Positives

shakey4d

Positives

Post by shakey4d » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:57 pm

Oh another positive... With manly getting flogged we didnt get any closer to the spoon :p

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 10:59 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
krissy wrote:Lawrence had a great game. Moses seemed to have more confidence and made some courageous tackles. Teddy made some nice runs. Taupau was a machine as usual. Halatau played well.
A couple of negatives, Sue's tackle being put on report, call me one eyed but I thought there was nothing reportable in that tackle. Am I the only one that wants to cry every time they see Woods and Taupau on the bench at the same time? Seriously just stop taking them both off at the same time.
I have no problem with the penalty on sue's tackle , or on the report.
My problem is the inconsistency that it's applied

I want to see No contact at all , with the head , or neck, Careless , deliberate or accidental, I don't care which, and the onus should be on the tackler to make sure that he doesn't make contact
I believe that that was what was brought in a fair while back., but we are back where most tackles are some sort of contact with the neck or head, whether with an arm around the throat from behind , or the new one tonight that Miles used where he had both hands on one players head and used that to stop the player
There's no excuse for using a head or neck in a tackle at all. I'd just wish they'd get serious about this and be consistent with their rulings
It is a contact sport. Therefore there will be contact with the head which can be deemed accidental. If you want to remove it totally do what they did in the scrums and take away the contest in tackles. Referees are given high levels of technical support to identify accidental or deliberate. Careless, wreckless etc are just cope outs once they get to the grading, it is either accidental or deliberate at the time of the incident!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:05 pm

With a team full of kids and reserve grade players I don't know what else people expect?

The two centres have a long way to go before they are first grade standard, and our forward rotation is insane.

On the positive side, cherrington looked the goods, and they boys showed some fight to get back into the match when it looked all over.

I watched the game at a party with no volume, but from what I saw in mid way though the second half, we actually looked good throwing the ball around and marching through the middle. Just need to replicate that I suppose.

tottie

Post by tottie » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:14 pm

Abraham wrote:With a team full of kids and reserve grade players I don't know what else people expect?

The two centres have a long way to go before they are first grade standard, and our forward rotation is insane.

On the positive side, cherrington looked the goods, and they boys showed some fight to get back into the match when it looked all over.

I watched the game at a party with no volume, but from what I saw in mid way though the second half, we actually looked good throwing the ball around and marching through the middle. Just need to replicate that I suppose.

Well said, no one will acknowledge that out FG team is as good as an under 23 team playing against Men!!! The problem is we will be a gun side in 2017 if we can all wait that long and the players can too!!!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:16 pm

You can all book holiday's for September...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:21 pm

Tonight's positive... I paid for a GA ticket and had a choice of 5,000 gold seats to sit on... Thanks Mayer..

Next game at LO will be even better value with more choices

MightyTiger

Post by MightyTiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:21 pm

The biggest positives for me were;

1. Woods making over 200 metres, 30 odd tackles tried hard all night and ran strongly.

2. Tedesco his usual busy self

3. Big shout out to Lawrence. Looked threatening with the ball, ran hard, defended well. Love to see him make the 12 his.

4. Cherrington looks the goods. Few more first grade games this year and next with games in state cup should see him develop nicely. Hopefully we can keep him.

5. Taupau was quite first half. His second stint was aggressive, hard running and great to watch.

Now the sooner we get rid of Galloway, Hoeter, Milone, Richards, Halatua and recruit some top quality players the better.

But knowing the club they won't and will stick with the plodders!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:23 pm

Geo. wrote:You can all book holiday's for September...
Can't afford it , I blew all my spare change on a Wests Tigers membership

:roll

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

pacman

Post by pacman » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:25 pm

MightyTiger wrote:The biggest positives for me were;

1. Woods making over 200 metres, 30 odd tackles tried hard all night and ran strongly.

2. Tedesco his usual busy self

3. Big shout out to Lawrence. Looked threatening with the ball, ran hard, defended well. Love to see him make the 12 his.

4. Cherrington looks the goods. Few more first grade games this year and next with games in state cup should see him develop nicely. Hopefully we can keep him.

