Siro (the sequal)

bp tiger

Re: Siro (the sequal)

Post by bp tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 12:49 pm

sorry something happened well typing, NSW cup side until he produces the goods , blokes like Akoula will leave if there playing better and not getting a go.

Coast Tiger

Post by Coast Tiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 1:49 pm

Not many edge players dominate when their side is beaten up the middle.

Siro is showing signs of improvement. I fully expect a breakout game from him over the next few weeks.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 1:58 pm

bp tiger wrote:sorry something happened well typing, NSW cup side until he produces the goods , blokes like Akoula will leave if there playing better and not getting a go.
akoula is bog average defensively. sironen will play next week and rightly so. i'm so happy this club is privately owned, we'd go through every U20s and NSW Cup player who scores a try or has one good game in a season and wooden spoon because we can't build any combinations or team mentality if this forum got to choose the team.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm one of the " Magpies Loyalists"

Sironen was average yesterday. I do believe he will become a top class player, but I believe it will take him a few years. It has nothing to do with his surname nor where he was a junior. Anyone blaming the Magpies for anything critical of his playing is not reasonable.

As I have said many times before, most of the Maggies supporters also support the Wests Tigers. Sure there are a few who hate the JV, but they are in the minority and the Balmain loyalists have some also.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 3:25 pm

Happy you are spot on about both Players, Well spotted & they not the only two players who get the ball in this position when Robbies not there.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 3:36 pm

Gnr altho I disagree with your assessment of Siro, I think he is a high quality player, I think branding any player a future test player is too much pressure, so on that I guess we agree.

I thought he looked pretty dangerous at times yesterday, had a couple good runs as the lead runner that caused trouble.

He is still making a few mistakes (as all young players do) but overall he is alright..

The famous surname works both ways, expectations rise, and so do criticisms.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 3:55 pm

Thats fine Goose, i don't mind people saying i'm wrong about him, its all subjective after all. Idiots accusing you of not rating him cos of his Balmain connection is another story. Guess that means i don't rate Farah, Woods or Brooks either cos of their Balmain connection cos i'm a Magpie loyalist. Oh wait....

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 4:00 pm

Opinions are subjective....so why mention that people who disagree may be blinded by a famous surname?

Its hardly an argument that holds weight.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 4:06 pm

Goose summed it pretty well. With a surname expectations rise. The criticism's from me aren't on him as a player, as i've said i'm sure he'll be solid. Its in response to why people are going over the top in their praise.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:08 pm

I think he deserves his spot now and I think he will get better. I view him a lot like Tedesco was last season.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Some will remember my thread about this guy from a few weeks ago hence the title.Still not getting the love for this guy. Yes, i know all of his supporters will come out and say he's only coming back from injury, but thats beside the point. I haven't seen anything, ever from him that i find out of the ordinary. Solid first grader, i'm sure he has it in him. A future Australian rep that people have him as a lay down for? Nup, can't see it.
why are we angry/upset/ set on Sironen?
I think we should get to the bottom of this.
Cough it up brother.
All the forum will help.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:He stole my lunch money
if i get it back - will you leave the kid alone.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:26 pm

Idk AHX i was really craving those peanut butter SAO's that my canteen sell. I could still buy them i suppose, but the craving is gone. That never comes around again.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 6:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Idk AHX i was really craving those peanut butter SAO's that my canteen sell. I could still buy them i suppose, but the craving is gone. That never comes around again.
Remember that ice cream - Triple Treat with the pink marshmellow in the middle.
Unlike you the craving hasn't gone.
Like you - it will probably never come again.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 7:26 pm

From what I've noticed from the 20 odd NRL games he has played in.....
He is able to put the defence in two minds when he runs the ball.
They often hang off him a little because he a good passing game. It annoyed me on 2 and third tackle trying to get the ball away. But later in the set, he's one forward that can create a different dimension to our attack.
in Ivan we distrust

Illek

Post by Illek » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 7:51 pm

Currently solid, obviously going to be a good 1st grade player but not sure he will play origin or Australia, yet to see that spark. Not saying he doesn't have the potential, just haven't seen that something special which really great players have. Dwyer in comparison I think showed more in his first few games, yet he was a little older so that could be why he demonstrated more. Just have to wait and see.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 8:25 pm

In paul sironens book he wrote when he was dropped early in career in mid 80s and was the best thing for his career

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Jul, 2014 8:46 pm

Dwyer was awesome. He was big, strong and fast for a forward. He could hit a good hole, like Gareth Ellis. Both formed a good combo with Benji when he was at his best.
Hopefully Siro can form a good combination with Moses.
These type of combinations are rare. Lucky for us we breed our own, and don't have to pay overs trying to poach from other clubs. Not saying they will be world beaters, but they sure have potential.
in Ivan we distrust