Cut Lawrence!!

•  Recent Topics
jirskyr

Re: Cut Lawrence!!

Post by jirskyr » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:17 pm

The saving grace is the coach doesn't listen to the mugs on here and will pick Lawrence again next week.

Yes he was abysmal last night, but if we cut every player after a run of ordinary form then we'd have nobody on the park except Farah and Woods.

Those who wanted Blair cut and playing reggies see good football from him this year and have changed their minds. You have to persist with players if they are every going to get their form back.

But the ultimate question is - drop Lawrence for who? Lulia? Nofo? Give me a break, Lawrence has played better football this year than either Simon or Lulia, we don't have other options.

Bones

Post by Bones » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:20 pm

happy tiger wrote:As I have said a few times it is very clear people have never or rarely played the game

We've all had shockers if you have played the game long enough
I know I had a few. Usually after I'd been on the cans all night. I wonder what Chris was up to on Thursday night?

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:22 pm

I think that's the worst game i've ever seen Lawrence play. He'd probably admit to that too. He's better than that though. I'm like a few on here who would like to see Simona and Lawrence switch sides. However it is worth noting Simona statistically is down and a lot of that is probably to do with the fact Anasta is the man feeding him.

Back to Lawrence though and i think it's best we chalk it down to a real bad night.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:45 pm

In all my years going out to Balmain and WestsTigers game I dont think I have ever seen one player having such a shocker from start to finish of a game. So I put it down to a really bad day at the office, but in saying that he has to be put on notice. Its not like we do not have other options.

As for cutting him,you just can not cut a contracted player, like with the Sheens thing, you have to find a club willing to either buy out the contract or at least contribute to it. Also I may be wrong but if we paid out his contract than that money would come off our cap for the length of the contract, so nothing would be gained

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 3:34 pm

Just last week I posted a comment supporting the most recent improvement in his game especially in comparison to his last 2 years.
Unfortunately, last night was one of his worst, however the blame can't be placed entirely on him. With Potter's selections we had no chance in this game before we even took the field - every Tigers fan knew that with Anasta as our 'leader' and that lightweight bench, the writing was on the wall.
We seem to be back to the Sheens era when the same rubbish from players got rewarded with a spot in the team next week. I hate to say it, but nowadays when certain players get injured I am actually happy that they may be unavailable for selection for the next few weeks!!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:16 pm

TigerSJ wrote:With Potter's selections we had no chance in this game before we even took the field - every Tigers fan knew that with Anasta as our 'leader' and that lightweight bench, the writing was on the wall.
That really sums it up to a tee; we had no chance and we all knew it. What's up with the coach?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 1:05 am

Snake wrote:You can't blame Potter for Lawrence he was signed up before he arrived ..get used to him as a player on 600 k per season want be playing in the reggies, this is going to be tough as he still has 2 yrs on his contract ...I don 't now what you do in this situation but unfortunately he is borderline at best.
I don't care what he's being paid. I want someone who has ability in the firsts. We can't change his pay cheque but we can change our ability to stay infield, catch a freakin ball and score the a few tries. Looks to me like he's scored 18 tries in the last 53 games over 3 and a half years.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/pla ... rence.html

How many is Koro scoring again? Fair Dinkum get real you Lawrence lovers.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 1:43 am

All I can say is Chris looked F##ked on Friday night and way out of his depth and if that is the case there is only one thing that can happen. There can be no passengers in 1st Grade.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 1:47 am

Anyone who is defending Lawrence obviously knows very little about the game. The mind boggles. I assume they are also the ones who don't want anyone under the age of 21 with 2 years 'experience' in nsw cup to let them 'develop' before they plan NRL. Brooks not playing til 2016 etc. Clowns.

Last night was not a one-off, he's played the last 50 games in a similar manner to that, albeit not quite as awful as that. It is unexcuseable, unprofessional, and is doing both Chris and the Tigers more harm than good.

