Garbage

InBenjiWeTrust

Re: Garbage

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:10 pm

IMHO, WT can, as long as all players are healthy, win against any opposition,
e.g. until injuries last year we competed with wombats with S Burges, we smashed sea pigeons and Poodles even without Teddy :)

Go Tigers :sign:

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:14 pm

Our "d" is second best after two round despite us handing many opportunities to the opposition. Hardly garbage and an area of our game that has needed fixing for 15 years.

Not to mention Taylor left our best 3 props off the field for an extended period. Obviously deliberate.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:19 pm

Defiant wrote:Our "d" is second best after two round despite us handing many opportunities to the opposition. Hardly garbage and an area of our game that has needed fixing for 15 years.

Not to mention Taylor left our best 3 props off the field for an extended period. Obviously deliberate.
I think it was deliberate but for a different reason

I think he is testing Brooks and Moses and to see if they can still control a game when they aren't always on the front foot

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm

Very harsh assessment.
Forwards looking very strong and defense rock solid, we are making some mistakes (too many ) but early season with young blokes not unexpected, they have shown ththere is ability out wide.
Outside Souths and the Roosters we have been as good as any of the rest.
if the halves start making the right decisions we will be pretty decent most weeks.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:39 pm

God almighty! If we beat souths then we will really be bad.

Get a life some of you pinheads.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 1:51 am

the first 20 minutes made me so happy i was actually laughing (anyone else ever get that feeling?!) with some of the tries they scored. they looked amazing for that period anyway...

its hard to argue the second half wasnt pretty ordinary. but. i do take the view that this is a developing team and that Taylor is being quite astute in his methodology re brooks and moses; as said, he asked for patience at the start of the year and i dont think we could expect any better after two rounds than they have been.

its all about nurturing them along and letting them come into their own with a bit of experience, but i did wonder tonight how long you give a kid like moses to find his mojo? i was pretty disappointed with his game tonight. he cant tackle anyone one on one and barely offered anything offensively. giving him the benefit of any doubt, he and brooks did seem to have been given a challenge by Taylor (which i think was smart as said above) and im sure he will benefit from it in the greater scheme....

a lot better judges than i say he will be great so i am giving him a decent chance, but at the same time i am just curious about what sort of time frame you give before asking more from him?

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 4:28 am

innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are
Last week...titans and all their dramas....we scrape home by 1....

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
i don't understand your thread ink.
new coach and during the off season you talk about having patience with the team.
come round 2 and you start this thread.

for me,our defense is ok,though still yet to be challenged by a team with a decent attack.
forwards look great.

just waiting to see if brooks and mosses can get close to the hype.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:06 am

I understand completely. It is not that Ink said the side had a dreadful eighty, as we created limited opportunities throughout, just executed poorly for most of the match.

We were treading water for a long period last night, steady, but lacking real go forward with our three centre forwards on the bench. We lose too much with all of them resting for mine, and would much rather have Taupau coming off the bench to keep the momentum going. Lodge may be able to fill the role later, but is not there yet as a metre eater.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 6:33 am

innsaneink wrote:So we beat a team by 16 points....only having to play well for 25 minutes, tells me where saints are....also tells me where we are
Last week...titans and all their dramas....we scrape home by 1....

I dunno about the rest of you, but I reckon that was crap....the way we started, our defense was strong and our forwards were terrific...attack flowed naturally from it....but then it was all just garbage...such a dissapointing final 45/50 minutes

These two teams weve played will finish 14, 15 0r 16.... I think JT wont be happy
We played some excellent footy for 20 minutes, dominated through the middle and the contest was over. We then played to their level. I agree, Titans and Dragons will fight it out for the spoon, but we will know where we are after this Sunday. Same as the Titans match, we have a heap of upside.

Taylor has us playing Wozza-ball in the early stages of matches. Good to watch.

crusader

Post by crusader » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:41 am

It's a sad day when fans can't just simply enjoy a win against the dragons.
Stop looking for perfection and just enjoy a moment, you may not have many to enjoy this season

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 7:49 am

After sleeping on it...and reflection..Some good signs...lots last night for the young kids to learn from

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 8:22 am

I'm not disappointed with the efforts. The past two weeks have shown that there is gradual improvement.

In years gone by when we let the first try in, it'd have likely opened the floodgates but they stood tall and tackled their guts out. We bombed half a dozen opportunities in the second half but the damage was done by then. I am very impressed with our defensive efforts this year thus far, and we've managed to get away unscathed from two games.

I felt the lads looked better last night, Brooks was better despite taking some poor options in the second half but on the whole they're improving, and they've still plenty to learn.

How we fare against Souths will show where we stand. As long as there is continuous improvement, there's no cause for alarm yet.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:06 am

Best thing to take away from the game is that we conceded a single try.

Almost impossible to lose a match when you restrict the opposition to only four points.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

barra

Post by barra » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 9:10 am

innsaneink wrote:After sleeping on it...and reflection..Some good signs...lots last night for the young kids to learn from

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
That's more like it Ink!

Baby steps from where we were, and last night was another step in the right direction!

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:21 am

I'm not the greatest NRL game analyst so I would't mind if someone could point out to me what they see in Moses. Brooks I kind of see the good kicking game and tactical decisions but Moses I just don't see it. I know he is just starting but usually when a future star makes his debut I can see something (Teddy or woodsy for example). Not having a go just want to be educated.
Another thing, I just don't get how woods makes so many metres, he doesn't seem to run hard at the line or be a monster in size...is it just amazing footwork?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:23 am

I happy with the two wins, both essential. Not overly excited though cause next week, will be the real test. Not expecting to win against the Rabbits just hope we dont get smashed.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:24 am

Moses is good at showing up at the right time and place. He also has pretty vision and is able to execute on that well. That's my take anyway.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:05 am

tigerbill wrote:I'm not the greatest NRL game analyst so I would't mind if someone could point out to me what they see in Moses. Brooks I kind of see the good kicking game and tactical decisions but Moses I just don't see it. I know he is just starting but usually when a future star makes his debut I can see something (Teddy or woodsy for example). Not having a go just want to be educated.
Another thing, I just don't get how woods makes so many metres, he doesn't seem to run hard at the line or be a monster in size...is it just amazing footwork?
moses is quite composed with the ball in hand, good at getting it out to the wingers and centres. that ball he threw to i think chris lawrence was amazing, floated it perfectly past the inside player and hit him on the chest while running and put him into some nice space.

look at the dogs game last year to see exactly what he offers. solid support play as well.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."