10 Reasons We Will Win

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

10 Reasons We Will Win

Post by MacDougall » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:21 pm

1. Souths will have looked to this game since the preseason as their first gimme. After coming up against two top teams in Round 1 and 2, there will be a thought amongst their players that this will be easy. No amount of telling them otherwise will change that belief.

2. The effort we went through on Sunday is overstated. Yes it was hot but we belted the Titans so bad we barely did any work in defense. They won't be as sapped as it would appear. We made half as many tackles as usual. Preparation won't be a huge issue because ...

3. Contrary to one, the Tigers would have looked at this one during the preseason as their benchmarking. This is the game they'd have been preparing for. There would have been gameplanning done in the off season for specifically dealing with Souths because ...

4. Souths have won 5 on the trot against us and it would sting.

5. We actually have not been this strong on paper since 2011. 2012 and 13 were completely written off due to injuries and poor team selections. The last time we had a team this strong we were premiership favourites.

6. We have the superior backs and the strongest forward pack we've ran out that I can literally ever remember. It's been rare to see Woods and Galloway on the park at the same time and when you add our bench impact we actually have more balance for the eighty than they do across the park.

7. Tuqiri and Reddy. We can exploit their lack of pace and agility and with Brooks short kicking game it should be easy.

8. McQueen and Walker are injured and need to pass a fitness test before being cleared to play. Rumour that Inglis has an injured ankle too according to Milky lol. Sutton in the forwards has looked totally unfit.

9. Last time we played them we put 18 on them before they could blink. We lost that one but I just watched the replay and Tedesco looks about ten yards quicker and he was the main destroyer during that period last time. God only knows what he'll do to them this time in the form that he's in.

10. I can feel it in my waters.

Wests Tigers 32
Souths 16


User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't have the feeling but then again when I don't have the feeling we normally get up.
But who can argue with MacDougall after his tip last year.
Wests Tigers 32 Souths 16 $100 on that OK got it.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:33 pm

$100 on that scoreline should net you a cool $150,000 I reckon lol.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22676
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:35 pm

No way would they have circled any game on their calender as a gimme. There are no gimme games in this comp.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:48 pm

I'm not suggesting that the team got together, talked amongst themselves and drew a red circle around March 21st on a calendar. I'm saying that when looking at the draw and seeing that they're playing Roosters/Manly straight up individually they would have all gone "oh thankfully we get the wooden spoon favourites in round 3 to take the pressure off" and I do believe they would all have thought that despite knowing those feelings are to their detriment.

There's a reason Maguire has come out vocally pumping up the Tigers and complimenting Tedesco and the like. He knows he needs his players to not look past us ... but it won't work. Souths, and most especially their forward pack will come out and go through the motions expecting it to be enough (just like they did for the first 20 last time) and get a very rude surprise when the Tigers start running at them kamikaze style and don't stop all game.


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41196
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:56 pm

Irvine wrote:I don't have the feeling but then again when I don't have the feeling we normally get up.
But who can argue with MacDougall after his tip last year.
Wests Tigers 32 Souths 16 $100 on that OK got it.
x 2

If you pick this scoreline , you are a God pure and simple :master:

User avatar
turnstyle
Member
Member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:44 am

MacDougall wrote:1. Souths will have looked to this game since the preseason as their first gimme. After coming up against two top teams in Round 1 and 2, there will be a thought amongst their players that this will be easy. No amount of telling them otherwise will change that belief.

2. The effort we went through on Sunday is overstated. Yes it was hot but we belted the Titans so bad we barely did any work in defense. They won't be as sapped as it would appear. We made half as many tackles as usual. Preparation won't be a huge issue because ...

3. Contrary to one, the Tigers would have looked at this one during the preseason as their benchmarking. This is the game they'd have been preparing for. There would have been gameplanning done in the off season for specifically dealing with Souths because ...

4. Souths have won 5 on the trot against us and it would sting.

5. We actually have not been this strong on paper since 2011. 2012 and 13 were completely written off due to injuries and poor team selections. The last time we had a team this strong we were premiership favourites.

6. We have the superior backs and the strongest forward pack we've ran out that I can literally ever remember. It's been rare to see Woods and Galloway on the park at the same time and when you add our bench impact we actually have more balance for the eighty than they do across the park.

