Must win game

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Must win game

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:24 pm

fifita out - maybe like tigersrule4life wrote - Graham out -
The naming & shaming of 4 players to come out -
bottom of the ladder

i mean its a no brainer

this is a must win game
no excuses to lose this
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"


alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:26 pm

okay

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:27 pm

Must win for the Sharks as well AHX

They lose this and 2014 is gone I'd reckon

I know I say this a bit , but its a danger game

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:32 pm

in fact - isn't every game a must win game Happy. I'm sorry but they are at the bottom for a reason. The 2 points are a gift to be taken. Now from a Cronulla pov - our troops are coming back - will they be up for it with depleted troops?
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:38 pm

well - put it this way - it is a should win game
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"


User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:45 pm

Tigers need to make a statement right here. Not just win, but win well and bulldoze them up the middle.

They are quietly falling back into the "meh - it's the Tigers, she'll be right" category for opposing teams and supporters.
Image

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 1:56 pm

underdog wrote:Tigers need to make a statement right here. Not just win, but win well and bulldoze them up the middle.

They are quietly falling back into the "meh - it's the Tigers, she'll be right" category for opposing teams and supporters.
Mate that is harsh
No Fulton
No Farah
No Tedesco
No Anasta
No Sue
No Sironen
No Moltzen
No Gavet
No Simona

That is 849 games of NRL experience on the bench

If you take 849 games experience (including 3 playing in the spine ) from teams they will struggle

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:06 pm

Trouble is Happy - they probably fall out of the 8 if they lose this one - and going into origin we will lose players (for once)

We need the win here and a cheeky win against the Broncs out at Cambo next week to cement us there.
Image

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33004
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:13 pm

I agree this is a must win. We need to snap a 2 game losing streak, we've got enough quality players coming back this week to do it and we need to win against a team which is down on confidence and down on quality players like we are.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:37 pm

underdog wrote:Trouble is Happy - they probably fall out of the 8 if they lose this one - and going into origin we will lose players (for once)

We need the win here and a cheeky win against the Broncs out at Cambo next week to cement us there.
I totally agree that is a game we can't drop if we want to figure in the Top 8

But I don't think I've seen a meh attitude bar maybe the Saints game for small periods

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:
underdog wrote:Trouble is Happy - they probably fall out of the 8 if they lose this one - and going into origin we will lose players (for once)

We need the win here and a cheeky win against the Broncs out at Cambo next week to cement us there.
I totally agree that is a game we can't drop if we want to figure in the Top 8

But I don't think I've seen a meh attitude bar maybe the Saints game for small periods
Oh no no, sorry mate, I don't mean the TEAM is going "meh" in terms of attitude - I reckon they are having more of a dig that I have seen in years.

I mean that the other teams and supporter bases are slowly slipping back into the "don't need to show the Tigers respect" category.
Image

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:50 pm

underdog wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
underdog wrote:Trouble is Happy - they probably fall out of the 8 if they lose this one - and going into origin we will lose players (for once)

We need the win here and a cheeky win against the Broncs out at Cambo next week to cement us there.
I totally agree that is a game we can't drop if we want to figure in the Top 8

But I don't think I've seen a meh attitude bar maybe the Saints game for small periods
Oh no no, sorry mate, I don't mean the TEAM is going "meh" in terms of attitude - I reckon they are having more of a dig that I have seen in years.

I mean that the other teams and supporter bases are slowly slipping back into the "don't need to show the Tigers respect" category.
I actually hope teams take a meh attitude to us until we are back at full strength because we will make fools of them and hopefully help our for and against greatly

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:50 pm

Wasn't the club going to review Potters performance after 10 rounds and start thinking whether or not to retain him for next year and beyond ?

If that is the case then this game has a lot of importance in more ways than one.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 2:53 pm

The Broncos have at least one really bad game during the SOO period

Lets hope its before Game 1

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3021
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 13 May, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm with American History, "Isn't every game a must win?" I reckon some of the young heads might be a bit down after the two losses. Hopefully Robbie rekindles the fire and the pack has a big game. But I wouldn't take anything for granted.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29201
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 13 May, 2014 7:01 pm

We dont want three LLLs on the trot...its very important and a should win, wont be easy though...theyre hard at the swamp

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: With the Groovy Ghoulies

Post by westTAHger » Tue 13 May, 2014 7:08 pm

if wests-tigers are going to be any chance of making the top 8, quite simply they need to beat the teams lower placed on the ladder than them.

ask Ink has mentioned, won't be easy though...theyre hard at the swamp.

I do hope that wests-tigers don't expect to score off every set of six tackles.
that they are patient, get field position and build pressure.
most of all stick to the game plan.
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5336
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Tue 13 May, 2014 7:18 pm

Hope ASADA bans Gallen from the game 24 hours before kick off. Hate him.

Post Reply