Should win big.....

Tiges05

Should win big.....

Post by Tiges05 » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 9:49 am

Pointless deciding whether we are a top side or not based on last night.

Let's take 3 players out if any team during the game and play them with 14/15 players for the match and they will look clunky and disjointed.

One thing we do know is they showed a top side's attitude last night too hold on.

Not too many seasons since 2000 have we showed that sort of attitude and determination to win through adversity.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 10:20 am

TIGER wrote:It would be nice if you could just answer my question instead of giving me a politicians answer. Which points don't you agree with exactly? Be specific.
Do you think we are playing at a level to beat the top sides?
Do you think our attack is good lately?
Do you think a better side than canberra would of slaughtered us last night?
Do you think the loss of tedesco will hurt our chances massively of making the 8 and going further?
I'm pretty much just pointing out the obvious but you guys seem to have a problem with that, maybe im not as delusional as you are.
Im not only talking about last nights attack im talking about our attack for the last 6 or 7 games when in most games our backline has been at full strength minus tedesco.
You are entitled to your opinion as it is ours to disagree with your points.

I think the team last night played like Champions i.e. they played like a good team.
You can only play what is in front of you and they beat them under great adversity. If they had played better opposition it is only conjecture that they would not have lifted to a higher level. Over many years the Tigers have always played at the level of the opposing team - have you not noticed that we always have trouble with teams on the lower half of the table.

We have had a heap of injuries and Origin disruption over the last 6-7 weeks - last night was not good in that we had a number of players in the backline out of position and only one on the bench. How good do you think the attack would be? Clunky it had to be.

Our defence was nothing short of sensational last night - with players off and out of position they held out on their line without Canberra scoring for numerous tackles - one report said thirty.

You said lucky to get 2 points (Nofo try and missed goal) what does that mean? Maybe they should have had Anasta and they would have won by one but they didn't. How many times have we lost by one? It was our turn.

We have 20 points out of a possible 32 after 16 rounds in the first rebuilding year - who on the Forum would not have taken a result like this at the season beginning? Oh! right the guy at Callan Park.

Not sure where you are going with your post - no we are not as good as the top sides and we will suffer because Teddy is out for the rest of the year. You do realise we are rebuilding and it will take time - Official projection was top 8 in 2014, top 4 in 2015 and Grand Final in 2016.

We have the best youngsters in the competition but they need time to develop their skills, get used to each other, learn to defend (not a priority in Reggies), develop their bodies to NRL standard, follow game plans etc. or do you expect them to flick a switch and be as good as Thurston, Ingles, Gallen etc. overnight

Patience my boy Rome was not built in a day.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 7:18 am

Is a simple yes or no to each question too hard. Another politicians answer.

mremedy

Post by mremedy » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:01 am

TIGER wrote:It would be nice if you could just answer my question instead of giving me a politicians answer. Which points don't you agree with exactly? Be specific.
Do you think we are playing at a level to beat the top sides?
Do you think our attack is good lately?
Do you think a better side than canberra would of slaughtered us last night?
Do you think the loss of tedesco will hurt our chances massively of making the 8 and going further?
I'm pretty much just pointing out the obvious but you guys seem to have a problem with that, maybe im not as delusional as you are.
Im not only talking about last nights attack im talking about our attack for the last 6 or 7 games when in most games our backline has been at full strength minus tedesco.
The whole premise of your original post was that we are not a top side because, presumably, we did not beat Canberra by enough. You also state that although you were motivated to make this post after a tough Tigers win, that your opinion is actually a culmination of the last 6 or 7 weeks effort. Let’s take a look at that.

Over the last 7 weeks we have won 3, lost 2 and had 2 byes. The two games that we lost we were without Robbie and Woods.

So to answer your questions:
1. Given that we are one of the top sides, being equal 4th on the ladder, yes I do think we are capable of beating the top sides.
2. Our attack is going OK. It is amazing how much better a team's attack looks when they have a dominant forward pack and a consistent team. We have had a number of injuries this year and from memory at least 9 concussions.
3. Who knows, we were only playing Canberra. Although I could ask, how many teams would have lost to Canberra tonight given the adversity?
4. Yes :(

I have answered your questions. The premise of your argument is that we are not a top side. Whilst we may not win the competition, I believe a top side has the capacity to find a way to win when their back is against the wall. This is something that the Tigers are being able to do this year and who knows where this will take us given more favourable conditions.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 01 Jul, 2014 9:44 pm

When did I say we're not a top side because we didn't beat Canberra by enough?
All I said is it was a gutsy win, we we're lucky to get the 2 points, we haven't played well for the best part of 2 months our attack is a problem and has been for the same amount of time, robbie and woods in or not. We're not playing at a level to worry the top sides, now throw the Tedesco injury on top and it's going to make it much harder.
Now yes there are reasons why and I'm not expecing us to be a real chance this year I've never said that, I'd honestly be happy just seeing brooks get through the season without a major injury. As far as im concerned we're winners this year by simply not having Benji in our side everything after that has been a bonus for me, watching us play this year has been so enjoyable, so don't mistake my mere pointing out the obvious for thinking the team isn't living up to my expectations because my expectations were passed by round 5.