a lot longer than one game.
These players are mostly young guys and have much to learn - it takes time. To build combinations in attack and defence etc. is not easy and you can't just do it at training - you need games, games and more games.
If you guys and anyone else thinks you are going to achieve this in one game - you would have to be joking.

I think the Wests Tigers supporters (who have no patience for these guys to learn the art of the NRL) should find another interest for the winter because it is going to be a long season. For those of us who have the patience and the foresight it is going to be an amazing journey with this team and coach. To watch it al come together is going to be sensational.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:55 pm

Dragons surprised me today, solid showing after a slow start. Maybe we made them look good, but they did look good.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 1:22 pm

Russell wrote:You believe the attitude is wrong, Zaibatsu - TJL has got us the wooden spoon already and Black, Orange and White has fired Potter after one game.

Sounds like you people have a great attitude to me - Give up and maybe follow the Tigers next year would be the best remedy.

I and most of the Tigers supporters I know are not giving up; we don't expect to win the Premiership, make the eight et al. However we do support the team and are behind the players and the coach and will for a lot longer than one game.
These players are mostly young guys and have much to learn - it takes time. To build combinations in attack and defence etc. is not easy and you can't just do it at training - you need games, games and more games.
If you guys and anyone else thinks you are going to achieve this in one game - you would have to be joking.

I think the Wests Tigers supporters (who have no patience for these guys to learn the art of the NRL) should find another interest for the winter because it is going to be a long season. For those of us who have the patience and the foresight it is going to be an amazing journey with this team and coach. To watch it al come together is going to be sensational.
I've been following this side since Day 1 and the Balmain Tigers for many fruitless years before that, so I don't need to be told about patience :lol: .

The problem isn't with out juniors, everyone understands they will take a few years to develop, but when players like Anasta, Thompson, Lawrence Paterson etc. defend like they did yesterday it shows poor attitude, which is where our major problem lies.

It's going to be very hard for the young blokes to develop in this side... Look at what happened to Ayshford and Lawrence after being built up as the next superstars of the NRL, both are rubbish today.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 4:42 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:Who gave me crap when I said our squad is ordinary, especially defensively, and anyone who thinks we have aspirations of a finals spot is beyond optimistic, I hope you enjoyed the match today...

Worst attack in the comp tore us to shreds :?
lol
and after todays flogging?

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 4:45 pm

mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:Who gave me crap when I said our squad is ordinary, especially defensively, and anyone who thinks we have aspirations of a finals spot is beyond optimistic, I hope you enjoyed the match today...

lol
And the drag queens beat the warriors over the Dutch - so the form line not sooo bad

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 5:20 pm

mtd wrote:

lol
What about it?

I had the pleasure of being at today's match and although we played very well, the Titans played the worst match of football I think I've ever seen in my 25+ years of watching league, they were absolutely attrocious, so we had every right to pump them.

The things I have said we were missing the whole time is what we fixed - attitude and intensity... Last week we showed no attitude in defense and look what happened...

Do you think the way we played last week is now acceptable because we won this week? :?

If anything, seeing how our boys played today should make you even angrier at the performance they dished out last week.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 5:25 pm

Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:

lol
What about it?

I had the pleasure of being at today's match and although we played very well, the Titans played the worst match of football I think I've ever seen in my 25+ years of watching league, they were absolutely attrocious, so we had every right to pump them.

The things I have said we were missing the whole time is what we fixed - attitude and intensity... Last week we showed no attitude in defense and look what happened...

Do you think the way we played last week is now acceptable because we won this week? :?

If anything, seeing how our boys played today should make you even angrier at the performance they dished out last week.
you wrote us off and said our squad is horrible, that we have no chance at the finals.
eat your humble pie mate.

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 5:28 pm

mtd wrote:
Zaibatsu wrote:
mtd wrote:

lol
What about it?

you wrote us off and said our squad is horrible, that we have no chance at the finals.
eat your humble pie mate.
:roll

So we beat the Titans who played the worst game in their clubs history and now we are making the finals?

Our fans... :lol:

I honestly hope you're right mate, and ill gladly chow down on humble pie if we make the finals, I'd love nothing else than that, but goodluck with that...

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 6:28 pm

last week the dragons were the worst team in the comp - this week its the titans?
we still had to score 40 points.
and 'our fans'? like you're somehow better? ahh im done with you!!

Zaibatsu

Post by Zaibatsu » Sun 16 Mar, 2014 6:33 pm

mtd wrote:last week the dragons were the worst team in the comp - this week its the titans?
we still had to score 40 points.
and 'our fans'? like you're somehow better? ahh im done with you!!
The Titans performance today was terrible, they made 6 errors on the first tackle which sums it up haha...

Not saying we didn't play well, we played great, we put our bodies on the line and showed great attitude in defense, which I'm sure is all any of us ever asked of them...

You can't come in here and call me out for bagging them last week though, they deserved the crap they copped from their supporters last week, it wasn't acceptable.

And what are you on about, when have I said I'm better than any other Tigers fan? lol :shock: ... I'm just pointing out that our fans tend to get carried away easily, win one game and everything leading up to that seems to be forgotten, one player has a good game and they will win the next 12 Dally M's in a row etc... :lol:

I'm a Tigers fan and a realist, doesn't make me any less of a Tigers fan, I've been a member of this club since day one and a supporter of Balmain since I was 4yrs old, so don't go thinking I want anything less than the absolute best for our club.

You're done with me? I don't even know who you are, so ok then? :?

Have a snickers champ.

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 4:37 pm

Likewise with the game against the Rabbits, we played well and they played poorly. But did we play well because they gave us so much ball, or did they play poorly because we didn't give them a chance to play well?

I'd like to think it is the latter, but 3 rounds does not make a season.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 26 Mar, 2014 5:33 pm

just reading through this thread and if i can make just one point (because i dont believe the squad is bad. okay, so thats 2 points...) i have to say that the crux of what zaibatsu was saying all along was the ATTITUDE of the defence, which has been the single biggest factor in the turnaround.

so fair dues for that.