This forum and its future

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: This forum and its future

Post by coivtny » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:12 pm

Agree with the previous comments. Kul, we owe you a big debt of thanks for the work you do to make this forum work so well. The moderators do a great job too.
I missed this entire thread when it started in May this year and I'm not sure why. Like a number of members I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to IT and I'm more than happy to leave it to those 'in the know' to decide the best way forward. If a financial contribution is necessary to cover the cost of the software and server, I'm happy to kick in.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:03 am

Hi Kui, of course leave up to your judgement but I prefer the old page style. In another site the threads go on forever and you sort of have no clue where you are. It could when you re-open you go back to where last got out and the messages are numbered for e.g. 5550/infinity and you soon forget that. Whereas on v bulletin (used by local chess sites) you can remember roughly where you were. Just getting to the end of infinity threads are a nightmare, you can't use "control end" or page end and scrolling down forever every time that you visit.

I am only a slight user of facebook (bar all friends) but hate their format as well. you have to scroll down and it keeps going up in the background reloading - hate it. Regards
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:18 am

The reason for me asking about the progress is I would love to be the guinea pig to test it and I am sure a lot of the other regular posters would love to test it as well.

A big THANK YOU for everything that you do with this forum. Also, shout out to the mods who keep everything in order. I don't say much in here but I visit everyday and this is how I keep up with what's going on at WT land.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:59 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:03 am
Hi Kui, of course leave up to your judgement but I prefer the old page style. In another site the threads go on forever and you sort of have no clue where you are. It could when you re-open you go back to where last got out and the messages are numbered for e.g. 5550/infinity and you soon forget that. Whereas on v bulletin (used by local chess sites) you can remember roughly where you were. Just getting to the end of infinity threads are a nightmare, you can't use "control end" or page end and scrolling down forever every time that you visit.

I am only a slight user of facebook (bar all friends) but hate their format as well. you have to scroll down and it keeps going up in the background reloading - hate it. Regards
Byron, if you click on the thread icon (usually highlighted in orange when there's unread posts on the left,) it will take you to where you last read the thread and the first unread post. If you click on the thread name it will take you to the latest page.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 3:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 30 Aug, 2018 9:59 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 29 Aug, 2018 8:03 am

Byron, if you click on the thread icon (usually highlighted in orange when there's unread posts on the left,) it will take you to where you last read the thread and the first unread post. If you click on the thread name it will take you to the latest page.
Gawd even happy knows how to do that...
Wayne Train 2019..

TJL

Post by TJL » Thu 30 Aug, 2018 4:52 pm

If it ain't broke why fix it?