Taylor happy with the effort for the 80

TrueTiger

Re: Taylor happy with the effort for the 80

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 9:01 am

supercoach wrote:Its all about completions, the first half of the season they were playing Taylorball,one out stuff and a bomb,yes they completed but they could not score a point now he has them playing attacking football and they can hardly complete a set. I just do not understand how these guy train for 10 months a year and are so poor at the basic skills of the game, but I guess when your confidence is shot your game is shot
Their confidence is shot because they can't quite get used to stepping up to NRL,big difference from playing at age group level,it's harder,tougher and not much margin for error..last night they made huge errors and were penalised by a much more maligned and tough football team with plenty of experienced hard heads to contend with..

Once again this is a learning curve to the much more Proffessional and tough arena of NRL..
When you make an error as basic as it could be,such as forward pass or simple fumble of the ball,the tough experienced teams will absolutely crucify you...this is what most of our young team have to learn to become a competitive unit...the other thing is our young halves love to try and create flair in attack,but overplaying their hands gets them in trouble in more ways than one,once again,lack of experience at this level...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 9:28 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:TITG,I said one day Lovett and Buchanan may become NRL standard...I didn't say they would be good first graders...when Marty come to us he was a state cupper not wanted by the dogs,look at his playing standard now,and he is a bit more experienced than the other two..

Marty always had potential.

No comparison.

They will never be internationals.

They will never be anything more than bit players.
Think of it as an empathetic "OH MAN" factor. (bear with me here) :mrgreen:

If Lovett, Buchanan, and Taupau lined up in another team AGAINST the Tigers - you wouldn't say "OH MAN, Not Kyle Lovett and Jack Buchanan!"

You would however say "Oh man, Marty Taupau again!"

Therein lies the difference.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 9:38 am

I remember in round 1, Brad Arthur at his press conference was filthy with the way Parra played, and they'd just beaten Manly by 30. This clown will praise them after a 30 point loss.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:00 am

underdog wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:TITG,I said one day Lovett and Buchanan may become NRL standard...I didn't say they would be good first graders...when Marty come to us he was a state cupper not wanted by the dogs,look at his playing standard now,and he is a bit more experienced than the other two..

Marty always had potential.

No comparison.

They will never be internationals.

They will never be anything more than bit players.
Think of it as an empathetic "OH MAN" factor. (bear with me here) :mrgreen:

If Lovett, Buchanan, and Taupau lined up in another team AGAINST the Tigers - you wouldn't say "OH MAN, Not Kyle Lovett and Jack Buchanan!"

You would however say "Oh man, Marty Taupau again!"

Therein lies the difference.

OH MAN!

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:00 am

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
jadtiger wrote:At the halfway mark of the season taylor said we would win more matches than we lost from there.At the moment we are 1-5 yes last night was a little better but still not good enough,i am totally fed up with his complete incompetence as a coach and his spin and lies

I remember him saying this.

Was a typical Taylor comment that had a swipe at Potters team and the way they finished the year. He offered himself and his coaching up as the answer.

Karma can be pretty unforgiving sometimes.
I seem to remember this, but can't find it.
Do you have a link?

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:03 am

ricksen wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:
jadtiger wrote:At the halfway mark of the season taylor said we would win more matches than we lost from there.At the moment we are 1-5 yes last night was a little better but still not good enough,i am totally fed up with his complete incompetence as a coach and his spin and lies

Was a typical Taylor comment that had a swipe at Potters team and the way they finished the year. He offered himself and his coaching up as the answer.

Do you have a link?
Pretty sure it was in that mid year review type interview he gave. Should be on the Wests Tigers site in the video section.

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:20 am

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:29 am

smithy wrote:no tonight he looked different...totally stressed with breaks between some of his comments.
He looked like he could shed a tear and I could have raised down and give him my tissues but there were no left.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:30 am

Here we go:

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... th_ja.html
Having said that, from about now until the end of the season last year was really poor from a defensive perspective. While we are only just ahead on last year at the moment defensively, the remainder of the year is where we get to make our biggest inroads. It’s where we get the chance to really prove that we are heading in the right direction and that we are taking the team in a direction that is going to have us competitive, and I mean genuinely competitive and competing for top eight and then top four positions. We get that chance in what we do over the next 13 games. These 11 games have been a big learning curve for us but what we with the next 13 are really important. People will know and will see in probably another six games where we are heading as a team. I’m hopeful that it’s going to be clearly an improvement but it’s not easy, this is not easy, we are comparing ourselves to ourselves because that’s all we can do and the facts are that in the last 15 years as far as semi-finals go, we have been the worst performing Club. We have made the semi-finals less than every other Club in the competition over the last 15 years which is the term that we have been in the competition. We need to change that; it starts with toughening up, it’s starts with defending tougher and for longer periods - for 80-minute periods, it’s as simple as that. Once we get that happening we will see some of our attack come back into our game, I’m not saying that you won’t see our attack next game, we are still working hard on our attack but I’m not shying away from this defensive emphasis because the reason we have performed so poorly over those 15 years has been because our defence just hasn’t been good enough.
We've played 7 games since then and gone 1-6.
126 points for, 201 against. Average of 18 and 28.7 respectively.
If this is where 'we're heading as a club', consider me very concerned.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 10:49 am

TrueTiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:Its all about completions, the first half of the season they were playing Taylorball,one out stuff and a bomb,yes they completed but they could not score a point now he has them playing attacking football and they can hardly complete a set. I just do not understand how these guy train for 10 months a year and are so poor at the basic skills of the game, but I guess when your confidence is shot your game is shot
Their confidence is shot because they can't quite get used to stepping up to NRL,big difference from playing at age group level,it's harder,tougher and not much margin for error..last night they made huge errors and were penalised by a much more maligned and tough football team with plenty of experienced hard heads to contend with..