7. Tuqiri and Reddy. We can exploit their lack of pace and agility and with Brooks short kicking game it should be easy.

8. McQueen and Walker are injured and need to pass a fitness test before being cleared to play. Rumour that Inglis has an injured ankle too according to Milky lol. Sutton in the forwards has looked totally unfit.

9. Last time we played them we put 18 on them before they could blink. We lost that one but I just watched the replay and Tedesco looks about ten yards quicker and he was the main destroyer during that period last time. God only knows what he'll do to them this time in the form that he's in.

10. I can feel it in my waters.

Wests Tigers 32
Souths 16
great post macdougall - a good read.

there are certainly now very positive signs for the tigers, and i for one am very happy with the attitude and commitment they showed against the titans.

it will be a tough task for them against the bunnies, but if they play by swinging the ball wide and giving the backs good ball then hopefully the game will go their way and they will do well.

tbh, i dont expect them to win, but do want them to maintain the level they had on sunday. at this stage i think it is more about the war than the battles, and i just want to see things like brooks really coming into his own, teddy getting into space, forwards continuing to run at them like madmen, etc.
Image

User avatar
turnstyle
Member
Member
Posts: 2078
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:30 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:45 am

MacDougall wrote:I'm not suggesting that the team got together, talked amongst themselves and drew a red circle around March 21st on a calendar. I'm saying that when looking at the draw and seeing that they're playing Roosters/Manly straight up individually they would have all gone "oh thankfully we get the wooden spoon favourites in round 3 to take the pressure off" and I do believe they would all have thought that despite knowing those feelings are to their detriment.

There's a reason Maguire has come out vocally pumping up the Tigers and complimenting Tedesco and the like. He knows he needs his players to not look past us ... but it won't work. Souths, and most especially their forward pack will come out and go through the motions expecting it to be enough (just like they did for the first 20 last time) and get a very rude surprise when the Tigers start running at them kamikaze style and don't stop all game.
i completely understand. there is no way a (souths) player is going to be as hyped about a game against the tigers as he would be for the roosters, etc.
Image

Tigrr
Member
Member
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by Tigrr » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:00 am

Souths have incredible defence that will be the hardest obstacle,

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:07 am

Their flanks are their weakest links. We really need to exploit that. GI should never bring back a kick return - get it behind Lote and Merritt.

We should also review footage of our first try last week for Richards (and the week before too). Merritt has a habit of leaving his wing open - should send plenty of traffic his way and Richards will have a field day.

Guest

Post by Guest » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:17 am

alex wrote:Their flanks are their weakest links. We really need to exploit that. GI should never bring back a kick return - get it behind Lote and Merritt.

We should also review footage of our first try last week for Richards (and the week before too). Merritt has a habit of leaving his wing open - should send plenty of traffic his way and Richards will have a field day.



They also review our footage lets change it up a bit and really confuse them. Then we try it.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:42 am

Well maybe another $100 on Richards 1st try scorer then !

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 11:55 am

i dont have the same feeling of us winning this week, didnt have it round 1 and had it a little for round 2 (heat made me very nervous though).

hopefully im wrong though, id love to wipe that smug smirk of souths supporters when i mention we're playing them this week....
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

User avatar
Winnipeg
Member
Member
Posts: 1152
Joined: Fri 15 Jan, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Winnipeg » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:18 pm

Because
1. I
2. Really
3. Really
4. Really
5. Really
6. Really
7. Really
8. Really
9. Hate
10. Souths

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8008
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:34 pm

We need to be more disciplined. Don't give away penalties because I don't trust our goal line defense. They get a full set in our 20 they will score. 7/10 times IMO.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2333
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 1:46 pm

Great post, you've almost got me convinced!

I do see a minus point though, that is the Souths pack will be hurting about the loss last week and will be pumped to stick it to the Tigers pack.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5982
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 3:47 pm

I hate expectations...

Now Im slightly positive and that is a bad sign.

Souths arent invincible

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Thu 20 Mar, 2014 4:15 pm

tig_prmz wrote:We need to be more disciplined. Don't give away penalties because I don't trust our goal line defense. They get a full set in our 20 they will score. 7/10 times IMO.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

9/10 times IMO
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Post Reply