Halves quiet

Eddie

Halves quiet

Post by Eddie » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:28 pm

They didn't seem to know when to push the button when we were on the front foot..

We had some great forward play and plenty of momentum in the first 30 minutes. We had South back peddling a fair bit. However inside the 30 m zone we tended to have too many "settlers". On the 3rd or 4th tackle after a quick play the ball or good charge we would take another hit up when Souths were on the back foot.

Similarly in the 2nd half when we got some possession eventually the halves were not touching the ball at all some sets. This is when we were 10 down with 10 minutes to go.

I Don't know whether they are lacking confidence, if its game plan related or they are just learning the game but we had plenty of dominance in that game and they were extremely quiet. I don't think either ran the ball all match and they seemed to go missing when we were on the front foot and should have had an early spread.

i think they are all adapting to a new game plan. However I think they were definelty lacking a presence today, not sure if it was a lack of talk or whatever but they just didnt ask any questions. Farah became dominant again and looked by far the most threatening.

I suppose a couple if times we were pretty close and it could have been a different story if up by 16. I just thought they went missing even though we had a pretty good platform most the game.

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:30 pm

I said it in another thread that they won't run the ball. Brooks in particular. I'm not sure if it's the way they are coached or another reason but either way they need to change it.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:31 pm

brooks busy - moses quiet
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:34 pm

Adjusting to a new game plan.

Teddy out the back is not going to work sometimes. I thought Sirro was threatening when he was on and we lost an edge threat when he went off.

Definately need to understand when they have to run. When the defence starts to slide its time. We are still messing up the lead runner plays, not sure who is at fault, but they arent working.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:34 pm

It's not even that they don't run the ball, it's when they are asked to do something they just execute poorly. Brooks passing is a lottery each time whether it hits the target, let alone his decision making which is deplorable.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:39 pm

That's going to happen with 2 20 yr olds.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:39 pm

we broke their line many times today

pacman

Post by pacman » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:42 pm

drury low > brooks/moses

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:44 pm

Concerned with Moses. Hasn't shown anything at all.

Brooks has way too many poor passes in his game and has not run the ball at all.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:44 pm

we had our chances

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:48 pm

I'd be pretty sure apart from not spending too much time on attack plays at training the halves have been told not to run. Pass the ball and defend.
We'll work on attack when we get the D together.

It'll be good when that time comes. MO of course.

Angry Tiger 1

Post by Angry Tiger 1 » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:51 pm

It is a year too early for Moses. He is the great white hype! So far he has shown nothing in attack throwing an intercept pass against the Titans and a hospital pass in just about every game. I will credit his defence though. He has a go.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:53 pm

the kid has energy

pacman

Post by pacman » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:54 pm

moses can go to state cup
brooks to the sharks

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 7:55 pm

Sure they are taking some wrong options, but very rigid structured play is as much to blame for mine.

They seem to be hesitant, even fearful and sticking to the designated play, rather than what is unfolding. Coach needs to loosen the reins a little, particularly for Moses, and let them play to their strengths.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 8:00 pm

Our last play option is very very poor!
One repeat set all game against quality opposition or any team as a matter of fact, your going to struggle.
Compared to souths Adam Reynolds pin point accuracy is pure brilliance.
I actually think the halves were playing better under Potter not having a go a JT.
I just dont know how much longer we can keep carrying these two.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 8:10 pm

I know he won't but If I was Taylor I'd be tempted to give Drinkwater a show for Moses next week.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 8:11 pm

formerguest wrote:Sure they are taking some wrong options, but very rigid structured play is as much to blame for mine.

They seem to be hesitant, even fearful and sticking to the designated play, rather than what is unfolding. Coach needs to loosen the reins a little, particularly for Moses, and let them play to their strengths.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3
I disagree. They need to learn to play to the structure in place. The coaches job is to come up with winning structure and when our passes stick it looks like he has done it. The kids just aren't sticking the passes often enough yet.