Wests Tigers Round 3 Team

clontarfkid

Re: Wests Tigers Round 3 Team

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:05 pm

Starting backrow is ridiculously small against the biggest pack in the comp.
Real good chance game will be over by half time.
We got a little lucky against a lethargic Souths outfit last year ,but when they went into top gear they just steamrolled over our pack...

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:08 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Tigersman wrote:Patto was great last week, I would swap him with Ava. Ava got Injured against the Titans anyway didn't he why not let him rest instead of making the Injury worse.
We'll need his size against the rabbits.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Hmm...Your right... How do we get Patto in?!?!
Tigersman since 2013!

Post by Guest » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:21 pm

sheer64 wrote:I think Fulton will not Play and Patterson will start
Based in what facts?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:24 pm

clontarfkid wrote:Starting backrow is ridiculously small against the biggest pack in the comp.
We got a little lucky against a lethargic Souths outfit last year ,but when they went into top gear they just steamrolled over our pack...
Maybe potters thinking is that since we can't match their sides we might be able to run around them on the left with faster outside backs and Liam.

However I agree with most here, Patterson doesn't deserve to be dropped.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:33 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
clontarfkid wrote:Starting backrow is ridiculously small against the biggest pack in the comp.
Maybe potters thinking is that since we can't match their sides we might be able to run around them on the left with faster outside backs and Liam.

However I agree with most here, Patterson doesn't deserve to be dropped.

When is the last time Fulton ran around anyone?

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:44 pm

Fultons main skill is a clean up defender. His involvement in attack is largely ineffective (no impact and SLOW) and he tends to bog things down. He should be on the bench at best not starting.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:45 pm

Fulton will be value as he didn't play last week and will have a full tank unlike those around him who might fade.

I want him in the side, but the size of the starting back three is worrying.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:48 pm

I think Fulton if he plays will be a good addition. He's different to most our other forwards which adds versatility and just a different style which can unlock defenses. Outside Blair, Fulton and Anasta, not too many others pressure kickers so that will be handy to have against Reynolds.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 6:54 pm

Any backrow is small compared to the burgess bros. Might as well go for mobility then.
Keithy, Woods, Tapau, Gavet are enough size IMO.

Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 7:03 pm

I thought Ava or Sue might have missed out but its much of a muchness.

Galloway, Woods, Taupau, Gavet and Ava in heavy rotation. Its hardly reason to panic about lack of size, seriously!

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh ffs, is Potter serious? Dropping one of our best last week, surely hes ahead of Lulia, Blair and Thompson. Hes got to be kidding, has Blair even played one game of NSW Cup since coming here? I know Sandow who is on the same money at Parra has played a full season

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:16 pm

Peaches wrote:I think Fulton if he plays will be a good addition. He's different to most our other forwards which adds versatility and just a different style which can unlock defenses. Outside Blair, Fulton and Anasta, not too many others pressure kickers so that will be handy to have against Reynolds.

I agree, Liam will do a very good job at trying to shut down Adam Reynolds.
also I believe that Luke Brooks will have a lot of traffic directed towards him in defense, and Liam will help reduce this
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:17 pm

Milky wrote:Oh ffs, is Potter serious? Dropping one of our best last week, surely hes ahead of Lulia, Blair and Thompson. Hes got to be kidding, has Blair even played one game of NSW Cup since coming here? I know Sandow who is on the same money at Parra has played a full season
so you critcise potter for dropping one of our best last week and then say he should drop blair who ran 161m and put up 20 somethign tackles too...cool.

paterson ran 85m which wasn't bad, but considering round 1 as well him and gavet would be the first two i'd consider to drop for fulton
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Milky

Post by Milky » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:23 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Milky wrote:Oh ffs, is Potter serious? Dropping one of our best last week, surely hes ahead of Lulia, Blair and Thompson. Hes got to be kidding, has Blair even played one game of NSW Cup since coming here? I know Sandow who is on the same money at Parra has played a full season
so you critcise potter for dropping one of our best last week and then say he should drop blair who ran 161m and put up 20 somethign tackles too...cool.

paterson ran 85m which wasn't bad, but considering round 1 as well him and gavet would be the first two i'd consider to drop for fulton
Mate Blair ran 115m last week and I would chop my left nut off if he does it again this week.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:28 pm

nrl.com says 161m,

either way, he ran well in the heat
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

willow

Post by willow » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 8:58 pm

king sirro wrote:If Patterson gets dropped its a disgrace
Agree. Fulton should be 18th man for this IMO. Paterson went well last week and doesn't deserve this.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 9:11 pm

Milky wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:

Mate Blair ran 115m last week and I would chop my left nut off if he does it again this week.
Well if it has dropped yet , many on the Forum might hold you to that statement

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 18 Mar, 2014 9:44 pm

willow wrote:
king sirro wrote:If Patterson gets dropped its a disgrace
Agree. Fulton should be 18th man for this IMO. Paterson went well last week and doesn't deserve this.
I agree Paterson doesn't deserve to get dropped, but we seem to go through this every year; people undervalue Fulton because he is not a giant - then he comes out and carries the bulk of the defensive load week in and week out - and folks finally acknowledge what he brings to the team - before promptly forgetting it. And in relation to an earlier post - he is not slow!