5. Taupau was quite first half. His second stint was aggressive, hard running and great to watch.

Now the sooner we get rid of Galloway, Hoeter, Milone, Richards, Halatua and recruit some top quality players the better.

But knowing the club they won't and will stick with the plodders!
Agree with everything but you forgot Lovett and Santi in your last point.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:27 pm

sheer64 wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
krissy wrote:Lawrence had a great game. Moses seemed to have more confidence and made some courageous tackles. Teddy made some nice runs. Taupau was a machine as usual. Halatau played well.
A couple of negatives, Sue's tackle being put on report, call me one eyed but I thought there was nothing reportable in that tackle. Am I the only one that wants to cry every time they see Woods and Taupau on the bench at the same time? Seriously just stop taking them both off at the same time.
I have no problem with the penalty on sue's tackle , or on the report.
My problem is the inconsistency that it's applied

I want to see No contact at all , with the head , or neck, Careless , deliberate or accidental, I don't care which, and the onus should be on the tackler to make sure that he doesn't make contact
I believe that that was what was brought in a fair while back., but we are back where most tackles are some sort of contact with the neck or head, whether with an arm around the throat from behind , or the new one tonight that Miles used where he had both hands on one players head and used that to stop the player
There's no excuse for using a head or neck in a tackle at all. I'd just wish they'd get serious about this and be consistent with their rulings
It is a contact sport. Therefore there will be contact with the head which can be deemed accidental. If you want to remove it totally do what they did in the scrums and take away the contest in tackles. Referees are given high levels of technical support to identify accidental or deliberate. Careless, wreckless etc are just cope outs once they get to the grading, it is either accidental or deliberate at the time of the incident!
A contact sport Yes, but not with the head or neck , the grading are fine, but the onus should still be on the tackler to leave a players head and neck alone ,
At the moment most tackles have someone putting a choke hold on in one way or another.
It's not necessary and against the rules
imo only most tackles around the head or neck are not accidental
It's surprising how easy it is to NOT tackle around the head if you don't want to.

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm

stevetiger wrote:I think that there were some positives. We actually had a go once we were behind.

I also thought Lawrence, Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Halatau and Taupau were really good.
You must have been watching a different game ? I can accept that Tedesco & Taupau tried, but the rest ? Moses & Brooks are 12 months ahead of their due date. Halatau is at least 12 months past his use by date!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:37 pm

Geo. wrote:You can all book holiday's for September...
I've got a permanent booking around those dates.
I'm making sure that I'm not going anywhere around June in 2017though, as I've been reliably told that we will have quite a few in the Origin side .
I'm sure I've been given accurate info

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:38 pm

Did anyone see what the crowd was ??

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:41 pm

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:47 pm

I found another one...Manly got pumped 44-10 by the Donk's and remain anchored at the bottom of the table
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:50 pm

If you throw Nofa and Simona into the centres tonight, we probably win the match.

Thing is, we have the most inexperienced side in the comp and no money to buy anyone better for the next year or so. People got excited after a few wins early in the season, but a couple of injuries to an already inexperienced side will result in a run of losses like we are seeing. It's not pretty, but that's reality.

And of those bagging Taylor, we have no choice but to ride it out and see where his master plan will take us. He won't going anywhere for the next few years, that's almost certain.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:51 pm

Geo. wrote:I found another one...Manly got pumped 44-10 by the Donk's and remain anchored at the bottom of the table
They'll still flog us !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 05 Jun, 2015 11:58 pm

Abraham wrote:If you throw Nofa and Simona into the centres tonight, we probably win the match.

Thing is, we have the most inexperienced side in the comp and no money to buy anyone better for the next year or so. People got excited after a few wins early in the season, but a couple of injuries to an already inexperienced side will result in a run of losses like we are seeing. It's not pretty, but that's reality.

And of those bagging Taylor, we have no choice but to ride it out and see where his master plan will take us. He won't going anywhere for the next few years, that's almost certain.

Reality is that club cannot afford to get wooden spoon. Finacial loss to club by loss of attendances ( which has already started ) sponsors & maketability of these future stars would be disasterous. ThereforeT aylor may get early flick for financial reasons alone.