Brooks

Chevy

Re: Brooks

Post by Chevy » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 2:01 pm

The majority of the play went Moses way who serviced Ted,Kev and Nofo to great effect.Brooks was quiter but you could also say the same about Ted,Simona and Pats compared to WT right side in attack.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 2:50 pm

I think he has gone backwards this year, and showed much better signs last season.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 2:52 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:I think he has gone backwards this year, and showed much better signs last season.
probably because he is learning how the structures work at NRL level,once he completely understands...then look out....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 3:26 pm

He will come good, the team just needs to be enabled to play consistent footy that compliments their abilities. It's taken Moses a while and he will still need more time, Brooks will come into his own shortly.

These kids are the real deal they just can't do it themselves and need support in the forwards and some targets outside them to let them play their game.

A spine of Mania, Brooks, Moses and Teddy is one that's going to set us alight for years to come.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 3:31 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:He will come good, the team just needs to be enabled to play consistent footy that compliments their abilities. It's taken Moses a while and he will still need more time, Brooks will come into his own shortly.

These kids are the real deal they just can't do it themselves and need support in the forwards and some targets outside them to let them play their game.

A spine of Mania, Brooks, Moses and Teddy is one that's going to set us alight for years to come.

Best post I've read in a long time, MT.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 3:35 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:I think he has gone backwards this year, and showed much better signs last season.
Mate I reckon it's a confidence thing myself

I wonder if he doubts whether he is good enough to be at this level yet

The perceived defensive issues might be taking their toll

I'm no Freud though

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:24 pm

i think he was very good.. disagree with Mac- Brooks was the 7 tonight.

from first receiver, he controlled the ruck, he controlled whether to spread the ball or keep it short, his kicking game was pretty good too. brooks was involved in most of the tries- his timing was excellent.

he may not have the dynamic of tedesco or deft touches of moses but he's a true halfback.

he needs to go low when tackling though. misses so many bloody tackles.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 7:34 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mate I reckon it's a confidence thing myself

I wonder if he doubts whether he is good enough to be at this level yet

The perceived defensive issues might be taking their toll

I'm no Freud though
huh?

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 01 Aug, 2015 9:45 pm

I have seen Moses and Brooks back when they playing school football and always thought Brooks was the star - I have changed my view and now see Moses as the better of the two. Having said that I think Brooks has a lot more to offer in the long run = I really hope he hits his potential soon - having outstanding playmakers either side of the ruck is something teams dream about - Manly has had for a few years. A future spine of Teddy Moses Brooks and Cherry has me drooling.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 11:40 am

Moses looks more threatening of late getting his hands on the ball more.
Brooks attacks the lone often but he's doing it without runners so he's getting picked off. Some more off the ball support for him would be quite handy.

The next step for Brooks is starting to take more game management responsibility. He's got great talent but just needs to think a little more about the set, rather then the immediate play at times. Not too much because he'll miss opportunities but just so he steers the team around cleanly.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Aug, 2015 11:46 am

Peaches wrote:Moses looks more threatening of late getting his hands on the ball more.
Brooks attacks the lone often but he's doing it without runners so he's getting picked off. Some more off the ball support for him would be quite handy.

The next step for Brooks is starting to take more game management responsibility. He's got great talent but just needs to think a little more about the set, rather then the immediate play at times. Not too much because he'll miss opportunities but just so he steers the team around cleanly.

I really like it when I see our halves run early , it stops the defence rushing up on our outside backs which gives them some room