Lawrence

Eddie

Lawrence

Post by Eddie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:34 pm

What did people make of his game today??

He made some gutsy charges forward with the ball.

In defence he still looked very suspect to either a poor read when shooting out of the line. Also looked slow to react to any lateral movement from the opposition.

I was at the game so hard to assess in full, but he still is not convincing, maybe a bit better then previous rounds.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:35 pm

He made a very, very good tackle on hopoate late in the game when it looked like Will had beat him on the inside. I doubt we'll ever see him back to his 09-11 form but I thought he was ok today

Justo

Post by Justo » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:50 pm

He's more of a defensive player than an attacking centre these days. Long gone are those hole running brilliance he use to have in his arsenal. the speed is just not there. shame.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:55 pm

fergiefurr wrote:He made a very, very good tackle on hopoate late in the game when it looked like Will had beat him on the inside. I doubt we'll ever see him back to his 09-11 form but I thought he was ok today
Agree. Got through a lot of dirty work today although his top end pace, or what we used to is gone. Solid game today though.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:56 pm

His reads may be bad in D but when he tackles he nails his man most of the time.
Real aggression the way he lands them on their backs.

The ball can always be shifted to a quicker team mate if there is a LB.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 8:57 pm

Got beaten a couple of times in the first half but came back strongly in the second.

As usual carted the ball up well.

Thought he looked sharp near their line but just lacked room to put Richards into space.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:07 pm

He seemed to get beaten back on the inside alot, but was able to just make the effort to get there to drag them down, alot of half breaks made down his edge.

tottie

Post by tottie » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:19 pm

Hes only lifeline is backrow. Being tighter will cover his agility issues and he runs hard enough to warrant it. Such a shame for him but the injury was massive and it has stolen his zip. In saying that not much pushing for his spot!!

tigger2010

Post by tigger2010 » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry if this sounds harsh,i was at the game,it was a awesome gutsy win,but lawrence i thought was woeful,looks lost in defence and offers little in attack....i think Patty isnt the best defender either but can recover from bad reads and his never say die attitude helps his game a lot,however i think he hasnt been tested too much yet,i think teams are salivating at the thought of attacking richards and lawrences side of the field knowing that majority of the time they will not be contained...Richards needs a better defender inside him to help prevent this.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:24 pm

I thought he was good today, really solid in defense, and kept Hoppa quiet. Can't ask for much more.

derailed

Post by derailed » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:27 pm

He thought he was good. Ran the ball hard and defended okay. Seems to be finding some form

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:28 pm

Justo wrote:He's more of a defensive player than an attacking centre these days. Long gone are those hole running brilliance he use to have in his arsenal. the speed is just not there. shame.
I dont see it that way.

Im critical of the halves, Brooks and Anasa, they are laying on nothing for our centres, Simona had a very quiet game also.

The only attack Simona and Lawrence could muster was work they went looking for.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:31 pm

He is improving slowly, Last week seemed better.

I hope he keeps battling on

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 9:56 pm

I can see why you ask the question Eddie. He did OK today as he has in recent weeks. There was some defensive fragility there but he seemed to recover most situations quite well. His hit ups were taken with gusto, but in free play he doesnt look like getting away and it seems that the injury has robbed him of that yard of pace that used to make the difference.

Holding his own this year as a first grade centre but definitely not at the level we would have expected pre-injury.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm

Not the player he used to be for sure, but he is doing his job out there.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm

It really seemed as though they were targetting his side of the park tonight... I dont know if he is the weakness they seek to expose, or maybe its the combo of him and Brooks I dont know, but what is blatantly obvious is that teams will be looking for a chink in our armour rather than trying to out play us over the park, and that side is suspect.

Richards is sharp shooting conversions and brooks is the 7, if we cannot find a way to sort that side out he will and should be in the firing line. He has been on the improve granted, but we cannot allow that side to be as porous if we want to be honest contenders.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:09 pm

I think nearly all of the tries scored against the Tigers are on the edges, it's the Big problem going forward !

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:14 pm

Tigrr wrote:I think nearly all of the tries scored against the Tigers are on the edges, it's the Big problem going forward !
Most tries in the NRL are scored in the edges. We are no different. Defending in tight is more work but is generally a lost easier.