WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

•  Recent Topics
TrueTiger

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 18 Jun, 2015 1:36 pm

Well I don't care who plays and who doesn't,I think the team can play well without Robbie and their attitude was awesome on Friday night....

WESTS Tigers are showing $2.85 head to head at the moment and I will have some of that....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 18 Jun, 2015 7:18 pm

'ROBBIE Farah, who carried a shoulder injury into Origin and played with painkillers, has ruled himself out of Friday’s clash against Manly'
- The Daily Telegraph
June 18, 2015 4:56PM
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

stevied

Post by stevied » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 6:38 pm

Can someone please explain to me why Jack Buchanan keeps getting a spot on the Tigers bench or extended bench. I have watched him on numerous occasions and each time he appears ponderous and out of his depth. He is slow, shows little or no ball skill and doesn't bend the line. Surely we would be better to blood a younger, faster and, ultimately more effective, player from the lower grades. We have to avoid rewarding mediocrity. It's bad enough starting with Galloway, who is similarly ineffective and clearly over the hill. I don't mean to seem negative as I'm sure Buchanan's a nice guy, but the team needs more energy, not less.....

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 6:49 pm

Team confirmed, game on folks:

1. James Tedesco
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. David Nofoaluama
4. Tim Simona
5. Pat Richards
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods (capt.)
9. Dene Halatau
10. Keith Galloway
11. Kyle Lovett
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Martin Taupau

Interchange:
14. Ava Seumanufagai
15. Matthew Lodge
16. Brenden Santi
17. Manaia Cherrington

willow

Post by willow » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 6:51 pm

stevied wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Jack Buchanan keeps getting a spot on the Tigers bench or extended bench. I have watched him on numerous occasions and each time he appears ponderous and out of his depth. He is slow, shows little or no ball skill and doesn't bend the line. Surely we would be better to blood a younger, faster and, ultimately more effective, player from the lower grades. We have to avoid rewarding mediocrity. It's bad enough starting with Galloway, who is similarly ineffective and clearly over the hill. I don't mean to seem negative as I'm sure Buchanan's a nice guy, but the team needs more energy, not less.....
I don't know what games you have been watching this year but Galloway is hardly ineffective.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 6:57 pm

willow wrote:
stevied wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Jack Buchanan keeps getting a spot on the Tigers bench or extended bench. I have watched him on numerous occasions and each time he appears ponderous and out of his depth. He is slow, shows little or no ball skill and doesn't bend the line. Surely we would be better to blood a younger, faster and, ultimately more effective, player from the lower grades. We have to avoid rewarding mediocrity. It's bad enough starting with Galloway, who is similarly ineffective and clearly over the hill. I don't mean to seem negative as I'm sure Buchanan's a nice guy, but the team needs more energy, not less.....
I don't know what games you have been watching this year but Galloway is hardly ineffective.
We've definitely looked better with Keithy playing. Hes not quick but he tightens up the ruck & is never dominated. Absolutely loved his chase last week when Souths broke away from their line. Hope his attitude is the same tonight!

RE: Buchanan, I think its because he is one of the standout forwards from our NSW cup team. If there is someone with a better all-round game then I'm sure they'd be promoted ahead of him.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 7:26 pm

Very heavy track should play into our hands....not real confident as its at Brookie but hoping we can put in a real good 80 mins

ashman

Post by ashman » Fri 19 Jun, 2015 7:35 pm

I think we will really miss Sue tonight. I know Woodsy is back but having Sue on bench or even starting for Galloway would keep up the aggression and forward momentum to really play it through the middle. I hope Woodsy still got some petrol and can fire up tonight. Big ask but being captain we need him setting the platform

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0