Kicker

Wests Tigers Discussion
innsaneink

Re: Kicker

Post by innsaneink » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 9:28 pm

Goose wrote:Beni will kick.
Anasta playing in the back row will add a bit of extra yardage into his legs making it a little more difficult and miller will be finding his way
Dont think playing back row makes any difference....been plenty good b/r g/k over the years

Pretty sure Potters been quoted or WTs have stated Anasta will back up Benji in the g/k dept

Gray

Post by Gray » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 9:31 pm

from the player profiles it sounds as though Benj will kick as both Miller and Anasta are classed as 'back-up' to Benj. Does anyone know Millers stats in NYC?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 25 Jan, 2013 10:15 pm

He did kick a field goal from near halfway and at angle to the posts in at an impotant stage against Penrith at Campbelltown last year. Also a competent goal kicker.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 26 Jan, 2013 12:10 am

innsaneink wrote:
Goose wrote:Beni will kick.
Anasta playing in the back row will add a bit of extra yardage into his legs making it a little more difficult and miller will be finding his way
Dont think playing back row makes any difference....been plenty good b/r g/k over the years

Pretty sure Potters been quoted or WTs have stated Anasta will back up Benji in the g/k dept
A very low percentage of kickers play in the forwards, and part of that is fatigue, if you have 2 kickers the same might as well go with the one who should be a bit fresher

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 26 Jan, 2013 8:25 am

I didnt say there was a high % of forwards kicking

I said I think it makes no difference

I think the main reason more backs are kickers is it is generally the rule backs kick in general play, theyre more lithe, agile ...plus theyre less likely to be i'changed

Fatigue doesnt come into it....didnt for Parker, Fitzgibbon Furner Matterson Tatana, Cam Smith (dummy half the most fatiguing possy on the park) Riddell etc

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 28 Jan, 2013 3:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:I didnt say there was a high % of forwards kicking

I said I think it makes no difference

I think the main reason more backs are kickers is it is generally the rule backs kick in general play, theyre more lithe, agile ...plus theyre less likely to be i'changed

Fatigue doesnt come into it....didnt for Parker, Fitzgibbon Furner Matterson Tatana, Cam Smith (dummy half the most fatiguing possy on the park) Riddell etc
Who's Tatana...is that the bloke that used to play in the 50's or 60's?

you know who

Post by you know who » Tue 29 Jan, 2013 9:25 am

why wouldnt you have braith kick from the side that suits him and benji kick from the other wouldnt give it to miller h heas enough on his plate

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 29 Jan, 2013 10:32 am

Benji for me, followed by Anasta & just give Miller the chance to concentrate on his game as the kid will have enough on his plate.