Season Draw next week ..

Wests Tigers Discussion
foreveratiger

Season Draw next week ..

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 9:41 am

Was interested to see what games fellow Tigers supporters would like at what ground ?
I would like Tigers to play Broncos and Titans away as i live on the Gold Coast.
I think a Tigers vs Bulldogs at Leichardt would get me on a plane to Sydney also Tigers vs Souffs at Leichardt would get me on a plane ... Thoughts?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 9:51 am

I guess we need to see what our games are first and then which games the SCG/SFS trust want. Is the draw next week? I thought it was happening "late" this week...

[Edit] Just check the nrl site and next week it is!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 9:58 am

Yossarian wrote:I guess we need to see what our games are first and then which games the SCG/SFS trust want. Is the draw next week? I thought it was happening "late" this week...

[Edit] Just check the nrl site and next week it is!
Yeah next week , i didn't know SCG/SFS get to pick there games ( i suppose fair enough there paying us to play there ).
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 9:58 am

Manly at Campbelltown.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 10:01 am

Sharks at Shark Park

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 10:04 am

happy tiger wrote:Sharks at Shark Park
This would be a cracker agree.

WSTigers

Post by WSTigers » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 11:49 am

• Sharks at Shark Park
• Bunnies or Manly at Campbelltown
• Dragons in Wollongong

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 16 Nov, 2012 12:05 pm

Round 1 I think we are due an away game.

If it got the late slot I wouldn't mind playing the Titans round 1 Saturday night and come back with a Dogs at Campbelltown in Round 2

alex

Post by alex » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 1:37 am

The NRL would be pretty dumb not to schedule Tigers V Sharks in Round 1. The media would love the hype around it. It wouldn't really matter what ground it's at, but I'm sure they'd prefer if it was a Tigers home game as they could then beat up the homecoming of Beau and Heighno.

I'd love to see a blockbuster match at Campbelltown. I know they're kind of reserved for the SFS, hence why we play there, but CS had two Monday games, a Saturday night and one Sunday game this year. The year before was a similar story, with at least 2 Monday games if I'm not mistaken? Would love to see a big match there as it hasn't been packed out in ages and it's always a great atmosphere there at full capacity. I'm sure it would help strengthen our ties to the region as well, kind of seems a bit forgotten sometimes I think and gets given the left over home games while the blockbusters and rivalries are saved for the SFS and Leichhardt.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 8:34 am

I think we may get an away game too. (4 home games rd 1- last 5 seasons)

Alex dont forget the draw and the broadcasting are two different things, the latter determined by 9
When you think about it with club requests re: the draw...they really can only request where.....not when....they could maybe ask for no NQ away early in the year, but I dont think we can say we want cambo games on mainly sundays 2pm/3pm...(which would be perfect imo for max fans to get to with ease)

I think there are Thur nite games the first 5 weeks too

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 8:48 am

I wonder if SCG game will actually go ahead In 2013 was called off in 2011 & 2012

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 9:27 am

They really should forget the SCG imo...nice history, terrible viewing.....they have advertising only Allianz Stdm in membership...no AS/SCG...wether that means anything???

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 9:48 am

Hopefully the draw being announced put back a week is because some clubs have blown up about the Broncs having 18 of the first 20 games either on Thursday or Friday nights (i can't seem to find the thread were there was an article with a rough draft and how many FTA games each club had for the first 20 rounds) if I am mistaken, then its at least 18 of the first 20 rounds on FTA.

Hopefully they have taken some of the Friday night games off them and given the Cow's and Titans a few more to balance it out to a more level playing field.

With the comp never being so even since the introduction of the salary cap, I think it's giving them an unfair advantage on and off the field. how the NRL could even attempt to justify the reasons for them getting so many would be insulting to me.

The main reasons I believe it's an unfair advantage if this does eventuate once the final draw is released are:
having a constant 7 day turn around between games giving their players extra time to recover from niggling injuries.(unless they go from a Friday night game to a Thursday night game in the first five weeks it will be a six day turn around then) also how they will be able to attract more corporate sponsors with them having so many more prime time games and being able to give those companies brands more exposure on tv compared to other clubs. Hence why companies would rather align themselves with them compared to other clubs with less exposure on tv.

I understand it would be a very complex exercise having to work out a draw with so many rounds locked in advance and that because the Broncs rate so well on tv that's why 9 inevitable choose them for the QLD game but when it gives one team a perceived advantage over every other team IMO I think it's a rort!

Last edited by weststigers4life on Sat 17 Nov, 2012 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 9:52 am

innsaneink wrote:They really should forget the SCG imo...nice history, terrible viewing.....they have advertising only Allianz Stdm in membership...no AS/SCG...wether that means anything???
100% love going to the ground for the history and the atmosphere but crap ground to watch the footy from with the angle you view the footy.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 10:03 am

it was supposed to be this week according to this forum.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 10:03 am

Im guessing Bulldogs, Souths, Dragons/Broncos and manly at Allianz...as usual cambo & LO fight over the crumbs.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 10:05 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:it was supposed to be this week according to this forum.

There was a story on weststigers.com.au that the draw will now be out next week.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 17 Nov, 2012 12:09 pm

weststigers4life wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:it was supposed to be this week according to this forum.

There was a story on weststigers.com.au that the draw will now be out next week.

Yeah nrl.com are saying next week plus some story about how some Canadian company are still crunching the figures and how complicated the whole thing is. I seem to recall them saying the week before that it would be this week so maybe it is taking longer than they expected.