This Referee is crap. rubbish.

pHyR3

Re: This Referee is crap. rubbish.

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 3:12 pm

Flippedy wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:I think u blokes have yer tin foil hats on....the refs have always favoured the top sides.

Saints won 11 in a row!
Roosters have been a top side for quite a few years now, Simon, but they are very often caned in the penalty count. I think they were the most penalised team the year the won the Premiership weren't they? Nice to see something go against them though, considering they seem to have no limit on their salary cap :lol:
yep their penalty differential is almost negative 300

next closest is the dogs with like -100 to -150.

they get penalised a fair bit, but they also dont get given any penalties for whatever reason.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 4:42 pm

The Refereeing has been of very low quality lately, but Badger has taken it to another level against us. Dreadful. Something really needs to be done for every teams sake.
I used to like Badger, but the last couple of years he's been awful with his calls. Looks so dodgy with that beard too. Wish he shave the ugly thing off. :x

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:08 pm

Newtown wrote:This Badger cheered on by the home crowd kept digging holes for our team right throughout the match.
He loves the attention the Badge doesn't he.. :evil:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:23 pm

simonthetiger wrote:JT handled it extremely well...

But Im sure he wasnt happy. Well not 100% but not far off.

But moaning about the refs makes ya look like a clown so good on him.
Yes, we have enough clowns... Hasler...Ricky.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:37 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

And how they can get away with such obvious favouritism like that is beyond me! Can't the powers that be see how unfair it is and how it gives one team no possible chance of winning? Yet these refs are not reprimanded or anything for performances like that. The only time they get reprimanded or dropped is when they make a howler of a mistake with tackle counts or forward passes etc, but never when they control the ruck so unequally. And as you say Tony, this is the area where more games are won or lost in the end.

Honestly, I have trouble watching the games these days because the refs are often so blatantly unfair and I just hate it that a third party can so easily influence who wins and who loses.
Totally agree Flip. Greenberg said refs are accountable for their mistakes. Personally i don't see it. Been held accountable means learning from your mistakes. They seem to just get worse, instead of improving.
Go figure.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 5:58 pm

A lot of (bad) high ranking referees appear to have a big ego and enjoy the fact that they themselves can control the outcome of a match.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:12 pm

As Taylor said in the press conference, you are going to get bad calls in every match, good teams get over it and move on. We lost the game when we switched off for 15 minutes, its that simple. We also have a spine that is struggling bar the no1 and that makes winning games near impossible. I also take a lot of heart out of the way the team is going this year,we have been in every match this year right down to the wire,so I expect things will get a lot better soon as the spine starts to click

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:22 pm

Tigermama wrote:
Flippedy wrote:
Tony33 wrote:I know the old saying goes "great teams can overcome adversity" but gee it would've taken a lot for any team to beat the warriors tonight with that reffing.

The two Vatuvei trys were key 50/50 moments that were always going to go there way. But it was soo much more than that.

We would tackle them and still be putting them down and Badger would call "move" before the tackle was complete. That's fine but then when we would attack he would let them slow us right down.

The difference in the ruck speed for both teams was massive and that was what killed us when they scored their 20 unanswered points. We couldn't stop it because the refs wouldn't let us compete in the ruck and they just kept breaking us.

Poor reffing doesn't always come down to a ruling on a forward pass or wrong video ref call. The ruck and 10m interpretations are massive and can sway a game in favour of one team depending on the referee's agenda.

The difference in ruck speed for both teams was immense and thats what ultimately cost us, even more so then the 2 Vatuvei controversial "trys".

Badger either had money on them or didn't want to spoil their party. I'm going with option B.

And how they can get away with such obvious favouritism like that is beyond me! Can't the powers that be see how unfair it is and how it gives one team no possible chance of winning? Yet these refs are not reprimanded or anything for performances like that. The only time they get reprimanded or dropped is when they make a howler of a mistake with tackle counts or forward passes etc, but never when they control the ruck so unequally. And as you say Tony, this is the area where more games are won or lost in the end.

