Benji Marshall Blues to cut their losses

Wests Tigers Discussion
Newtown

Re: Benji Marshall Blues to cut their losses

Post by Newtown » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:01 pm

foreveratiger wrote:The only thing I can think of is? we struck GOLD when he asked for a release from us, there is no way we would be able to resign Teddy, Nofo, also extending Sirro's contract if Benji took up the contract we put to him last year, we would of lost a real star out of it, now good chance we will keep them all.
I really feel for Benji though I must admit, wish him well
'

I still have the utmost respect for Benji.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 10:38 pm

Newtown wrote:I still have the utmost respect for Benji.
I respect the guy as well, and think that the club was very unprofessional in the negotiations last year. Unlike some, I also thought that the lack of a decent halfback for most of his tenure was his major problem, along with a coach that saw him as something else.

Without doubt, and for a variety of good reasons, he has been WT most influential player. That said, I am fairly certain we have dodged a bullet by him taking the club's bait and deciding to leave. We probably could not afford keep him Robbie together, both financially and for the development of Brooks.

Post by Guest » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 11:21 pm

formerguest wrote:
Newtown wrote:I still have the utmost respect for Benji.
I respect the guy as well, and think that the club was very unprofessional in the negotiations last year. Unlike some, I also thought that the lack of a decent halfback for most of his tenure was his major problem, along with a coach that saw him as something else.

Without doubt, and for a variety of good reasons, he has been WT most influential player. That said, I am fairly certain we have dodged a bullet by him taking the club's bait and deciding to leave. We probably could not afford keep him Robbie together, both financially and for the development of Brooks.
Respect my ass he gave us a big [automatically edited] you. Respect was lost as soon as he put on that rubbish jersey. I didn't see benji Marshall I saw a puny little man wearing a rugby jersey.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 11:20 pm

Flippedy wrote:Very sad to see a player of the calibre of Benji end up like this. I really hope he can find his niche somewhere in football and in life.
What a massive fall he has endured the last 3 years...

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 05 Apr, 2014 2:24 am

The best thing ever was seeing him on the sideline under Potters instructions. That brought about a whole lot of thinking I reckon. Thinking on Benjis behalf of him no longer being in control, and thinking from the young guys at the club when they understand who the boss is around the joint. Not a lot of results in terms of win loss ratio as yet, but what a change of effort and performance now. Benji was great for a long time, but utter trash for a lot of the last few seasons. Really happy the way things have worked out.

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:28 am

Not sure if his wife would be keen on packing up and heading to UK..

Rugby has been a big flop for him.. He gave up a contract for Channel 9 also.

For his sake i hope he comes back to league somewhere.

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:38 am

alexaki wrote:
Flippedy wrote:Very sad to see a player of the calibre of Benji end up like this. I really hope he can find his niche somewhere in football and in life.
What a massive fall he has endured the last 3 years...

And for the most part , he has himself to blame

He hasn't changed his game and the game moved on

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 06 Apr, 2014 8:55 am

Salford have a 3 year 1 mil a season offer on the table for Benji ,so don't feel sorry for him .
Tim Sheens killed Benjis career by not having a real halfback beside him .when scott prince was here , benji was sensational ,and he had another top year beside robert lui .Sheens made some good decisions ,but he made a lot of bad ones , some we are still paying dearly for .id actually like to see Benji playing beside Brooks ,cause both would compliment each others game . not sure how we would go in defence though . but our attack would be awesome .