Death Riders and Negative Posters

Tigersmurf

Re: Death Riders and Negative Posters

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:43 pm

Markusdbr wrote:Just saw Taylor in press conference and he says think they played well poor defence first half. What chance do they have when the coach can't even recognise they through an amazing opportunity and lead away. Might as well bring back Pierce as coach as he had the same care factor that Taylor has
I have heard it all now...are you really saying Wayne Pearce didn't care about the Tigers?

That'll do me :deadhorse:

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:45 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Can we make a thread for people who can someone spin this one into a positive?
Only a politician can do that.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:50 pm

[quote="Markusdbr"]Just saw Taylor in press conference and he says think they played well poor defence first half. What chance do they have when the coach can't even recognise they through an amazing opportunity and lead away. Might as well bring back Pierce as coach as he had the same care factor that Taylor has[/quote

I don't take much notice of Coaches at Press Conferences anyway what they say is more than usually spin for the papers.
I especially dislike Coaches criticising players in public. The time for that is privately at training.
I hope that when JT gets these guys to training this week they he strips the paint off the wall with his spray.
This kind of display is what has been thrown up too often at W/Ts, and not much ever gets done about it. Most of us will remember too many days like it.
Let's hope that big contracts, koala Bear status, best mates and all the rest of it is forgotten when the team is picked this week and the only criteria is performance.
If they are not capable at this time. Then meet the reserves coach. Works well for most other teams.

grahamr

Post by grahamr » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:28 pm

After another effort of leading by a mile and getting run down I will not tip the Tigers to win another match this year!

What a disgraceful effort"..........they should be re-located

To Antarctica.

I have posted many times before how the hierarchy let players go.
Blake Austin played all over Moses who is NOT up to first grade standard and don't give me all the B.S that he is young, there are many younger than him playing first grade who are better and are worthy of 1st grade status......he is NOT...and Lawrence is as useless as an ash tray on a motorbike
Let's face reality...the Tigers are not a a first grade side, wait and look at the points against come September and maybe the board will see and listern

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:44 pm

chickenkebabs wrote:As I said on Twitter. If I stopped working after lunch I'd be on the dole quick. Blowing a 22 point lead is inexcusable. When we had the lead I was thinking theyre going to blow this, didn't think I'd be right.

The fact that you were thinking that they would blow such a good lead is the problem, chickenkebabs. I was thinking exactly the same thing because this team gives us fans absolutely no reason to think that they will carry on with the job for the full 80 minutes.

Now that my anger has died down a little bit, I can reason that the team is now performing more like the way I had expected them to perform, before the season even commenced. I think that the boys' above average performances in the first 4 rounds has given us supporters a false hope that this team is top 8 material when, in reality, they will struggle for consistency and probably end up losing more than they win throughout the season.

I know it really grinds my gears though - they did exactly the same thing at the beginning of last season, playing like world beaters in the first 7 rounds only to end up in a crumpled heap by season's end. Mate, I would much rather they play like busteds for the first 5 rounds and come flying home with a wet sail and compete in the finals, then give us this false sense of security that they are a good, strong team!

However, at the beginning of the year, JT did say not to expect too much from them in 2015, but to look towards the following 2 years and expect to see a huge improvement in the side, on a consistent basis. He said there will likely be some good wins and bad losses throughout the season because the nucleus of the team is still young and learning their trade. And let's face it, the whole culture of the place needed an overhaul and at least there are positive signs that this is happening - most importantly, far less injuries!

To keep ourselves from heart attacks and getting over the top angry when we lose so badly, I think it would be wise to remember JT's pre-season comments and not expect too much from them for the rest of this year. It's an unfortunate situation because I'm sure we all want them to hurry up and get on with being a top 4 side, but as they say, patience is a virtue :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:47 pm

Too many missed tackles & lacking impact off the bench.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:50 pm

It was all downhill after the last points we put on
Need some soul searching done in that dressing room today

Im usually not this harsh but like many fans, im really pissed off today the way they fell off

Against the warriors we praised them in a losing effort, today one word "disgraceful"

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:57 pm

Lawrence is a embarrassment but that has been the case for 3 years.

The fact he in on 500K plus a year makes it worse.

Its hard to build a great team when you have money tied up in blokes that became duds.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 7:59 pm

Why didnt you guys just stick to : "Death Riders and Negative Posters"

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=23839&p=584071#p584071

No need for another topic to start hate and display anger and frustration

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:05 pm

ive had to wait a few hours before coming on here to post. i said it after the bulldogs game, and it is no less my opinion now, that no team should ever lose after being more than 3 converted tries in front.
never.

i dont usually get overly emotional after a tigers loss (heaven knows we're used to it!) but today really really really annoyed me.

first half i thought brooks and tedesco were fantastic, and im not going to single them out for a quiet or poor second half. i even thought moses was going okay - for what he was doing anyway. i have no issues with lawrence or naqaima at all either and think it was a team capitulation rather than individuals letting them down.

i think a big factor was the "Robbie on the bench for 10 minutes after half time" tactic: it seems as though Taylor is treating every game for 10 minutes after half time as a preseason one, and it is not what the team needs. sure, bring the young halves along with progressively more responsibility but dont hang them out to dry like this! surely this is counter productive?!!

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:11 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Now that my anger has died down a little bit, I can reason that the team is now performing more like the way I had expected them to perform, before the season even commenced. I think that the boys' above average performances in the first 4 rounds has given us supporters a false hope that this team is top 8 material when, in reality, they will struggle for consistency and probably end up losing more than they win throughout the season.