Honestly, I have trouble watching the games these days because the refs are often so blatantly unfair and I just hate it that a third party can so easily influence who wins and who loses.
Totally agree Flip. Greenberg said refs are accountable for their mistakes. Personally i don't see it. Been held accountable means learning from your mistakes. They seem to just get worse, instead of improving.
Go figure.
And that's when Robbie needs to say something , even if it was after the 1st try

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:23 pm

supercoach wrote:As Taylor said in the press conference, you are going to get bad calls in every match, good teams get over it and move on. We lost the game when we switched off for 15 minutes, its that simple. We also have a spine that is struggling bar the no1 and that makes winning games near impossible. I also take a lot of heart out of the way the team is going this year,we have been in every match this year right down to the wire,so I expect things will get a lot better soon as the spine starts to click
We didnt switch off for 15 minutes.

The Warriors speed of the play the ball during that 15 minutes was ridiculous.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:31 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
supercoach wrote:As Taylor said in the press conference, you are going to get bad calls in every match, good teams get over it and move on. We lost the game when we switched off for 15 minutes, its that simple. We also have a spine that is struggling bar the no1 and that makes winning games near impossible. I also take a lot of heart out of the way the team is going this year,we have been in every match this year right down to the wire,so I expect things will get a lot better soon as the spine starts to click
We didnt switch off for 15 minutes.

The Warriors speed of the play the ball during that 15 minutes was ridiculous.
Thanks to Badger.. i wonder if he was given an invite for the party afterwards.. :?

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 6:54 pm

Tigermama,I think he catered for the party and wanted to make sure he got PAID... :shock:

:roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 7:50 pm

The refereeing is hitting new standards of crap in the Souths v Cowboys game. Something has to be done before the fans start walking away!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 7:54 pm

sheer64 wrote:The refereeing is hitting new standards of crap in the Souths v Cowboys game. Something has to be done before the fans start walking away!
Totally Agree.
It is pathetic, different game, different rules....

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 7:54 pm

sheer64 wrote:The refereeing is hitting new standards of crap in the Souths v Cowboys game. Something has to be done before the fans start walking away!
...and Souths get another call their way!
The no try to the Cowboys just before half time has to be a joke!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 7:57 pm

I turned it off... It was embarrassing watching those monkeys referee two different teams completely different.

WAKE UP NRL!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:00 pm

Sheer64,Cktiger,The obstruction rule is really starting to become a joke...the Cowboys deserved that try before halftime,Glen Stewart took a dive and was rewarded....

The referees certainly favour the pride of the league at the moment,the big loser will be rugby league as a whole if this crap continues..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:04 pm

I reckon that the refereeing is no where near as bad as some of the coaches and media make it out to be.
The fact that there is 100 cameras that catch everything in slow motion coupled with the subjective nature of rugby league rule interpretations makes it impossible for refs. It has also created a rod for the referees back by making them try and have finite black and white rule which creates confusing decisions. The fact that the commentators dont bother to research the rules and interpretations and carry on in the box hangs them out to dry. Rugby league culture with refs is terrible, they harp on every mistake, AFL, Union and Soccer they just move on.

All that said, we were on the wrong end of alot of 50/50's and it was frustrating, I think we were a little hard done by in the ruck at times, but as someone else said in the thread, we are likely to get a few go our way in the home games we have coming up.

I loved JT's response to the referee's question, that will instill discipline. I think that alot of the James Grahem and Dave Klemmer tirade (which was despicable) stems from the lack of respect that Hasler shows the refs. The Voldermont comments was just the tip of the iceberg. He uses it as a tactic to put pressure on the refs and deflect from his own teams deficiencies.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 13 Apr, 2015 8:16 pm

The refs at tonight's Rabbits Cowgirls match are hopeless