The only was we can get value from him is to play him in NSW cup and hope he can run into some fitness and form. If not at least he won't be repeatedly costing us points and his absence might help our chances of winning more games and making the finals.

And those that say we don't have any better options, you're wrong. We do. An inanimate carbon rod could do better in attack and defence than him. Simona was a nobody who did nothing on his first few attempts at NRL but came on well. I'd say any of the backs from the NSW cup side could be given a run, with Fine the standout option at present. Lulia would be the one exception as the only player Chris is ahead of.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 5:49 am

Was at Rosehill yesterday ,and walked pass Chris Lawrence . I have never approached players in social situations , but I did feel like saying ..."hope today you can pick winners , better than you caught the football yesterday "

Always like Chris's work ethic to get back onto the paddock after that horrific hip injury that would have ended many a career , but it's time for Chris to get acquainted with Paul Fletcher .....but it won't happen

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 6:57 am

Snake wrote:You can't blame Potter for Lawrence he was signed up before he arrived ..get used to him as a player on 600 k per season want be playing in the reggies, this is going to be tough as he still has 2 yrs on his contract ...I don 't now what you do in this situation but unfortunately he is borderline at best.
yes the contract makes things tough,so i would put him in reggies and hope he wants a shot at first grade and a release from his contract.

simply making too many mistakes and no longer has the ability to make up for them.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:09 am

TJL wrote:All I can say is Chris looked F##ked on Friday night and way out of his depth and if that is the case there is only one thing that can happen. There can be no passengers in 1st Grade.
I agree
The coach as souths does not tolerate bad performances.
As we saw with Nathan Merritt, he was not going well, so it was back to reggies.

So why should the coach at wests-tigers, tolerate these performances. :roll:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:30 am

westTAHger wrote:
The coach as souths does not tolerate bad performances.
As we saw with Nathan Merritt, he was not going well, so it was back to reggies.

So why should the coach at wests-tigers, tolerate these performances. :roll:
Because we don't have a better option.

Friday was a shocker, but I'd back him to have a better performance than Lulia in his next game. I might be wrong, but Fine looks a while off firsts yet.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

live like a hero

Post by live like a hero » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:18 pm

i say cut lawrence, galloway and braith they all have no heart.

Post by 851 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:25 pm

live like a hero wrote:i say cut lawrence, galloway and braith they all have no heart.
They all have been in crap form and have no positive influence on the team,don't know about no heart
Go hard or go home

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:31 pm

Put it this way ..if Galloway /anasta & Lawrence became available on the market , there wouldn't be too many NRL clubs fighting for their signatures !
Even the sharks would be having second thoughts .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:40 pm

I have been saying he should be in reserve grade for 2 seasons. He is an inept player these days. He has terrible hands, is slow, makes terrible reads in defence. The only positive is he can run a hole and get over the ad line a bit like a PROP.

I ould not care less if he comes out and scores a try against Canberra and goes ok. Because in the big games and the tight games he will let us down.

Some people were saying he had a blinder against Newcastle. Thats how low is standards are these days. He hit a nice hole from 2 yards out to score a try and made a few nice hit ups. He also missed a terrible tackle which led to Newcastle hitting a 16-14 lead and through a hospital pass to Richards which led to their first try.

He is a liability and should be embarrassed by his performances. Mick Potter has done some good things at our club in the past 18 months. However he is off contract at the end of the year and the likes of Braith and Lawrence might be the diff between making the 8 or missing out. Thats how alarming pathetic these guys are most weeks. Tigers fans are sick to death of it. We had had it before with Fitzfumble, Morris in the halves, backs on the bench, its garbage.

Its why we have made 3 finals in 15 years rubbish like this. Fans should stop giving blokes free passes and ready made excuses like it is a development year. We have the talent to make the 8 and if we dont its a failure from here. The 20s and State cup are doing really well and we need accountability in selection.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:46 pm

I honestly think that ........ (Here it comes , look away if you want )...that MOLTZEN ( yes I said it) MOLTZEN would be better in the centres than Lawrence !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !