Kelly Egan new General Manager

Wests Tigers Discussion
Fade To Black

Re: Kelly Egan new General Manager

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:21 am

Has appeared to be Hasler's right hand man for many years- wonder why he left the Dogs.........pushed or just took the WT GM job off his own bat?
Welcome aboard KE, hope you are part of the making of this club off the field instead of it being the almighty dog's brekkie that it has been for many years. Good luck mate.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 7:01 am

15 years as a NRL assisitant across 3 clubs, head coach in QLD cup previous experience in business and marketing plus 2 degrees in education. Has worked for successful organisations and also Manly when they didn't have much cash and bulldogs with lots of it gives you a variety of experience. Think its a great signing and if JT doesen't work out (although I think he will) then Des might come over

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 7:43 am

Tigerdon wrote:Hopefully he can keep his pants on.
Yep, that was the first thing that popped into my head.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 8:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Don't know her, but coming from the Dogs who run a pretty tight ship, i think this is a good appointment.
Dude...it's a Dude...

From QLD worked under Des at Manly followed him to the Dogs ..also Coached Jnr Roos..

Good Luck but the GM of Football at Wests Tigers is like the Defence against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts..
Congrats Kegs Welcome to the WT's

Kelly has had various roles , was part of the junior program at the Cowboys

Played footy for North Sydney

He made me look horrid in a cover defending tackle many years ago :lol:

Screwed the pooch on that one :oops:

Hey Happy was he a chunky centre???? I can vaguely remember him from his days at the Bears

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 9:52 am

supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Don't know her, but coming from the Dogs who run a pretty tight ship, i think this is a good appointment.
Dude...it's a Dude...

From QLD worked under Des at Manly followed him to the Dogs ..also Coached Jnr Roos..

Good Luck but the GM of Football at Wests Tigers is like the Defence against the Dark Arts Teacher at Hogwarts..

Hey Happy was he a chunky centre???? I can vaguely remember him from his days at the Bears
About 6'3 and around 100 kgs , much in the Gene Miles / Graeme Bradley mode lacked a bit of speed , good palm

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:00 pm

Congratulations Kelly. Please do a good job for us :pray:

We need someone to help get us into winning form again. Good Luck ;)

willow

Post by willow » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 12:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Dude...it's a Dude...

About 6'3 and around 100 kgs , much in the Gene Miles / Graeme Bradley mode lacked a bit of speed , good palm
That palm scarred you didn't it?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 1:11 pm

willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

It did , reckon it was the worst missed tackle I ever had , totally misjudged him , was in a no virtual no win situation 3 on 1 , the bloke on his outside was the state age 100 metre champion and he seemed to be falling for my trap of going for the corner which turned it into a 1 on 1 ,tried to hit him under his palm and the shoulder / ribs to try and tie up the ball as well but misjudged his speed ...... and I ended coming off him like a spinning top

Lived a lifetime in those 4 days

Turned out he was a mate at school of one of my best mates ,they had moved to Atherton when their Dad took a promotion with the Forestry up there and they were in the same class

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 1:27 pm

Should have went for the intercept...peaheart..

Anyway it's good to get some fresh perspective into the joint with no previous ties to the Club...

Would like to know who else they interviewed for the position ..have heard 1 name Stuart Raper...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 2:02 pm

Fade To Black wrote:Has appeared to be Hasler's right hand man for many years- wonder why he left the Dogs.........pushed or just took the WT GM job off his own bat?
Welcome aboard KE, hope you are part of the making of this club off the field instead of it being the almighty dog's brekkie that it has been for many years. Good luck mate.
I tend to think he was forced out. Bulldogs kept Hasler on, but he has had to shed a few of his close assistants as part of the restructuring over there. Hopefully a win for us. Different roles though - assistant coach to GM

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 2:20 pm

Geo. wrote:Should have went for the intercept...peaheart..

Anyway it's good to get some fresh perspective into the joint with no previous ties to the Club...

Would like to know who else they interviewed for the position ..have heard 1 name Stuart Raper...
So its OFFicial then

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 2:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:

It did , reckon it was the worst missed tackle I ever had , totally misjudged him , was in a no virtual no win situation 3 on 1 , the bloke on his outside was the state age 100 metre champion and he seemed to be falling for my trap of going for the corner which turned it into a 1 on 1 ,tried to hit him under his palm and the shoulder / ribs to try and tie up the ball as well but misjudged his speed ...... and I ended coming off him like a spinning top
Sounds like you would make Frozone's defence look like he was Johnny Raper by comparison! Only kiddin' ya

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 4:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:Should have went for the intercept...peaheart..

So its OFFicial then
I can make it Official if you like...You are Officially a peaheart of fends..

As for Egan ..Official deals aren't Official until they are Officially announced...you know that...
Ivan's Laws

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 6:02 pm

If true would be a very astute pickup, very good eye on talent and also defensive minded. Not many say no to him as well which could go down well with our retention challenges.

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 6:57 pm

Seems like they've appointed an extra assistant coach to the GM of Footy role, but he's got good footy pedigree so hopefully will be able to cope with the difference in the role. Good luck Kelly!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 7:51 pm

Lets hope he gives mad monday a wide berth

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 Nov, 2016 1:11 am

Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sounds like you would make Frozone's defence look like he was Johnny Raper by comparison! Only kiddin' ya
Mate there would of been close to a 20 kg and 5 inch height difference and I had a flat top , I could of been an albino frozone

To be honest it was a pretty ordinary few days , we were at the pre carnival BBQ at Bremer State High School and the old man raced in and grabbed me as my Grandpa had a massive heart attack

We raced from Ipswich to Oakey in 55 minutes (fastest I've ever been in a motor vehicle ever) only for him to pass away early the next morning He and my Grandmother were just getting ready to drive down to Ipswich early the next day to watch me play

I reckon I scored of the best tries I had ever scored that night

While all this was going on a certain blonde hair little so and so by the name of Teevan was attempting to put the hard word on my girlfriend Apart from hearing it from her the next evening from her , the two guys billeted to stay with us from the Darling Downs had warned him off as well

We were drawn to play Teevan's Darling Downs team if they beat Egans team,
they lost

Didn't matter , no one were going to beat the Brisbane South region side especially with a forward pack containing Andrew Gee ,Tony Hearn , Alan Cann , Michael Searle and Brett Horsnell

And the Qld side they picked from that year was the first to beat NSW at Open schoolboys football

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 19 Nov, 2016 7:44 am

Good grief...lets hope Egan is half as good a GM of Football as you are at talking yourself up.....
Ivan's Laws