This Referee is crap. rubbish.

•  Recent Topics
bigsiro

There has to be an investigation!

Post by bigsiro » Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:41 pm

Towards the end of the match they get a BS penalty in amazing position. They then throw a blatant forward pass which somehow gets missed and they score in the corner.
That try broke our back. Vatuvei therefore ends up scoring two tries, neither of which were legit.
Both those tries totally swung the match.
The refs are terrible every week but I don't believe that they can actually be this bad by accident.
Basically, I just don't trust refs anymore. There are too many arbitrary penalties awarded. There should be a general inquest into the state of refereeing and standards.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:13 am

Great teams rise above adversity...the standard of refering in the NRL is beyond a joke...I respect JT's stance...our mistakes cost us the game not the referees....It's a great attitude...
Wayne Train 2019..

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:51 am

Geo. wrote:Great teams rise above adversity...the standard of refering in the NRL is beyond a joke...I respect JT's stance...our mistakes cost us the game not the referees....It's a great attitude...
It was the only thing JT COULD say....bag the refs and we would of been 10k out of pocket. I am sure privately he would have been as fuming as the rest of us that we got so blatantly rorted.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 1:53 am

I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 2:08 am

sheer64 wrote:We cant blame them entirely but 99.9% will do!
You are a true voice of reason.i reckon its higher.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 3:08 am

Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

Bang on Tony, the ruck speed of theirs compared to ours was off the radar, we would tackle them and the player would just throw it through his legs not even on his feet and its play on....the hooker did one and got the softest penalty ever.

We just couldnt take a trick.

The 50/50's well fair enough,but we were on the back pedal for a huge chunk of that game and were still in it right till the end.

But lets blame the halves or Robbie.

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 5:01 am

Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

Agreed Tony and it also seamt that every time we had the ball he would yell surrender which seemingly translated to lay down all day on the tigers players boys.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 6:05 am

I think the referee got caught up in the occasion with the home crowd. It has worked for us before so I suppose you have to cop it on the chin

I have never seen a game with so much walking off the mark to play the ball, at times 2 and three metres. There were a number of times where the marker was up and because the tackled player got up and walked forward, the marker was now standing beside or behind him.....and then the referee calls 'Not Square' or penalised. Very disappointing.

In the end, if we were good enough, we could have cracked it. At the end of the year if the same thing happens, I think we will be smart enough and experienced enough to get over it, so good times ahead.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 7:44 am

My problem isn't the "wrong" decisions, they are evident every week by these hopeless clowns, my problem is that I just can't understand how a ref can allow one side time to slow the ruck down but not allow the other team anywhere near the same amount of time. How can he sense that 3 seconds lying on a player is ok for the warriors but one second is too long for the Tigers?

That's the sort of reffing that costs games, not one off mistakes.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 8:37 am

The first Manu try was 50-50. If that was us and that try had been disallowed, we'd have had a thread on it 5 pages long of people crying about it

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 8:46 am

Definitely didnt get many of the 50/50 calls...

My main frustration was in Week 1-4 every Ref was calling anything which was marginally forward Forward, but they have put that in the bin now.

I felt both Manu's Try's had forward passes on the play?!

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:40 am

Simply put Badger was influenced by the home crowd.I thought Farah should of questioned his decisions and made him aware of the apparent bias to the home team.
One thing that struck me about the speed of the ruck and how it was policed differently between the two sides was when Badger was heard calling 'surrender' when Lawrence ran the ball,next you could hear Badger trying to convince Lawrence that he surrendered.Now Lawrence may have lost some pace and have questionable ball skills but one thing he always does is run hard.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:42 am

Chevy wrote:Simply put Badger was influenced by the home crowd.I thought Farah should of questioned his decisions and made him aware of the apparent bias to the home team.
One thing that struck me about the speed of the ruck and how it was policed differently between the two sides was when Badger was heard calling 'surrender' when Lawrence ran the ball,next you could hear Badger trying to convince Lawrence that he surrendered.Now Lawrence may have lost some pace and have questionable ball skills but one thing he always does is run hard.
I shook my head at that call... Maybe McFadden got into his head before the game?

"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 9:48 am

Anyone remember this?

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:21 am

The penalty count is also something to have a look at.

Did we get any penalties when our kickers kept getting tackled late?

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:49 am

In last night's press conference JT shot down the reporter's questions about crucial ref decisions not going our way

Basically said 'the refs don't decide the game, the players do' and that the media needs to stop making a story out of their decisions

Respect!

Aside from the dinosaurs running the game, my biggest league dislike is commentator, player and media comments on the referees. How boring is the game if our biggest focus is on the standard of refereeing?

Sometimes refs make bad decisions (2-3 a game, let's be honest) but how many poor plays do forwards make when judging when to offload? How many times do kickers miss easyish conversions? How many passes can Benji Marshall throw over a sideline? Players, coaches, commentators and the media need to stop blaming the easy target, at least in public, and find a newer, fairer, more interesting one.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 11:07 am

I thought they were pretty poor last night, and consistently poor rather than getting 50/50 calls wrong. However, we've had our share of luck this year, like Brooks' forwards pass to Lovett and the scrum repack against Parra, so I'll cop it on the chin.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 12 Apr, 2015 12:22 pm

krayola wrote:In last night's press conference JT shot down the reporter's questions about crucial ref decisions not going our way

Basically said 'the refs don't decide the game, the players do' and that the media needs to stop making a story out of their decisions

Respect!

Aside from the dinosaurs running the game, my biggest league dislike is commentator, player and media comments on the referees. How boring is the game if our biggest focus is on the standard of refereeing?

Sometimes refs make bad decisions (2-3 a game, let's be honest) but how many poor plays do forwards make when judging when to offload? How many times do kickers miss easyish conversions? How many passes can Benji Marshall throw over a sideline? Players, coaches, commentators and the media need to stop blaming the easy target, at least in public, and find a newer, fairer, more interesting one.
They should blame them more after sub standard performances like that.
These guys are full time professionals and deserve to get bagged just like the players.
Commentators NEVER bag the refs yet are happy to say a player had a shocker.
Time to be accountable - not protected.