happy tiger

Re: SACK TAYLOR NOW......

Post by happy tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 10:59 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
happy tiger wrote:This wasn't going to easy fixing all the issues at the club

We are just going to have to ride it out

Blame previous administrations and previous coaches (Sheens not Potter )

They created all this mess and the current admin is trying to do everything they can with what they have
It is never the current administrations fault with you is it Happy.

Never.
No

They've been in the job 7 months , they haven't had a chance to buy new players , work out who to keep and who to not keep .

Do you understand it will take at least 2 seasons for us to really judge them , as they have had no say as to what has happened in the past

The Cap mismanagement is so crucial in all this and has placed massive restrictions on us since 2012

How do YOU manage to place the blame on Taylor for that ??

I know how , because you have no bloody idea , that's why :brick:
Mate have a real good look around, there are about a 1000 people saying the same as i am.

What arrogance to say that all these loyal and passionate people have no bloody idea.
I'm not arguing they are not loyal and passionate

But if the are all agreeing with you , they are all wrong

But that's the problem in todays world , people want instant fixes to things that don't have instant solutions

The WT's aren't going to be a quick fix , its a massive job and will take time

Wouldn't matter whether it was Bennett ,Hasler ,Bellamy ,Toovey ,Robinson or Maguire

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:43 am

liltiger wrote:I won't tear you down bp I agree 100 percent
All I heard in the offseason by the so called experts is how Taylor is a great league tactician
With a footballing brain a good young coach with a huge future. All iv seen this year is how bloody useless he is. Next.
CORRECTION:

Half the off season.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:50 am

Snake wrote:
sideline eye wrote:Yeah, Toovey is great. Broncos 44, Manly 10.
Have a look at his real record if you are interested , he is the Potter of 2015 the knives are out.

And we don't want another Potter - do we?

We already had one - and didn't want him!

The grass is always greener for some people.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:53 am

Taylor doesn't have the cattle. The ones to blame are the people who did the recruiting which has resulted in us having such a poor roster on top of salary cap pressure.
We let the good players go and we have a bunch of reserve graders and somehow we have no money.
I don't know what the salary cap problems are but Taylor didn't get us into this mess.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:53 am

Pokies wrote:Totally clueless is old JT.
Ruining the development of our young players with this ridiculous game planning. Our future is totally buggered.
The current board have quickly shown their ineptness in football related matters by signing this imbecile as coach.
I thought last year was rock bottom, how wrong was I.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

and with respect - imo you are wrong again.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 11:59 am

Fumbles wrote:Taylor doesn't have the cattle. The ones to blame are the people who did the recruiting which has resulted in us having such a poor roster on top of salary cap pressure.
We let the good players go and we have a bunch of reserve graders and somehow we have no money.
I don't know what the salary cap problems are but Taylor didn't get us into this mess.
100% right fumbles. To get us out of this mess, the club has been left with no option but to build a competitive squad through a bunch of players in their early 20's. We have the youngest squad in the NRL and they are learning the hard way. Young, inexperienced players are inconsistent from game to game and even through a game.....this is plainly on show in our team.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:02 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:Surely the club wouldnt have signed a young coach on a 3 year contract without a couple of get out clauses.

Surely not after the Sheens fiasco.

Some of you guys just refuse to admit the coach is struggling.
He's not struggling - the players are struggling.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:11 pm

Worst coach in NRL is Ricky Stuart, yet he keeps his job and we sack coaches for the fun of it.

Unless we get a master coach like Wayne i dont like smiling Bennett we aint getting out of this hole.
Contrary to what people thought of Sheens, he was clever coach . Coaching the same team for 10 years was his downfall.
Just like Benji playing for us for 10 years had gone stale

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:15 pm

Russell wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:Surely the club wouldnt have signed a young coach on a 3 year contract without a couple of get out clauses.

Agree with this.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:19 pm

Taylor should be creating a game plan around the players at his disposal. It is no point bemoaning the fact he doesn't have the right players if we don't have the ability salary cap wise to change this for the entire length of time he is contracted!
Thus, you devise the game plan around what you have. Not what you want.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:27 pm

Well he ain't going anywhere, anytime soon.

But the way the team is travelling right now, he might have to modify his 'master plan' approach to keep some quarters a little bit happy and maintain the interest of the players because it definitely looks to be waning.

And the way he is coaching isn't working too well if defence is the focus. Even the commentators were giving it to us over the terrible defensive structure last night.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:31 pm

TrueTiger wrote:I have said before and I will say it again,even though some on this forum will shoot me down again....I will not buy into this so called defensive structure that must be strictly adhered to because that's what Taylor is building this teams strength on...it's a road of the teams demise if it continues the way it is going..for example the game tonight the WTs let in 3 soft trys the defense was pitiful,the left edge was pitiful,and don't say it was all Pattycakes fault because on a couple of occasions he had three opposition players to mark while Brooks and co were huddled and left a gap..where was the defensive structure then...I will tell you..theses young players are getting bored quicker than us the supporters and are probably sick of the same gameplan week after week...so what's my answer...here it is...when the young players played what was infront of them,we attacked and came up with points and a couple of disallowed trys,the effort was there for all to see....this is their game,as for defence you learn how to tackle and mark your man from an early age,if these guys don't know that by now,then Im afraid there is no hope for them at all...

