Nofo Slow.

supercoach

Re: Nofo Slow.

Post by supercoach » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 6:41 pm

Nofo is carrying a injury for sure and as Eddie posted his reads in defense have been poor all year but his dirty yards are still very good.

Koro has to come into the mix now Simona looks like he could be out for a while in saying that I would bet big money Potter will go for Lulia. Not a pleasant thought but will happen

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:18 pm

If Nofo is rested from NRL because he is suspected of carrying an injury , maybe second season syndrome is playing some part as well.

Why does this mean that Koro has to replace him? - cannot make the right defensive decisions and lets in nearly as many tries as he scores. Killing them in the lower grades is totally different to NRL.

If Nofo is slow and making wrong decisions why would you put him in the centre?

If we only need pace, no tackling ability and a wrong decision maker - then we could grab a kid from little athletics. It is about as feasible,

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:19 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:Sorry I prefer a slow realible winger like Nofo then Koro, who drops to many bombs and runs out of the line in defence

its like Beau Ryan V Matt Utai Beau was reliable and slow but safe where Utai isn't
Koro is improving in this regard. Scored two tries from cross field bombs last night and is also coming up with try assists too.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:20 pm

Russell wrote:If Nofo is rested from NRL because he is suspected of carrying an injury , maybe second season syndrome is playing some part as well.

Why does this mean that Koro has to replace him? - cannot make the right defensive decisions and lets in nearly as many tries as he scores. Killing them in the lower grades is totally different to NRL.

If Nofo is slow and making wrong decisions why would you put him in the centre?

If we only need pace, no tackling ability and a wrong decision maker - then we could grab a kid from little athletics. It is about as feasible,
Koro is clearly above State Cup level, they can't handle him when he's got the ball. Defensively I think it's much of a muchness between him and Nofo at the moment.

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:37 pm

He is obviously wounded....

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:41 pm

Nofo is struggling
Looked to be in pain for a lot of the game

Simona is more than likely injured.

Koroi needs a shot and needs to make the most of it.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:44 pm

Simona just copped a knock he is good to go.

I would like to see Nofo & Simona switch positions tbh

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 7:46 pm

I really rate Noffa, but he looks well down today, even his normally strong dummy half carries were missing.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:17 pm

Whilst he does look a little hampered by injury, he stuck with Simona when he made the break, who then looked the wrong way.

As far as defence goes, of course teams are getting us down his edge at times. After all, we are employing an 'up and in' defensive pattern, so he must come in. He could always back his way over our line if some prefer that method of defence :roll:

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:20 pm

formerguest wrote:Whilst he does look a little hampered by injury, he stuck with Simona when he made the break, who then looked the wrong way.

As far as defence goes, of course teams are getting us down his edge at times. After all, we are employing an 'up and in' defensive pattern, so he must come in. He could always back his way over our line if some prefer that method of defence :roll:
Nofo should have stayed outside IMO.

Nofo has made a bad decision on the break a few times this year.

I am happy with him but he is a work in progress and feel Koro needs to be given a go. That being said, not sure that Souths should be Koro's comeback to first grade.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:22 pm

Snake wrote:Gets into the clear and looks very slow ..Koro in that position and scores, I feel there is an injury hampering him this is probable the best time for rehab as Koro is in great form.
Assuming Koro has his positioning and timing sorted to have made the break in the first place. I agree that Nofo was looking slow, but I'm not sold on Koro as the solution.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He's strong as an ox though
Yeh his tackle one or two hit ups after opp kicks into our 20 get us off to good starts....gets us on front foot

Was very obvious early today camera side of the field Simona made a break but Nof couldnt keep up

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:26 pm

no it's not the decision of coming in with the centre.. that part is fine.

but at times, the person inside him has it covered and he still goes in to make the tackle quite stupidly.

we always seem short on that side.. simona, noffa and bodene have had most of the season to get their combo sorted but it just doesn't seem to work.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 9:43 pm

Koro is off contract right for next year?? I know people are saying he's going great in NSW state Cup but that is a real lower comp, I like the guys we have it's been so long since we had guys that can catch bombs and cross field kicks, putting up with heart in your mouth stuff from the likes of Fitzhenry and Utai over the years. Nofo and Richards love them both under the high ball

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 9:50 pm

Eddie wrote:People are quick to bag Koro's defence. However it could not be worse then Nofo's reads today. 5 times he must have sprinted out and then went around him. With the ball he was slow, under the high ball suspect. Time for a spell and Koro in. He looks like he needs a month off to get over the injuty he is carrying.
Wow some of that is harsh; he is the safest player in the club under the high ball.

However I agree he is not at his best and a couple of weeks off, with a gun replacement would not be out of order.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:21 pm

that 2nd try knights scored it didn't matter who was at wing. if 8 blokes didn't just stand there and not kick chase and let Boyd run 50 metres untouched there wouldn't have been a 5 man overlap it couldn't be stopped

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:24 pm

Its not second year blues, look at the stats from last season, Nofo had some real bad days in defense and with him at least a yard slower this year he is struggling big time. He has a massive ticker but at present he either needs a break, a month with a sprint coach or some time in reserve grade. On the other hand Koro is the no1 player in Sate cup, okay big difference in class but you have to at least give him a chance

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm

We just signed Nofo for a contract we can't just move him to state cup and Koro is still not signed am I right?

I know if Sheens was coach we would have one of those wingers on the bench for 70 mins