Gallant = Average

towntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat 07 Nov, 2009 9:04 am

Gallant = Average

Post by towntiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:08 pm

Sorry to all of you Gallant supporters, but he was average tonight and i am glad we let him go. He looked scared on most occassions and the boys just kept peppering him.

Although he didn't make any mistakes as such he was just tentative and didn't want to get involved.


User avatar
glebe_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by glebe_tiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:09 pm

quite true, but having played at the tigers im sure the boys knew enough of how he played and what to do to avoid his damaging runs.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:11 pm

Fitzy was average too,and he has a heap of supporters.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Blake93
Member
Member
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri 05 Mar, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Berowra, Sydney

Post by Blake93 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:12 pm

I disagree, I think he played quite well. Obviously his defence was terrible but thats to be expected. However, he dented the line a few times and looked dangerous often.
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

mattc78
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by mattc78 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:13 pm

I think he fits our style of play better than the cows ,but on tonights performance I am happy with beau


User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:15 pm

i thought he looked better as the game wore on.
after they lost thurston i don't think they had the experience to use gallants strengths later in the game.

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3715
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:16 pm

Very ordinary
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2713
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:17 pm

He did do a great job taking that bomb in the 2nd half! I though some of his runs tonight were good. I think he will be a good player for them.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33007
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:19 pm

He was safe at the back but with a good kick and chase he was handled well by the Tigers. I'll stick with Ryan over Gallant.

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by alexaki » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:22 pm

Blakeeeeeee wrote:I disagree, I think he played quite well. Obviously his defence was terrible but thats to be expected. However, he dented the line a few times and looked dangerous often.
I must've been watching a different game!..Fityz is a passenger and should be in State Cup!

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:26 pm

Gallant was okay but nothing special. Despite his blinding acceleration, he doesnt offer a lot of variety in attack.

His positioning can be poor at times and he offers nothing as a last line defender.

I have always said I would be happy for him to stay or go.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:30 pm

No Thurston limited Gallants danger.

He played very well though for his 2nd game ever with those players.

He is a great player and we are lucky Thurston went off because most of MM's plays come off Thurston.

Gallant is a great player.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:33 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:No Thurston limited Gallants danger.

He played very well though for his 2nd game ever with those players.

He is a great player and we are lucky Thurston went off because most of MM's plays come off Thurston.

Gallant is a great player.
But Bug you told us he would cut us to shreds. What happened?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29207
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:35 pm

Inglis has been average all year, Benji has been average often, farah more often than not this year, most times Im average at work though I pick up on Fridays as knock off time nears. Sometimes I get a great big mac, most times theyre average. Average is common -very.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29313
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:37 pm

C'mon Bug...I'm a Gallant fan but saying he was limited cause they lost Thurston sounds like a cop out to me...

Hope he secures the 1 for the Cows for the rest of the year though...
Wayne Train 2019..

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3715
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.

Post by softlaw » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:40 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:No Thurston limited Gallants danger.

He played very well though for his 2nd game ever with those players.

He is a great player and we are lucky Thurston went off because most of MM's plays come off Thurston.

Gallant is a great player.
No, no he's not.

For a start a great player wouldn;t have to rely on someone else being there.
He's defensively terrible in firsts (regardless of what he's like in reserves).
His positioning is not that crash hot at the back.
Yes he can run & yes he's elusive but so are a lot of fringe first graders.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:47 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:No Thurston limited Gallants danger.

He played very well though for his 2nd game ever with those players.

He is a great player and we are lucky Thurston went off because most of MM's plays come off Thurston.

Gallant is a great player.
But Bug you told us he would cut us to shreds. What happened?
Thurston came off. So he could not run off him as planned.

NRL Stats show not one Cowboys player broke more tackles than Gallant.

Shannon Gallant 4 tackle breaks.
Beau Ryan 0 tackle breaks
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

User avatar
Balmain Bug
Member
Member
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 10 Apr, 2010 11:48 pm

Answer me this question people
Is he a better player than Mitch Brown ??
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Post Reply