8 thoughts from last night's game..

goldcoast tiger

Re: 8 thoughts from last night's game..

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 12:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:Happy It's okay to say " it's time to change" but that's only if you are changing to something Better
all ANY of us can go on is what we see on the field.
Can you honestly say ( going purely on what you've seen on the field. And leaving out your blind faith in JT,) that after having an off season and half of a full season of games , that
Taylorball is improving the team at all?????
In our family there is three generations of WT and before that West supporters and not one of us has even considered bailing on the club, but everyone of the six adults agree that it is not worth the time and effort to watch them either live or on TV, while they are not interested in playing football
Can you seriously say that there is an improvement in any aspect of our games????

He's taken a team who could still attack a bit and we now have a team that can't defend any better but can now hardly attack at all , even against the other Cellar dwellers
Most games we've played we've relied on a couple of individual efforts for any spark at all,

Yes it's time to change. For Taylor to change his approach and admit that this kids game plan Is worthless, not to mention badly executed and start to coach the players he has, ( not the ones he wants), if he can't do that then we will see more of a drop off in support and attendances, which will probably flow on to Sponsors as well
If we've dropped to a new low already how far lower can we go with his stubborn ideas
If the team could do both attack like there's no tomorrow and defend like fiends don't you think that JT would let them do it

Does anyone truly believe that Taylor really wants this heat on him so early on ??

Have they proven at all bar the Saints game they can do both on a consistent basis ??

Again this still comes down to people wanting to see the pretty WT's

If we win games 1-0 and 2-0 and 6-4 I couldn't care less

If winning ugly in the end is what we have to do to get wins , then that is what we have to do

The players are to blame in this , and in particular our middle third , the minute they start winning the forward battle up front defensively this will change

But we give up field position too easily and are playing off the back foot

What supporters want to see is us trying to run the ball to get out of trouble

That doesn't work , people need to accept that

If we want to reach the top echelon of clubs we have to change

I want us to reach the top echelon of clubs

Because if we don't at some stage , we will be gone Eventually if the game wants to expand Sydney clubs will have to go , the crowds are proof of that

If you look at it objectively and you were the NRL CEO who would you remove or ask to relocate from Sydney at the moment ??

If you chose 3 the Tigers have to be one of them
Who said anything about the attack you describe? Or the defence you mention
What I said was that they could attack a bit , but now we have a team that also has problems attacking , and after all this time still can't defend any better.We were soft before he came ,and we are still soft.

I agree that we need change , but as I asked in my post. Purely on what you've seen on the field ( taking away your faith in Taylor, ) can you seriously say we are any better now?

And while I'm on it , what makes you ,and some others that have this faith in him , think he is capable of improving anything ( on the field)
I'd honestly be interested to see if you've seen something on the field in our games that I've missed , that would make you so sure that Taylor is the answer to any of our problems.

I agree that the whole club has to improve, but there is nothing at all that he has done that shows that he is the one who can do it.
The only thing is that he , or more so , the people he has brought in , may have been responsible for a better injury situation . We don't however know how much luck or better staff has caused this.
Also as I said he needs to start making full use of the players he has instead of ringing Radio stations to make excuses.
Coach what he's got , then when he gets the players he wants (if he ever does)coach what he has then.
Because it appears that he will bore the life out of the players as well as most of the supporters if he is too stubborn and persists with this murdering of what was already a shaky team

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 1:24 pm

Bottom line is only a blind person might argue that we are on the road to greatness in this moment in time.
We were doing better playing under Potter.

We have been made to believe that we are investing on all these kids on the basis that they will be Stars.
Going by our squad and what we have let go in Austin and Blair that we have committed a lot of money on these kids that we are resting all our hopes on.
We were doing better last year with a heavier injury toll.

I don't think us fans and paid Members would mind so much loosing if we could see signs that there is better things to come but all we were told was don't expect any signings till 2017.

Patience is a Virtue some would say but Patience runs very thin after awhile.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 3:23 pm

God! Go away for a week and come back to the same old whingeing.

"Buy more players ( no matter who they are ), change the coach, change the Board, change everything!!!!. But hang on, don't change the tactics that have served us so well for the past 10 years. Oh no"

The definition of an idiot is someone who does the same thing over and over again and expects a different result.

Get over yourselves. Let the coach do his job over the next 18 months and then we shall see what we see.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 4:46 pm

magpiecol wrote:God! Go away for a week and come back to the same old whingeing.

"Buy more players ( no matter who they are ), change the coach, change the Board, change everything!!!!. But hang on, don't change the tactics that have served us so well for the past 10 years. Oh no"

The definition of an idiot is someone who does the same thing over and over again and expects a different result.

Get over yourselves. Let the coach do his job over the next 18 months and then we shall see what we see.
Then why are you whinging that other people are whinging, if you don't want to read anyone else's opinion the don't read it ,
I have never said , sack the Coach, only because we can't afford to, but he needs help somehow.

You might notice though , that your definition of an idiot, describes Taylor perfectly. And I think you are right.

