Milone

Russell

Re: Milone

Post by Russell » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:09 pm

pacman wrote:Pretend Milone is injured! That way the NRL will probably allow an exemption to play Seve. As for Lovett he is a coaches pet, they can easily get rid of him but the coach is a stubborn fool. Funaki or Akauola can't be any worse and I believe they are both in the extended NRL squad.
In your opinion.

I think they are a lot worse. Akauola is hopeless and been tried before.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:38 pm

Russell your blind admiration is getting too much. I haven't seen Akaoula this year so can't comment if he deserves a chance. But from what I have seen of both Akaoula and Lovett in the top grade Akauola kills him. Strong, powerful, fast (for a backrower) and can offload. Any backrower that can play wing like he did last year has earn my respect but sadly not Taylors
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 8:56 pm

I don't like to continue to stick the boot into anyone, especially a young bloke who has a reputation as a guy who works really hard and is a coaches dream, however I think he is really out of his depth.
he did have a couple nice touches really early, but he let us down from the point he bombed the try. The unnecessary 5th tackle penalty and lack of awareness on the Glen unders line for the try being the worst moments

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:30 pm

pacman wrote:Pretend Milone is injured! That way the NRL will probably allow an exemption to play Seve. As for Lovett he is a coaches pet, they can easily get rid of him but the coach is a stubborn fool. Funaki or Akauola can't be any worse and I believe they are both in the extended NRL squad.
Taylor doesn't rate either player. As for Pat Milone and Lyle Lovett, damn me those boys are out of their depth.

CrouchingTiger2041

Post by CrouchingTiger2041 » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 10:50 pm

Time to blood in Seve on left centre & Simmona left wing lethal combination, and the right centre nofa, & right wing kev. That's how the backline should be, take a note of this coach.

krayola

Post by krayola » Sun 19 Jul, 2015 11:39 pm

He's a walking target. No need to scout any other area of our defense if you're the opposition - do teams even run at the other side of our defensive line when he's playing?

Every time he's played he's been out of his depth. Yeah, he's willing and so are Santi, Buchanan and Lovett but none would get consistent selection at a remotely successful club. The effort is only useful if you have a remarkable skill to complement it or to make up for your shortcomings and none of these guys do at the moment.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 1:31 am

WT are known as a club that have good up and coming juniors, coming through the system.
We lack depth in positions we need to fill unfortunately. (Centre, Back and Front row etc)
Hence we play Milone,Buchanan,Lovett.
Last edited by Tigermama on Mon 20 Jul, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 7:22 am

willow wrote:
Taylor doesn't rate either player.

And that right there is something he cant blame on previous administration or salary cap on. These are Jason Taylor's decisions.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 7:29 am

ricksen wrote:I feel sorry for him out there tbh.
Surely Lulia is in our top 25?
Experienced NRL and Super League player. Reasonable tall, solid and although not quick can find the line. He has also over come adversity so you would think is of strong will.

We mightnt have the best depth around but this guy should have at least been considered by now.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 7:52 am

Stuff the cap situation - the club needs to show what a farce it is by picking some players outside the 25 if necessary - take the fine and make a huge media whinge about it - maybe then something will be done about the joke it is.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 8:45 am

LOL,
Nathan Milone re-signs until 2017....

Can see that coming.
Worst move.

He's garbage.
Is he even fit enough to play 80 minutes?
He looked smashed out there.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

smithy

Post by smithy » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 8:52 am

if milone,buchanan and Lovett are re-signed for next year I wont renew my membership.it hurts to say it but after 16 years of paying good money to support my team its time to do something else.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 9:15 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
ricksen wrote:I feel sorry for him out there tbh.
Surely Lulia is in our top 25?
Experienced NRL and Super League player. Reasonable tall, solid and although not quick can find the line. He has also over come adversity so you would think is of strong will.

We mightnt have the best depth around but this guy should have at least been considered by now.
Milone's position is untenable tbh, so it has to happen.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 9:28 am

smithy wrote:if milone,buchanan and Lovett are re-signed for next year I wont renew my membership.it hurts to say it but after 16 years of paying good money to support my team its time to do something else.
That says alot and I don't blame you mate.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:07 am

Pretty sure Milone's contracted for next season. Was in 20s last year so most likely signed a 2 year deal for nsw cup.

Milone's a passenger, and it simply looks like he may not be in our future whatsoever. AM still yet to see him play a good game in 30 odd matches.

Seve and Heleta are younger (not by much though) but have a heap more potential to fill a void in either the short or long term. Both have committed to the club and one should be given their chance in the next week or two!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:09 am

When you're dead last you're going to have pluggers like Milone, Lovett and Siro. Its the nature of the beast when you have no money and no hope. Get use to it.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:04 am

He is not as bad as Lovett

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:09 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
willow wrote:
Taylor doesn't rate either player.

And that right there is something he cant blame on previous administration or salary cap on. These are Jason Taylor's decisions.
And hasnt he made some dumb ones
Like moving Lovett to centres instead of CL
Well done Master Coach
I dont think being smart is listed in the job ad when we are looking for a coach

Loses all respect and credibility from me anyway