Cut Lawrence!!

larrycorowa

Re: Cut Lawrence!!

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:45 am

He had a bad game....it happens. We have no-one better at the moment.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:52 am

Here we go again, Cut Lawrence, Fulton, Anasta, Ava & Big Keith, All theses Players have contracts. It costs money & i dont want to see us go down this track again, Like Fifita & Gibbs where we payed part of their Contracts for 3 Years.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:59 am

Black'n'White wrote:
Coasttiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
"Coasttiger" wrote:Calm down kids. He is not the only one having a bad one tonight. Just one of those nights.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
it wasnt just one of those nights... I had the knives out for him for a long time, put them away, but am beginning to think the few games that he put together that had me thinking twice, he was playing out of his skin... where I was thinking he had finally found a professional level standard again.

"One of those nights" happens when you have a solid standard game and your quality drops occasionally. Chris has a below par of standard of football for years now, and we praise him for the games he actually plays at a professional level.

Take him out the back and park a slug behind his ear already.
Glad your on our side mate. Good positive comments!

I wish I was as delusional as you are... though this is professional sport, at a highly paid level, and i cannot think of any job where being as absolutely incompetent as he showed to be tonight would have any other human being in a job tomorrow. There isnt a rational though process that could come to any other conclusion.

Either cut back on the meds you are on, otherwise if you are sober, see a doctor for something really strong. You obviously need something done to bring you back to reality either way.
Wow some big words there mate although you still need to check grammar and spelling.

Happy to say I drove home from the game sober and without the need for medication. Slept well knowing that games like tonight's do happen and we will be better for it in 2 weeks time.

Why don't you spend some time today reflecting on some of the good stuff the tigers have achieved so far this year and then I'm sure you will feel much better.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 9:06 am

Easily his worst game of the season
And the worst player on the park last night

It got bad to worse for Rowdy and us..

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 9:07 am

Yep, i thought a huge positive was how Brooks stood up to Burgess onslaught. He will learn a lot from that. Next time the backrowers running at him won't seem as large and he will be better equipped for repeated efforts.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 9:28 am

It would certainly help if he did not take a peek to see who is coming at him as the pass approaches, nor flirt with the sideline taking a hit. However, whilst it obviously was a poor game from him, he still put in plenty of effort and deserves at least another shot.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:03 am

bye bye lawrence bye bye, bye bye lawrence bye bye

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:19 am

Coasttiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
"Coasttiger" wrote:
"Black'n'White" wrote: it wasnt just one of those nights... I had the knives out for him for a long time, put them away, but am beginning to think the few games that he put together that had me thinking twice, he was playing out of his skin... where I was thinking he had finally found a professional level standard again.

"One of those nights" happens when you have a solid standard game and your quality drops occasionally. Chris has a below par of standard of football for years now, and we praise him for the games he actually plays at a professional level.

Take him out the back and park a slug behind his ear already.
Glad your on our side mate. Good positive comments!

I wish I was as delusional as you are... though this is professional sport, at a highly paid level, and i cannot think of any job where being as absolutely incompetent as he showed to be tonight would have any other human being in a job tomorrow. There isnt a rational though process that could come to any other conclusion.

Either cut back on the meds you are on, otherwise if you are sober, see a doctor for something really strong. You obviously need something done to bring you back to reality either way.
Wow some big words there mate although you still need to check grammar and spelling.

Happy to say I drove home from the game sober and without the need for medication. Slept well knowing that games like tonight's do happen and we will be better for it in 2 weeks time.

Why don't you spend some time today reflecting on some of the good stuff the tigers have achieved so far this year and then I'm sure you will feel much better.

Well said Coast Tiger. Lots to be happy with. All teams have bad games. Lawrence was good last week and we don't have a better option. I agree he needs to improve, though the world is not ending...

Some people love to vent after games. I am guessing it helps them get over losing by blaming one player or another. Lawrence puts his heart in week in week out. Leave him alone.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:25 am

As I have said a few times it is very clear people have never or rarely played the game

We've all had shockers if you have played the game long enough

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:35 am

We need to relax we cant win every game but will bounce back in a big way in our next game go the tigers.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:44 am

happy tiger wrote:As I have said a few times it is very clear people have never or rarely played the game

We've all had shockers if you have played the game long enough
No doubt he had a poor game and yes he dropped the ball a massive six times and was made to look like a rookie when he went out on the first tackle flirting with the sideline.Twice he dropped the ball cause he had a look at the opposition but to his defence the other four times he was the victim of bad passes that while catchable were difficult to say the least in addition to which his much maligned defence wasnt that bad in fact he was statistically the best defender in the tigers backline.
http://thescore.com.au/matches/nrl/match33030.html

His game was very poor last night but he had many friends.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:20 am

It was one of those nights for Lawrence. He was not the only one though. All our players must lift. They have gone backwards compared to the first few games they played in the beginning of the year. The players must check to see what they did in the past compared with what they are doing now, like lack of practice. etc?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:05 pm

I've always defended him cos I understand what he's been through and give him a bit more leeway then most others, but last night he was pretty damn ordinary. Couldn't catch anything and ran out over the sideline on the second or third tackle. He was terrible.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:07 pm

laufoofan wrote:It was one of those nights for Lawrence. He was not the only one though. All our players must lift. They have gone backwards compared to the first few games they played in the beginning of the year. The players must check to see what they did in the past compared with what they are doing now, like lack of practice. etc?
He was one of the most glaring though. Its an over used statement when people say blame the whole team, cos theres always one or two players who will stand out from the pack with errors they committed. Lawrence was one of those last night.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:21 pm

He had a bloody shocker and has been playing poorly for a long time now.

There is no excuse for a first grade footballer dropping so much ball and being forced over the sideline on the first tackle. He also caused his winger to be forced over the sideline in early tackles.

If you watch the replay of Souths last try you will see Chris leaving a hole in the defence that I could have run through.

Time to go I am afraid.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:24 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Here we go again, Cut Lawrence, Fulton, Anasta, Ava & Big Keith, All theses Players have contracts. It costs money & i dont want to see us go down this track again, Like Fifita & Gibbs where we payed part of their Contracts for 3 Years.
When people say "cut" I think they mean cut to reserve grade not cut their contract. Fulton does not come into this catergory.

pacman

Post by pacman » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm

I love how no one has mentioned the fact that the bloke is an absolute liability in the air too. Cannot catch a ball in the air to save his life either and as more teams pick up on this, he will be even more targeted in the air too - He was the main problem for bunnies first try but I don't think I have ever seen him have a clean take at a ball in the air on the last tackle on our try line. Lawrence, like Anasta is absolute cancer to this team and both need to go.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:09 pm

You can't blame Potter for Lawrence he was signed up before he arrived ..get used to him as a player on 600 k per season want be playing in the reggies, this is going to be tough as he still has 2 yrs on his contract ...I don 't now what you do in this situation but unfortunately he is borderline at best.