Once again this is a learning curve to the much more Proffessional and tough arena of NRL..
When you make an error as basic as it could be,such as forward pass or simple fumble of the ball,the tough experienced teams will absolutely crucify you...this is what most of our young team have to learn to become a competitive unit...the other thing is our young halves love to try and create flair in attack,but overplaying their hands gets them in trouble in more ways than one,once again,lack of experience at this level...
Benji has tons of experience and he still overplays his hand TT. Some never learn. Hope our halves will. And soon. :|

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:07 am

Well Taylor's game plan would of not been to difficult as he knows the structures the Roosters play .

The effort was there but by gee we play some real dumb Footy , the mistakes from Brooks and Moses was Park Footy stuff.

The only positive i can think off is hopefully the exposure of playing 1st Grade from all our kids being good or bad at the moment will hold them in good stead in years to come .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:26 am

Maybe the defence was good for a lot of the game but the game is also about attack. In my watching of rugby league for many years I think we have no attacking game plan apart from 5 hit ups and a bomb.

The only time we have looked any good the last 2 weeks was when Cherrington was on the field for about 15-20 minutes each game.

I wanted Jason Taylor as coach but now I am sure he is not good enough, I would rather sack him at the end of this year than have another 1-2 seasons of this. Some times you just have to admit you hired the wrong person, let them go and move on.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 11:51 am

No, sometimes you have to wait until the cash is freed up and then purchase to fill the gaps. Look at Bennett at the Knights, similar position with old players and he could do nothing with the squad he had.

Who would take the job on the money offered if the last three predecessors were sacked before their contracts ended.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:19 pm

I cant fathom why he would be happy with 43 missed tackles; and an 11-5 penalty count. Add to the fact we had to kick for field position twice as often as the Roosters and our 'amazing' kicking winger punted the ball out of the park twice from restarts.

Hopefully we can also put to rest the delusional theory Kevin is a Centre. If the bloke struggles on the Wing, he is no chance defending in the hardest position to defend on the park?!

Aaron Woods - His game has changed since SOO2. Less hit-ups, less tackles and more grubby stuff. Is he listening to 'other' coaches rather than our own?

Where the hell is Fine; Lodge; Akouala & Funaki... Oh thats right, they create second phase play and have no place in the NRL?! :?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:33 pm

smithy wrote:no tonight he looked different...totally stressed with breaks between some of his comments.
Don't think it was stress at all - I think it was anger and he was keeping it under control.

Anger because we should have won, anger because of the stupid things we did, dropped balls, bad decisions, stupid penalties and 2 kicks out on the fall.

As he said if you get beat by a better side - that is one thing.
When you are good enough, should have won and blew it - that is another.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:42 pm

Tiger In The Gong wrote:
ricksen wrote:
Tiger In The Gong wrote:

Do you have a link?
Pretty sure it was in that mid year review type interview he gave. Should be on the Wests Tigers site in the video section.
Taylor seems to say anything that he thinks will take the pressure off him for another week.
I sort of almost felt sorry for him at last nights presser. When he was talking about his disappointment . Then I remembered I'd heard it all before.
Also, he's the Coach, he's the one who refuses to drop any of the "chosen Ones", no matter what they do. He is the only one who can change things.
He's the one being paid good money each week to come up with the answers.
He's the one who said that he could work with and improve the team.
He's no more disappointed than most of us are, so JT , if this is the best you can do, then at least admit that you are out of your depth , and resign , and let someone else come in . They couldn't be any worse , and may have the guts to let the team know, if they don't perform, someone else gets the jumper
This team is the most cosy place for under performers that I've ever seen
Even Woodsie looked like he was not that interested last night.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:42 pm

Droppy wrote:Is this guy for real? We lose by 25 points, last placed on table, guarenteed wooden spoon and he says "i was pleased how we went tonite". Please, we need him gone asap or this club will never recover from this depth. We will lose any decent players we have (I know there are'nt many) and will not be able to recruit any decent players. He is clueless !
Not wooden spoon

Eels will loose points- guaranteed.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:43 pm

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:They defended ok in my opinion but let in 33. Rorters didn't seem to get out f second gear, I would hate to see us having a shocker in defence and them going hard. The score would have reflected the salary difference.
That is crap - they were in first gear don't worry.
You only play as well as you are allowed. with that much ball and being as good as thet supposedly are it should have been 100. Why wasn't it? They were not good enough to do it. Good enough to win but....
We bombed 3 tries, gave them two of the softest tries ever and they scored one from a double movement.
Oh ! but they were in second gear. God help them then, when we play them when we are in first gear.