Lawrence believes his team mates have let Benji down.

Wests Tigers Discussion
Oxygen

Lawrence believes his team mates have let Benji down.

Post by Oxygen » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 6:01 pm

Apparently now his team mates have let him down.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-d ... own-240961

LaT

Post by LaT » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 6:33 pm

"Obviously Benji would probably be the first one to say he probably hasn't had the best season, but everyone else in the team has got to put their hand up," Lawrence told reporters on Tuesday.

"There's not one player who is playing bad that is the reason for why our side is not performing this year.

"We've had plenty of young blokes coming through perhaps who weren't ready but just got thrown in because of injury and Benji's really helped them through.

"I think the last month or so we've seen those guys develop and become fulltime first graders.

"If we start winning games collectively, a lot of individuals will obviously be performing better, which will probably stop it (criticism of Marshall)."
The headline makes it seem like Lawrence is saying something hes not.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

starling04

Post by starling04 » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 6:38 pm

Lawrence is just saying the whole team needs to lift collectively. As usual the headlines are exaggerated.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 6:39 pm

Stupid headlines....
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:19 pm

It's hard to make any comment in the press when you're down the bottom of the table. You come across as either bagging your own team-mates, praising your team-mates when they are playing crap, making excuses, or in denial. Refuse all interviews and they'll make some nonsense up anyways.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:26 pm

Sorry Chris Lawrence....your a nice guy and all...but you have got this horribly wrong...what was the reason Benj played poor most of last season?

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:32 pm

Its a no-win really. He's being a good team mate and clubman. He's not going to say that Benji is the sole reason we are doing so badly (and he isn't the sole reason). If he did he'd be criticized for being a rat and throwing a team mate under the bus.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:48 pm

Lawrence has played below par in the last 2 years, so best he speak for himself only. I agreed with him the rookies would be better with more time, but the team has no alteratives. The young ones have performed beyond expectations. I think they have performed so well that if we pick on performance only, the more experience ones may have to go back to reserves to prove themselves and to compete for a place in the NRL.

mikey

Post by mikey » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:53 pm

laufoofan wrote:Lawrence has played below par in the last 2 years, so best he speak for himself only. I agreed with him the rookies would be better with more time, but the team has no alternatives. The young ones have performed beyond expectations. I think they have performed so well that if we pick on performance only, the more experience ones may have to go back to reserves to prove themselves and to compete for a place in the NRL.
I think the young ones have performed so well it is the established players that need to prove they can come back.

Thank God we have competition at last over favoritism.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 25 Jun, 2013 8:59 pm

If your not going to take ownership for your comments Rowdy , don't make a comment

Tale a wild stab at everyone but blame no one , that's the way

By the way , I wonder what player has had the most missed tackles leading to tries per game ??

Gotta love the accountability in this place at times

LaT

Post by LaT » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 10:33 am

He didn't really say much wrong though.

He didn't write the headline.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 11:48 am

alexaki wrote:Sorry Chris Lawrence....your a nice guy and all...but you have got this horribly wrong...what was the reason Benj played poor most of last season?
he did lead the comp in Try assist and Line break assists.

He made too many errors, no doubt, but scoring plays are the important ones and he set up more than anyone.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 12:32 pm

A story for the sake of a story.......

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 3:19 pm

I make it a point not to read any more Wests Tigers players reasons or excuses or back slapping etc before or after games.

Their performance, welfare and the good of the club is all that interests me