Knights Snowden,Mason,J Smith,Houston and Beau Scott

Panthers Grant,MacKendry,Manu,Newton and Lewis Brown

Dusters JWH,FPN,Cordner,Aubusson,SBW

Wabbits L Burgess,Asotasi,S.Burgess ,Teo and Crocker

Eels T Mannah,Moi Moi,Lussick,Ben Smith and Maitua

Warriors Rapira,Matalino,Mannering.T Lowrie,Mateo

Tigers Woods,Gallaway,Blair, Fulton and Anasta

Scary thought when you match our forwards up against other packs in 2013

I can't really even see a side that we would go close to dominating , No Ellis is very telling .

We need to go on a forward frenzy for 2014 looking at that imo

Whats your opinion ??

PS I'm sure you could switch some players and make a big deal , but most sides will line up fairly similiar to that I would think

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 12:17 am

tend to agree with you, it would be nice to have that workhorse backrower who will make plenty of carries and lots of tackles. We have 2 ball playing backrowers and a guy who in 2012 could only be described as low impact, low work rate. Our starting front row is strong but there is not a lot of depth there.

This is a scary prospect but looking at these packs (more specifically the back rows) I think our fate may be hinging on the performance of Adam Blair in 2013. We really need to bring in a class back rower for 2014 as well as some front row depth.

alex

Post by alex » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 12:29 am

Anyone who thought having Fulton and Heighno in the starting lineup, let alone the same 17 due to their lack of size, will be having seizures if Fulton and Anasta both start

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 3:54 am

Adding BMM and Pettybourne to our pack gives it a stronger look.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 5:07 am

A lot will depend on the wrestle and the ruck speed. After last years GF,their has been talk of trying to speed things up again.If that happens we go from a pack of cellar dwellers, to the real thing. Could be very interesting, if our no7 fires we could be in for a good year

willow

Post by willow » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 6:50 am

I rate our pack mid-field. Good front row but a lot hinges on the make up of the backrow and forwards selected on the bench. Trial time should be interesting.

spearby

Post by spearby » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 7:14 am

not enough mongrel no starch in our back 3 would not put fear into a under 18 year old side

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 7:40 am

We still have a big pack and im pretty sure we can match anyteam on our day but hopfully we recruit a prop or 2 and a big name second rower next year.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 8:02 am

Potter shouldn't have favourites, and nor should previous service count considering he will need results ASAP.

Fulton and Anasta shouldn't be in the starting pack, so we have some options.

Depending on Trial form, I'd prefer a pack like this:

8. Woods; 9. Farah; 10. Pettybourne; 11. Blair; 12. Murdoch-Masila; 13. Anasta with a bench of Galloway, Fotuaku, Fulton, Thompson/Gavet. I don't think we need a Back on the Bench with Anasta & Thompson in the 17.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 8:10 am

willow wrote:I rate our pack mid-field. Good front row but a lot hinges on the make up of the backrow and forwards selected on the bench. Trial time should be interesting.
Blair on 2012 form and impact wise we have the worst back 3 in the NRL

Don't worry Willow in 2012 I remember saying we had potentially the best backrow in the NRL

This is the problem with the Anasta signing , you look at our side and think he is exactly what we needed , but then trying to work out what position to play him is a nightmare

With the style of backrowers we have Fulton has to be there to look after Benji defensively

Whether you pick Blair ,Pettybourne ,Thompson whoever to play the other side your still left with Anasta at lock if Anasta starts

The only way we can possibly add some size without affecting the balance is playing Bell at lock

But then I keep getting stuck with the same issue "I still want Anasta on the field"

Does anyone else look at our forwards and think the same scary thoughts

The only other option is playing Anasta off the bench and then when we sub either Woods or Keefy we put Bell or Blair up front and bring Anasta on after the platform has been set

I bet Potter is pulling out a lot of splinters , because I know I am

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 8:15 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Potter shouldn't have favourites, and nor should previous service count considering he will need results ASAP.

8. Woods; 9. Farah; 10. Pettybourne; 11. Blair; 12. Murdoch-Masila; 13. Anasta with a bench of Galloway, Fotuaku, Fulton, Thompson/Gavet. I don't think we need a Back on the Bench with Anasta & Thompson in the 17.
We will get destroyed on the edges with that side Watto

Someone defensively has to look after Marshall and it has to be Fulton He is the only player of that style that plays backrow Our problem is we have issues with attack (or more to the point go forward) and more importantly defence No use picking a side we hope can win 38-36 every week

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 9:53 am

As already mentioned if Blair doesn't fire we're in trouble IMO.Its been all downhill since Payten retired and Ellis struggled with injuries.Sheens made the mistake in 2011(?) of rating Ellis as the WT best forward so that was possibly the start of the niggle between himself & Robbie.
Last edited by Basil Tiger on Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

spearby

Post by spearby » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:03 am

how would blair go in the front row i though he had played some times in the front row for the storm

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:13 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Potter shouldn't have favourites, and nor should previous service count considering he will need results ASAP.

Someone defensively has to look after Marshall and it has to be Fulton He is the only player of that style that plays backrow Our problem is we have issues with attack (or more to the point go forward) and more importantly defence No use picking a side we hope can win 38-36 every week
If Fulton was a starting forward, he wouldnt be at the Tigers!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:27 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

If Fulton was a starting forward, he wouldnt be at the Tigers!
Sorry Watto I can't see the point your making

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:43 am

So much comes down to how Blair plays. IF Potter gets the mongrel, agression and workrate back into him then we look so much better than if he plays like last season.

Problem with finding positions for backrowers is even worse when you add young Siro in. I want Fulton, Anasta and Siro all in the side but realistically it just doesn;t work.
Madgic!

alex

Post by alex » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:46 am

How disappointing we went from one of the best backrows in the comp (Ellis, Dwyer, Heighno) to one of the worst.

I hope Potter rotates the front row a bit more. Woods was averaging 60-70mins a game this year, and Keith wasn't far behind. I don't care if they're fit enough, injuries are bound to happen without a proper rotation

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:46 am

In all honesty if Benji still can't look after himself by next year then Potter hasn't done enough on defense. We should be basing our attack on combinations not our defense.
I think the addition of Fotuaika (sp?), Sironen, Gavet, Pettybourne, Thompson, Seumanufagai and possibly Naiyaravaro we have a versatile back row/prop rotation depending on the strategy we want to play. Add to that BMM and we have the potential for a very big pack should the players mentioned be prepared for first grade.