I know it really grinds my gears though - they did exactly the same thing at the beginning of last season, playing like world beaters in the first 7 rounds only to end up in a crumpled heap by season's end. Mate, I would much rather they play like busteds for the first 5 rounds and come flying home with a wet sail and compete in the finals, then give us this false sense of security that they are a good, strong team!

However, at the beginning of the year, JT did say not to expect too much from them in 2015, but to look towards the following 2 years and expect to see a huge improvement in the side, on a consistent basis. He said there will likely be some good wins and bad losses throughout the season because the nucleus of the team is still young and learning their trade. And let's face it, the whole culture of the place needed an overhaul and at least there are positive signs that this is happening - most importantly, far less injuries!

To keep ourselves from heart attacks and getting over the top angry when we lose so badly, I think it would be wise to remember JT's pre-season comments and not expect too much from them for the rest of this year. It's an unfortunate situation because I'm sure we all want them to hurry up and get on with being a top 4 side, but as they say, patience is a virtue :roll:
i agree with pretty much all of this flip - it is very difficult to look back at the bigger picture in the heat of the moment after a game that they should never have lost.

and i posted a very similar sentiment to the bolded text at the beginning when everyone was doing cartwheels at the teams great performance. hopefully with more experience the team will get a winning mentality and be able to sustain it for an entire season, which takes maturity.

once i wait a few hours, and look back to my expectations and hopes for the team for 2015 though, it does make me remember that games like this throughout this season are exactly what was to be expected.

frustrating.

the catchphrase for this season is very reminiscent of sheens' tigers of the mid 2000s: "theyre going to have good days and bad days but thats the plan" type talk.

i think i see the tigers in a (strangely?!) similar vein to the people i love: they make you angry and frustrated but at the end of the day you forgive them and love them anyway!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:16 pm

#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:17 pm

stevetiger wrote:JT has no idea. Coming out and stating that defence would win that game is just another to add to his stupid comment list.
I suspect the Board will be expecting a lot more of him that throw away lines in post match conferences. Yes we all know an NRL game goes for 80 minutes including the players and let me tell you it was tough watching a handsome lead get whittled away to a humiliating loss and yes all in 80 minutes.

Twmba Tigerman

Post by Twmba Tigerman » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:21 pm

I signed up for membership this year thinking that it would be start of something in the long term. Actually signed the whole family up. today was an embarrassment. I am with Thaitiger on two fronts. Jack B makes far too many mistakes and needs to improve before he comes into the top level (bring in Lodge) and I have been faithful to Lawrence for so many years but its time to cut the noose and let him go. He is slow, has no impact and even his defence is past it. Saw an in and out on the opposite centre today that was about under 10's level and he got hammered. Either develop Nofo into a centre or move Kevin N into the centre and Nofo on the wing. Who gives a Rats if he is on 500 as they suggest. Send Lawrence back to park footy and cut him loose at the end of the year.
I am not sure what to do with Moses. I watched him in under 20's and at under 20's state of origin and he has potential but at what cost. God it hurts to be a tigers fan. I am also with Milky on these players laughing and patting their opposition on the back after game. Good sportmanship is required but at least hurt like the fans when the performance is disgraceful....................
"Bleeding Gold Black and White" to the end.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:24 pm

The easiest way to make fans unhappy is to lose games you possibly cant .

We did it against the Dogs and now today again

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:38 pm

grahamr wrote:After another effort of leading by a mile and getting run down I will not tip the Tigers to win another match this year!

What a disgraceful effort"..........they should be re-located

To Antarctica.

I have posted many times before how the hierarchy let players go.
Blake Austin played all over Moses who is NOT up to first grade standard and don't give me all the B.S that he is young, there are many younger than him playing first grade who are better and are worthy of 1st grade status......he is NOT...and Lawrence is as useless as an ash tray on a motorbike
Let's face reality...the Tigers are not a a first grade side, wait and look at the points against come September and maybe the board will see and listern
You have 17 posts to your name. Half of which sink the boot into Lawrence and the other half criticising the club in general. Unless of course you have been here previously under other usernames...

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:38 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Why didnt you guys just stick to : "Death Riders and Negative Posters"

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=23839&p=584071#p584071

No need for another topic to start hate and display anger and frustration
While I'm not death riding anyone, what is it that you want. Should we all ignore the elephants in the room , or should we all just ignore reality and sit around singing songs of praise about Wests Tigers team?????
It's pretty obvious what the main problems are.
And we can sit here and ignore them and tell each other what a great team we have when we come up with a win ( this has been the tried and true course of action at this club,as long as I can remember)
We are a forum of supporters and as such have differing opinions.

Mine wasn't been quite so negative until the last couple of weeks!. And for the first time I do now think that at least one of the halves needs to spend some time in the Reggies. Also , no matter what we are paying him it's time for Chris Lawrence to go. And I am genuinely sorry for what has happened to a really good person in Chris,
This is a professional sport, and we have to become professional too.

If Moses has to learn how to be a 5/8th then let him learn it in reserves . Then bring him up when he is showing a superiority to other players in that grade.

So some of us will continue to still call a spade a spade , while others will continue to call it an absolutely beautiful piece of Modern technology, but sorry it just doesn't work very well
Yet but we have a lot of people working on it so that it may be ready in four or five years

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 8:57 pm

Willow,I think grahamr ,is mad magpie...don't let him get to you......

Goldcoast,I love your opinion and respect them...take it from experience,be prepared to be shot down.... :)
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D