Matt Groat?

Wests Tigers Discussion
GNR4LIFE

Re: Matt Groat?

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 04 Jan, 2013 11:33 pm

the third wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Groat has to be one of the most least talented players i've seen in a while. Lucky to still be a first grader in 3 or 4 yrs imo
The kid played front row at 18. Much tougher than some the keyboard warriors on here

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
He did and he cost us big time in the final against the Warriors. Is it allowed to not rate a player? or is it because he's a Wests player we all must see him as a rising star? Not every young player who comes into fg lasts the journey. IMO Groat will be ones of those players. If having having that opinion is so shocking that it makes me a keyboard warrior to you then so be it
I thought he was a west tigers player.... Who cares where he came from

Thats what i said didn't i? you're comment couldn't make any less sense if you tried

FARANGALANG

Post by FARANGALANG » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 12:14 am

Ed Reschs wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Groat has to be one of the most least talented players i've seen in a while. Lucky to still be a first grader in 3 or 4 yrs imo
The kid played front row at 18. Much tougher than some the keyboard warriors on here

He did and he cost us big time in the final against the Warriors. Is it allowed to not rate a player? or is it because he's a Wests player we all must see him as a rising star? Not every young player who comes into fg lasts the journey. IMO Groat will be ones of those players. If having having that opinion is so shocking that it makes me a keyboard warrior to you then so be it[/quote]

Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote]
Thats what i said didn't i? you're comment couldn't make any less sense if you tried[/quote]

GNR you do seem to be the one constantly in the middle of this whole wests/balmain thing.Give it a rest.You forever accuse peole of saying there wests but really they are Balmain in disguise or vice versa and you forever mumble about some pies forum but you are the one thats ex wests.HMMM. :crazy Why not focus on WESTS TIGERS issues instead of forever feeding the WESTS/BALMAIN fire.Enough already.You may not necessarily be at fault in this situation with this other poster(you did say WESTS as in WESTS TIGERS) I know but you forever feed this flame that still sadly becomes a fire.Your posts are usually good dont let yourself down with replying foolishly to needless posts.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 12:59 am

FARANGALANG wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:

He did and he cost us big time in the final against the Warriors. Is it allowed to not rate a player? or is it because he's a Wests player we all must see him as a rising star? Not every young player who comes into fg lasts the journey. IMO Groat will be ones of those players. If having having that opinion is so shocking that it makes me a keyboard warrior to you then so be it

Posted using RoarFEED 2012[/quote]
Thats what i said didn't i? you're comment couldn't make any less sense if you tried[/quote]

GNR you do seem to be the one constantly in the middle of this whole wests/balmain thing.Give it a rest.You forever accuse peole of saying there wests but really they are Balmain in disguise or vice versa and you forever mumble about some pies forum but you are the one thats ex wests.HMMM. :crazy Why not focus on WESTS TIGERS issues instead of forever feeding the WESTS/BALMAIN fire.Enough already.You may not necessarily be at fault in this situation with this other poster(you did say WESTS as in WESTS TIGERS) I know but you forever feed this flame that still sadly becomes a fire.Your posts are usually good dont let yourself down with replying foolishly to needless posts.[/quote]
True, shouldn't let ignorant, snide remarks hijack these threads. These arguments go nowhere and achieve nothing

FARANGALANG

Post by FARANGALANG » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 4:20 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
FARANGALANG wrote:
Ed Reschs wrote:

GNR you do seem to be the one constantly in the middle of this whole wests/balmain thing.Give it a rest.You forever accuse peole of saying there wests but really they are Balmain in disguise or vice versa and you forever mumble about some pies forum but you are the one thats ex wests.HMMM. :crazy Why not focus on WESTS TIGERS issues instead of forever feeding the WESTS/BALMAIN fire.Enough already.You may not necessarily be at fault in this situation with this other poster(you did say WESTS as in WESTS TIGERS) I know but you forever feed this flame that still sadly becomes a fire.Your posts are usually good dont let yourself down with replying foolishly to needless posts.[/quote]
True, shouldn't let ignorant, snide remarks hijack these threads. These arguments go nowhere and achieve nothing[/quote]

In fact I think the ironicness of the other poster was that I think he thought of you as you did of him they are promoting one side of the merger when in fact both of you are meaning to defend the good cause "THE WESTS TIGERS". :sign:

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 10:03 am

I saw groaty at wests c'town grabbing a feed recently and he looks a different body shape to when he made his debut.

He looks leaner through the mid section and stronger up top so i'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in 2013.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 12:54 pm

This guy will be a champion.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 1:18 pm

Spartan117 wrote:This guy will be a champion.
Last year must have been really tough on him mentally and that will be the best thing for him. It'll teach him just how tough things can be and how you have to respond. If he bounces back from it as I think he will it will bring him on a year or so sooner than otherwise and be great for him. He's still only 20.

He'll be a really good first grade prop and I think he'll start to shine late this season coming or from the start of the following season.
Madgic!

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 1:25 pm

Barring injuries, he won't play 1st grade this year. Simply because there are better players in front of him.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 1:27 pm

Hard to say he wont make it based on how he was bought into NRL... I can also see why he was bought in and it allowed us to see where he is at.

Hopefully a positive off-season will see Matt working hard to force his way onto the bench for NRL... If not, 1-2 years playing State Cup will also be a good grounding for him.

20yrs old and playing Prop... Let him develop and mature!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 7:15 pm

I hope he does and wish him all the best but he will play state cup this year and more than likely be sold off in the next year or two.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 7:51 pm

whoneedstherapy wrote:I saw groaty at wests c'town grabbing a feed recently and he looks a different body shape to when he made his debut.

He looks leaner through the mid section and stronger up top so i'm looking forward to seeing how he goes in 2013.
..Exactly what he needs to do!
Build his upper body strength,improve his mobility,& grow a year or two older & harder from 2012 when his coach threw him to the wolves.
Reckon he'll be a real good 1st grade prop(or better) in a year or two

willow

Post by willow » Sat 05 Jan, 2013 11:45 pm

clontarfkid wrote:
whoneedstherapy wrote:I saw groaty at wests c'town grabbing a feed recently and he looks a different body shape to when he made his debut.

..Exactly what he needs to do!
Build his upper body strength,improve his mobility,& grow a year or two older & harder from 2012 when his coach threw him to the wolves.
Reckon he'll be a real good 1st grade prop(or better) in a year or two
He's already one of the strongest at the club too.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 6:27 pm

i have to question Matt Groats mental frame of mind since the massacre at St. George. Is he ready in the head to get up again. thats my question. i was there there day at Kogarah when it all collapsed. I was looking for Tim Sheens but he was out of reach. After this debacle Matt Groat deserves another shot. Ourwild card over the summer. He should be given a second chance. My wild card folks. Image
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

willow

Post by willow » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 7:17 pm

He'll be right AHX, he's only young and will have gotten over it. Given how little football he played last season, i imagine he'll be super keen to impress this year.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 8:35 pm

took Bryce a long time.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 8:43 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:took Bryce a long time.

Different player.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 8:45 pm

He seems small....its an illusion, hes bigger and heavier than Matt Scott

I dunno how he'll go. Good, hopefully.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 06 Jan, 2013 8:48 pm

i knew you were gonna say that. there was no other option for you Willow. Another thing that Groat has in his favour.