Brooks this week

Chipofftheoldblock

Brooks this week

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:04 pm

Just watched the game and have to say Brooks needs to better understand the role of a halfback in the NRL. In games like we just watched, he needs to step up and take control. I am yet to see him to do this in a game this year.
He is the one that needs to work to the game plan or have a plan B or C up his sleeve if things are not working out. He lacks direction and organisation skills for this team to move around he field.
I am yet to see him identify a weak spot in a defence and work towards a play that takes advantage of that spot.
He cant always wait for our forwards to make space for him. A good half will guide his team around the park to areas of the field they can exploit and have a smart kicking game to get them out of trouble.
He needs to take a long hard look at himself and ask the question what to I want to be a dominant halfback for the next 10 years or a player that could of been.
I personally am not sold on him running this team. Next year is a make or break year for him.

On a plus side, i think Moses is starting to show some really signs for the future.
Come on Luke, make me eat humble pie.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:06 pm

brooks will get there- he has tremendous understanding of the game

this loss can't be blamed on him at all imo- it was the forwards plain and simple- and to a degree farah's two very costly mistakes.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:07 pm

I thought he was great in the first half, not so much in the second half.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:09 pm

I questioned if he was playing at times. Needs to be there at the right time. Not playing smart footy ATM.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:21 pm

brooks has gone backwards over the last 5-6 weeks, he just does not seem to read the game, there was heaps of times he could have put his foot down and went for the gap yet he throws a hospital ball.

have to say that i would have liked to see moses at 1/2 and martin at 5/8 next year.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:22 pm

Hard playing 7 behind a beaten forward pack....always has been

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:32 pm

tig_prmz wrote:brooks will get there- he has tremendous understanding of the game

this loss can't be blamed on him at all imo- it was the forwards plain and simple- and to a degree farah's two very costly mistakes.
It's comments like this that really annoy me. No offense to you personally "tig", I like your contributions to the forum overall. But you say "this loss can't be blamed on Brooks" . ...When did chippofftheoldblock blame Brooks for the loss? I think many foumers do this, as soon as someone says a bad word about a player they start making out like that player is being soley blamed for the loss. Annoys the crap out of me.

Sorry, like I said not totally against you Tig, but this is a good example of a pet hate of mine and I can't stand it.

Unless someone says "so and so cost us the game"....criticism of them doesn't necessarily mean they are being blamed for the loss
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 6:49 pm

Just back from the game and I thought Brooks once again looked hesitant and seems to be the split second behind the pace in his decision making. On the other hand Moses looks like he plays off instinct. I would consider putting Moses in at 7 and playing Brooks at six

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:05 pm

X 2.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:31 pm

At the start of the season people were very supportive of Brooks and less of Moses ( a lot less actually) now that Moses seems to be kicking on nicely has this now highlighted how Brooks has not gone with him perhaps ?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:34 pm

To be honest Potter was able to get heaps more out of a less experienced Brooks ..will say now Brooks needs to source another coach as Taylor is not the guy to bring out his best ...Taylor has had a full off season and an entire season working with him and he has gone backwards .As much as I would not like seeing him go it is him for his own development or Taylor!

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:46 pm

Snake wrote:To be honest Potter was able to get heaps more out of a less experienced Brooks ..will say now Brooks needs to source another coach as Taylor is not the guy to bring out his best ...Taylor has had a full off season and an entire season working with him and he has gone backwards .As much as I would not like seeing him go it is him for his own development or Taylor!
Another Taylor bash hey snake...any opportunity I suppose..

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:48 pm

supercoach wrote:Just back from the game and I thought Brooks once again looked hesitant and seems to be the split second behind the pace in his decision making. On the other hand Moses looks like he plays off instinct. I would consider putting Moses in at 7 and playing Brooks at six
I thought that as the origin period progressed, ie, Cherrington found his flow, that Brooks was starting to look alot better. I made posts at the start of the year that I think Farahs service is just way too slow, and from flat behind the PTB. He doesnt step out to slow the advancing def lines, and he isnt quick... unless the ball runners earn us some ruck speed themselves, I feel periods of our attack are groundhog day and the first player of Farah gets hammered for sets on end.

Im not making excuses for Brooks, he is obviously struggling, nor am I trying to deflect onto Robbie that its his fault either.... but Brooks with his mojo and the Farah issue wouldnt likely be as noticable, Mania's quicker service and Brooks lack of confidence slowing down his thought process isnt as much of an issue.

Also Brooks isnt the first nor will he be the last half to be rattled and look up for Beau Scott every time the ball comes near him. Its not the end of the world though, he has proven on occasions he has the class to be there. Its just a matter of time before he he comes good with a bit of confidence and consistency.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 7:49 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
Snake wrote:To be honest Potter was able to get heaps more out of a less experienced Brooks ..will say now Brooks needs to source another coach as Taylor is not the guy to bring out his best ...Taylor has had a full off season and an entire season working with him and he has gone backwards .As much as I would not like seeing him go it is him for his own development or Taylor!
Another Taylor bash hey snake...any opportunity I suppose..
Well if you think Luke has excelled under Taylor great that is your opinion mine is quite different ,Taylor is a loser get used to it!

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 8:14 pm

I agree that Brooks hasn't improved as expected this year. I have called previously for him to be dropped in favour if Moses at half, but who are you going to replace him with! It is clear you have no time for Taylor but this constant barrage every opportunity gets very onerous.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 9:50 pm

All the good no 7 are confident cocky sort of players who seem to be one play in front of the game,but Brooks seems to be struggling and not sure of what and when to put his stamp on a game.

Not bashing the kid but I hope this has just been second season syndrome

DonnyBrasco

Post by DonnyBrasco » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 10:11 pm

I think some of you lot seem forget how young he is, it's the end of the year, he might be carrying a niggle and he might also be spent. I don't know how we can honestly expect kids to perform week in week out against grown men many years their senior and then wonder why they have an off day.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0
Tigers for 2022!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Aug, 2015 10:45 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
supercoach wrote:Just back from the game and I thought Brooks once again looked hesitant and seems to be the split second behind the pace in his decision making. On the other hand Moses looks like he plays off instinct. I would consider putting Moses in at 7 and playing Brooks at six
I thought that as the origin period progressed, ie, Cherrington found his flow, that Brooks was starting to look alot better. I made posts at the start of the year that I think Farahs service is just way too slow, and from flat behind the PTB. He doesnt step out to slow the advancing def lines, and he isnt quick... unless the ball runners earn us some ruck speed themselves, I feel periods of our attack are groundhog day and the first player of Farah gets hammered for sets on end.

Im not making excuses for Brooks, he is obviously struggling, nor am I trying to deflect onto Robbie that its his fault either.... but Brooks with his mojo and the Farah issue wouldnt likely be as noticable, Mania's quicker service and Brooks lack of confidence slowing down his thought process isnt as much of an issue.

Also Brooks isnt the first nor will he be the last half to be rattled and look up for Beau Scott every time the ball comes near him. Its not the end of the world though, he has proven on occasions he has the class to be there. Its just a matter of time before he he comes good with a bit of confidence and consistency.

Good post B&W