Demonborger wrote:That wasn't a dive...
It wasn't a dive !
It was falling with style !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:51 pm

Watching at the game on the replay screen and you just knew the try would be disallowed .... Particularly when Stephen Clarke is the video ref .... He even hated awarding tries when he was on the field.

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 8:12 am

After watching it a few more times I'm certain Brookes didn't take a dive. He's watching the ball, as he should. As the ball goes to Norman he turns his head and BAM! He had no time to even think about taking a dive. He was blind sided. The call was correct. It was no try.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 11:00 am

Poor loser, time for them to move on, if they want to improve. They had plenty of opportunity to win games but killed off most of heir opportunities.They should be looking at themselves instead of blaming others for the game that got away. They won't be another chance for them this year.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:38 pm

Hear The Roar wrote:"Best part is, not only do I think I am correct, but the video refs agree."

Except for the ref on the field ... and every commentator on TV ;)

Take your 2 points, but don't tell me he didn't dive, even he wasn't sure!
He didn't dive.

How about the actual quote, so you can stop being a muppet.
Brooks denied any suggestion he had dived. ‘‘I don’t think so,’’ Brooks said. ‘‘He ran into me. I couldn’t do anything else.’’
As you were happy to provide real life examples earlier:
Does Hear the Roar know what he's talking about? "I don't think so."
Are their aliens on planet Mars? "I don't think so."
Can Parra do anything except sulk and sit below us on the table? "I don't think so"

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:51 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Demonborger wrote:That wasn't a dive...
It wasn't a dive !
It was falling with style !

Love ya work.

Of course it was a dive and he got away with it. Wouldn't have been happy with his decision had it been let go. I think it should have been let go, but he used the rules to his advantage. I'd rather the players do their utmost to stay on their feet and back their ability than hope for a decision to go their way. Especially on their own line. But, things worked for him this time.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 7:54 pm

funny how Brad Arthur forgot that they scored a try off what looked like a blatant forward pass by Hayne and he also forgot that we should have got a penalty in front of the posts when Anasta got taken out- that would of guaranteed we had a 6 point lead towards the end of the game. He was a shattered coach who realised his much-hyped winning streak was brought to halt by a Tigers team missing 5 or 6 of our top 17 players. Can't blame Arthur for soiling himself over a ciffy decision- after all he learnt his trade from the biggest whinging peanut in the NRL.....onya Tooves!

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 8:16 pm

To be fair it was a parra try.......until dave woods ran through and clipped brooksy's leg which stopped him covering even though he probably would not stopped the try.

The point is if your going to run through the line make sure you donot take anyone out otherwise the chances are the try will not be awarded.

Brooks had every right to fall down ( on the video it looks like wood's knee makes full on contact with brook's right leg )....it was a tough call....but the right call.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 8:49 pm

agree, shouldnt have touched him and no problems. As soon as he made contact, then the lead runner has obstructed the defender. In this case contact caused defender to fall, thus giving him no chance to make tackle. Call is 100% correct.

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 10:53 pm

larrycorowa wrote:agree, shouldnt have touched him and no problems. As soon as he made contact, then the lead runner has obstructed the defender. In this case contact caused defender to fall, thus giving him no chance to make tackle. Call is 100% correct.
This! Well said

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Wed 23 Apr, 2014 10:53 pm

larrycorowa wrote:agree, shouldnt have touched him and no problems. As soon as he made contact, then the lead runner has obstructed the defender. In this case contact caused defender to fall, thus giving him no chance to make tackle. Call is 100% correct.
This! Well said

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Thu 24 Apr, 2014 9:22 am

I cannot understand if the rules are there, it should be observed, there is no two ways about that.