Server migration COMPLETE

Post any issues or requests with the site here.
User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5916
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Re: Server migration COMPLETE

Post by Kul » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 am

How are people finding the responsiveness of the site now?
It's now a lot closer to Sydney so it should be much snappy.

I'm in London so I can't judge.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com


User avatar
mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1676
Joined: Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Hornsby

Post by mike » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:50 am

Kul wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 am
How are people finding the responsiveness of the site now?
It's now a lot closer to Sydney so it should be much snappy.

I'm in London so I can't judge.
It’s very responsive. Quick load of menus and topics. Thanks Kul.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:33 pm

Well I haven't had any flickering so far , so that's a massive improvement

Speed wise I can't tell the difference , but then again I'm getting old

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4044
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm

Kul wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 am
How are people finding the responsiveness of the site now?
It's now a lot closer to Sydney so it should be much snappy.

I'm in London so I can't judge.
Just a note to inform you that something odd occurred about ten minutes ago. I noticed that my username at the right of the black bar in the header area above was showing me, along with his avatar, as Tiger Steve. When I attempted to submit a post in the updated NRL squad thread some sort of error message appeared, which I then edited and submitted again. It then went through and formerguest returned as normal.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5609
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi Kul

Also you get this;

No route found for "GET /donate" (from "http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtop ... 8&start=72")

when you click on forum supporter box/link.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!


User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1860
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm

formerguest wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm
Kul wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 am
How are people finding the responsiveness of the site now?
It's now a lot closer to Sydney so it should be much snappy.

I'm in London so I can't judge.
Just a note to inform you that something odd occurred about ten minutes ago. I noticed that my username at the right of the black bar in the header area above was showing me, along with his avatar, as Tiger Steve. When I attempted to submit a post in the updated NRL squad thread some sort of error message appeared, which I then edited and submitted again. It then went through and formerguest returned as normal.
I’m slowly taking over😉 I’ve experienced nothing strange. All good
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4044
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 8:59 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
formerguest wrote:
Thu 11 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm
Kul wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:20 am
How are people finding the responsiveness of the site now?
It's now a lot closer to Sydney so it should be much snappy.

I'm in London so I can't judge.
Just a note to inform you that something odd occurred about ten minutes ago. I noticed that my username at the right of the black bar in the header area above was showing me, along with his avatar, as Tiger Steve. When I attempted to submit a post in the updated NRL squad thread some sort of error message appeared, which I then edited and submitted again. It then went through and formerguest returned as normal.
I’m slowly taking over😉 I’ve experienced nothing strange. All good
Yeah, it was weird. I looked to see if there were any notifications and your Tiger to the right caught my eye.

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 3:59 pm

Kul wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 3:43 am
Server migration complete.

There may be some teething issues, please let me know here!
Hi Kul,
Came across an issue last night trying to access the forum on my ipad (have been away) and all that comes up is a message along the lines of

This page cannot connect to the internet

I tried a few things in the settings but still no go, and it's only happening with the forum site. No problem here on the desktop and pc just at home on the ipad...

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29199
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 4:33 pm

Im sure there was a few posts in this thread this morning...they seem to have gone

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 5:43 pm

barra wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 3:59 pm
Kul wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 3:43 am
Server migration complete.

There may be some teething issues, please let me know here!
Hi Kul,
Came across an issue last night trying to access the forum on my ipad (have been away) and all that comes up is a message along the lines of

This page cannot connect to the internet

I tried a few things in the settings but still no go, and it's only happening with the forum site. No problem here on the desktop and pc just at home on the ipad...

WESTSTIGERSFORUM.COM was offline (down) Sunday evening till Monday morning....affected all device access to the forum, not just Ipads....

User avatar
barra
Member
Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Sth Coast

Post by barra » Mon 15 Oct, 2018 5:47 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 5:43 pm
barra wrote:
Mon 15 Oct, 2018 3:59 pm
Kul wrote:
Fri 05 Oct, 2018 3:43 am
Server migration complete.

There may be some teething issues, please let me know here!
Hi Kul,
Came across an issue last night trying to access the forum on my ipad (have been away) and all that comes up is a message along the lines of

This page cannot connect to the internet

I tried a few things in the settings but still no go, and it's only happening with the forum site. No problem here on the desktop and pc just at home on the ipad...

WESTSTIGERSFORUM.COM was offline (down) Sunday evening till Monday morning....affected all device access to the forum, not just Ipads....
Ahh - okay, thanks. Will see what happens tonight!

Post Reply