Taupau

larrycorowa

Taupau

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:21 am

Even though he gave away a few penalties I loved the way he went head to head with Gallen tonight.

Gallen has been the dominant forward in the games for the last 4-5years. They were playing at home in a must-win situation, with plenty of motivation for the win. In years past, we would have capitulated in this situation after those back to back tries in the face of a Gallen onslaught. But there were few easy carries for Gallen tonight with Taupau and company in his face.

Gavet should be back to the bench this week with Ava dropping back to NSW cup to tidy up his game a bit.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 11:45 am

He gave away too many penalties. Really good player but that could have cost us.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 18 May, 2014 12:33 pm

Gallen was being the dirt that he is. Elbows in the face and I think carney even pulled taupau dreadlocks in a tackle.

I was very impressed with taupau in that regard. He didn't try to do the dirty stuff but the dirtier they got- the harder taupau ran. Mick/ kidwell/ Payten are having a great influence on these players. Teams that usually play hard have some dirtiness about them but we play hard and fair. GREAT TO SEE!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 18 May, 2014 12:39 pm

I think we need Ava, James, Jesse & Martin all on the bench.

start Austin at hooker and let Bodene help out

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 18 May, 2014 4:29 pm

smeghead wrote:I think we need Ava, James, Jesse & Martin all on the bench.

start Austin at hooker and let Bodene help out
Kapow will start. Gives Austin space on the bench.

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 18 May, 2014 4:34 pm

Marty was angry and it showed but I loved how he responded by the way he hit it up. Gallon's always going to get the calls run his way.

Looking forward to seeing all of the bruise-bros against the Bronx.

PL

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 4:45 pm

The rougher things get the better he plays , no nonsense forward who gives his all .
My only criticism is he tends to lay a bit to long at times on the oppents ball carrier giving away penalties from time to time , but apart from Woods wouldn't swap him for any other Frontrower in the game.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 18 May, 2014 7:04 pm

Phantomlock wrote: Looking forward to seeing all of the bruise-bros against the Bronx.

PL
x 2!

& if Woods plays origin I hope Marty gets rewarded with a starting spot.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sun 18 May, 2014 7:05 pm

He's a machine! He should start the match. He's been our most damaging forward with his runs. Watching some of the previous rounds, it was annoying to see him come on late in the first half only to be down on the scoreboard already. Place our best starting line up to begin with.