People who know a lot more than I do , have already spoken about his inability to change , or admit he's wrong.
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:10 pm

By the way Col, seeing as you support JT so loudly , maybe you could answer the same question I asked Happy,?
Do you honestly believe we have improved on the field under Taylor. and what makes you so sure that he will be able to make us a better team . And what have you seen on the field that would give you that opinion. I'm not talking about " well we need to change" or other general platitudes , I'm talking about what have you seen?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:18 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:By the way Col, seeing as you support JT so loudly , maybe you could answer the same question I asked Happy,?
Do you honestly believe we have improved on the field under Taylor. and what makes you so sure that he will be able to make us a better team . And what have you seen on the field that would give you that opinion. I'm not talking about " well we need to change" or other general platitudes , I'm talking about what have you seen
At the moment we are taking steps forwards in one sense and taking steps backwards in another

Everyone seems concerned about our attack , don't be , its still there its just taking a back seat for the defence

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:By the way Col, seeing as you support JT so loudly , maybe you could answer the same question I asked Happy,?
Do you honestly believe we have improved on the field under Taylor. and what makes you so sure that he will be able to make us a better team . And what have you seen on the field that would give you that opinion. I'm not talking about " well we need to change" or other general platitudes , I'm talking about what have you seen
At the moment we are taking steps forwards in one sense and taking steps backwards in another

Everyone seems concerned about our attack , don't be , its still there its just taking a back seat for the defence

I wouldn't say back seat , more like we've missed the bus altogether !
This season is a written off already ... And what for ??

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:33 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

We were more than likely a bottom 4 side anyway Hobbo

Better to be set up for the future wouldn't you think ??

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
"goldcoast tiger" wrote:By the way Col, seeing as you support JT so loudly , maybe you could answer the same question I asked Happy,?

I had us finishing 10th -11th ....
But whatever you reckon ..
We have bigger issues than Defence IMO .

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:43 pm

Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost. Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 6:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:

No I'm concerned about both our defence and
Our attack.
So your reason that you have seen from our games , is to not worry about our attack cause it's still there, and we're taking steps backwards and forwards , hardly an objective reason to have the confidence you have about Taylor . In other words it is just a feeling you have about His coaching, as there is nothing concrete that you have said that could be a pointer to us getting better. . I don't mean to belittle your answer by any means, it's just that I was genuinly interested in the reason that you support Taylor. And whether it was because of anything specific that you'd seen.
But it seems that there is no reason except a feeling, and that's fine , the questions answered,

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 6:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

But what makes you so sure that we are being set up for anything except another disaster???
That's what I was asking, what have you seen that makes you think that???

Tigerheart_returns

Post by Tigerheart_returns » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 6:48 pm

Yossarian wrote:Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost."

Uhm...isn't one of the tasks for a coach to teach his team how to close out games? Remember, this is the same coach who lives and dies by "defense"...

Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.
To quote him, after round 11... "We get that chance in what we do over the next 13 games. These 11 games have been a big learning curve for us but what we with the next 13 are really important. People will know and will see in probably another six games where we are heading as a team. " - We are now in round 13...and people have seen and commented..

So not quite the long term view we think, is it?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 6:51 pm

Yossarian wrote:Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost. Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.
It would be nice if we could bank "if's'.
if both Brooks and Moses could only both have a big game together. We would probably play a lot better ,
If Anastas field could have only missed in 2011( I think it was) we may have ended up winning another GF. Both if's

maybe Taylor shouldn't bother turning up at training this year, if we are only going to worry about 2016/17
He's coaching now , whether we like it or not, and has to accept that he is responsible for whatever game plan that the team play to, or to get rid of any one who can't play to that plan, but that won't happen.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 9:53 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Well if Luke Brooks passes the ball when he makes the break at 20-19 we probably win and it's a different narrative this week. Not his fault but there have been a stack of games this year we've been in the game with 5-10 minutes to go and lost. Taylor for better or worse clearly has a more long-term view of things than a lot of us on this forum and he's going to be judged on what happens 2016-17 than 2015.
It would be nice if we could bank "if's'.
if both Brooks and Moses could only both have a big game together. We would probably play a lot better ,
If Anastas field could have only missed in 2011( I think it was) we may have ended up winning another GF. Both if's

maybe Taylor shouldn't bother turning up at training this year, if we are only going to worry about 2016/17
He's coaching now , whether we like it or not, and has to accept that he is responsible for whatever game plan that the team play to, or to get rid of any one who can't play to that plan, but that won't happen.
Well you can't have a 2 year plan without year 1. Anyway the point I was making was that we're not that far off winning games; yes I know that doesn't count but it's not like we're getting lapped or a long way off the pace. Compared to 2001-2003 this is a golden age...

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:03 pm

Tigerheart_returns wrote:Supporting rugby league teams are like marriages , you support them through thick and thin ,in sickness and health , til death do you part

You don't get divorced or ask for a trial separation at the first sign of trouble
Notwithstanding that this is definitely not the first sign of trouble (we are after all more than a few weeks into the competition), this is not about supporting the club - it is about not supporting the coach. I love my team, but I don't have to like their coach! And if we (the fans) were the only ones complaining, as important as it is to guarantee the longevity of the club, there are many more 'experts" out there who, strangely enough, seem to agree with the general view that there is an issue with the way the team is being coached. The reality of today is that as much as people talk about the long term view, unless you deliver at least something now, you are not really in the race.[/quote]

Nicely put Tigerheart. Agree with you!

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm

Can't think of 8 points after being at that game, another blur, one thing though, will we win eight games this year? quite depressing really.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm

red dogg wrote:I'd like to add
-Marty taupau needs to play 70mins or just play up front with 8 or 10 on his back....
-charrington needs to play, Farah has to play 80mins so he needs to move to play to 13 or in the halves when charrington is on.
-Our back rowers need to run at opp halves, front rower bash and barge hit ups for a mid field bomb is too predictable and sucking the life out of us.
-He might need to consider Tedesco defending on the wing or the front line as opp sides are taking him out of the game with great kicking games....
-On kicking games, we have the WORST...... For a former halfback as a coach i would of thought we would be great.... Only Robbie can kick 40-20's and put the ball in goal for repeat sets, why are we not getting any better at this as the weeks roll on.
Our halfs kicking game is terrible... Soooo disapointing. :(