Some on here will say that I have been negative toward Taylor's coaching,I don't care about his coaching CV,he is here for the duration because we can't afford anyone else or to pay him out..we are stuck with him and that's about that...he may surprise me with some different tactics and if he does good for him...I can see the team keep going backwards if Taylor keeps this crap up....when you have commentators such as Joey Johns saying "the young ones need to play what's infront of them" and our coach restricts them,then no wonder Johns is in the hall of fame and JT won't get to within a bulls roar of the hall of fame,then questions really have to be asked...Yes Iam disappointed with tonight's game and the result,however,I realise Simona and Noofa will inject some class and speed back in the team and Lawrence can stay in the backrow,he did extremely well tonight...

Just for the forumers who can't wait to tear into me I will say it again,this defensive structure is hurting the attacking potential of this team,I dare say if JT doesn't let them play to their game and that is what's infront of them,we may even lose the young guys to other clubs...Taylor must formulate a game plan other than what we have witnessed for weeks,for the good of the team and the good of the club that Iam very passionate about...
Ok TT I'll bite.

We scored enough points last night to win the game. Should also have been credited with the non obstruction try as well imo.
Did they score those tries with an attacking plan?, play what was in front of them? or was it a mirage?

We lost the game!

Now that must mean our defense let us down ( Taylor is not out there tackling for them), that either means they are not good enough (incapable), or they are not putting the defense structure that Taylor is teaching them into practice. Seizer walked through the gap between Woods and Sue, the gaps out wide - partly caused by Brooks going for decoys and Richards trying to cover for Hoeter's bad reads, positional play and inability at the moment to tackle let in a few more tries.

TT you have made the suggestion on here a few times - "let them play what is in front of them - even for a half a game." You and others should see from last night, that will not work. we end up getting into the roundabout again of " bugger the defense - we'll score more tries than you." We are trying to get away from this; IT WILL NOT WORK!

So it's back to working on defense - which is what JT is doing.

Give him a go for Gods sake. Half an off season, 13 games, no money to buy people and the necessity to let people go too early because of cash.

He is left with the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NRL ( probably ever).

You guys are the hardest markers in the world.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:31 pm

Russell wrote:

Like i said some of you guys just refuse to admit what is blatantly obvious.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 12:33 pm

We scored enough points last night to win the game. Should also have been credited with the non obstruction try as well imo.
Did they score those tries with an attacking plan?, play what was in front of them? or was it a mirage?

We lost the game!

Now that must mean our defense let us down ( Taylor is not out there tackling for them), that either means they are not good enough (incapable), or they are not putting the defense structure that Taylor is teaching them into practice. Seizer walked through the gap between Woods and Sue, the gaps out wide - partly caused by Brooks going for decoys and Richards trying to cover for Hoeter's bad reads, positional play and inability at the moment to tackle let in a few more tries.

TT you have made the suggestion on here a few times - "let them play what is in front of them - even for a half a game." You and others should see from last night, that will not work. we end up getting into the roundabout again of " bugger the defense - we'll score more tries than you." We are trying to get away from this; IT WILL NOT WORK!

So it's back to working on defense - which is what JT is doing.

Give him a go for Gods sake. Half an off season, 13 games, no money to buy people and the necessity to let people go too early because of cash.

He is left with the youngest and most inexperienced team in the NRL ( probably ever).

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:04 pm

Does anyone know how to find out the combined number of first grade games of our team last night vs competition?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:05 pm

I think a really simple way to alleviate a lot of the problems that we face as a team defence wise, is to get the kicking game and chase right. Both of which have never been so bad as far as I can remember. Forget the bombs unless they're prepared to chase well, hit the grass, the in goal and corners and you're halfway there. But our chase needs to at least exist. Can't these clowns see that it's better to defend near the opponents line rather than have them starting their set at their 30 or 40 meter line?

MAFIA

Post by MAFIA » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:30 pm

Ok let's sack him now yeah he is a dud coach no game plan blah blah blah, so where do we get our next coach from or better still where do we get the Money to not only pay out Taylor but to pay the new Coach also, fair dinkum imo Taylor is struggling no doubt about it the youngest side in tigers history a salary cap that got blown out by PREVIOUS Administrations letting go of players who were taking up space in the cap re Blair, Austin and others. If you look at where the kids come from U20 it's no wonder they can't bloody tackle that comp is a touch football comp, Taylor is doing ok atm do I hate losing yes but I will give him till October next year before I call for his sacking

Mafia

Jerry Seinfeld

Post by Jerry Seinfeld » Sat 06 Jun, 2015 1:34 pm

MAFIA wrote:Ok let's sack him now yeah he is a dud coach no game plan blah blah blah, so where do we get our next coach from or better still where do we get the Money to not only pay out Taylor but to pay the new Coach also, fair dinkum imo Taylor is struggling no doubt about it the youngest side in tigers history a salary cap that got blown out by PREVIOUS Administrations letting go of players who were taking up space in the cap re Blair, Austin and others. If you look at where the kids come from U20 it's no wonder they can't bloody tackle that comp is a touch football comp, Taylor is doing ok atm do I hate losing yes but I will give him till October next year before I call for his sacking

Mafia

Your best post ever. :sign: